Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wildcard Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Well. Any wildcard regret this morning? :)

Or didn't-wildcard regret? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »

I'm glad I resisted get back to u at 6 today when my 4 players deliver 6 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

resisting till gw4 but already lost.1 on Ritchie and have Rooney , van aanholt and mane going the wrong way and if Ivan and hazard stink today then I could be left with team bleeding value by the end of this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,357 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Not an ounce of regret, and I thought I would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭dahat

None at all, saved me a couple of -4 even -8 so hopefully I can steady the rot and go forward from here.

Some poor selections from the start have me where I am, Walcott,Coates, poor keeper choice some of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,338 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

No regret, it's making the hangover a joy.
    Just not having to look at my team of failures is enough to consider it a resounding success :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

No regrets.
    The fact that we have to play 1 wildcard in the first half of the season and the presence of the 3 other chips (or whatever they're called) makes the WC less precious IMO. I think it's a great opportunity to make cash while improving the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

menoscemo wrote: »
    No regrets.
    The fact that we have to play 1 wildcard in the first half of the season and the presence of the 3 other chips (or whatever they're called) makes the WC less precious IMO. I think it's a great opportunity to make cash while improving the team.

Ditto.

The fact it has to be used before Dec28th means I have no regrets & hopefully this is the most uncomfortable il be with my team til then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

I'm a bit confused with the price rises. I WC'd and had all the likely candidates for a price change such as Albrighton. However Albrighton has increased in price yet he's still worth 5.0M on my team. Do I have to keep him on my team until the next GW to avail of the price change?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Shedite27

For what it's worth, I don't think anyone should wildcard until the transfer window closes - teams will change so much after that, GW6 is the best time to see who will be regulars until Christmas

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I don't think anyone should wildcard until the transfer window closes - teams will change so much after that, GW6 is the best time to see who will be regulars until Christmas

i totally agree and its always my aim to make it that far but have never got past gw 3 in 6 years. Still hanging in there this year but that flashy wildcard button is so distracting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Ditto.

The fact it has to be used before Dec28th means I have no regrets & hopefully this is the most uncomfortable il be with my team til then

My thinking is I'll try to keep WC1 for early December and set my team up for the Xmas congestion.

WC2 will then be used specifically for a DGW later in the season.

I'm still not convinced all these mid price options can keep it going. Don't get me wrong, Mahrez and Payet (who reminds me alot of Martin Petrov in the way he plays) are keepers I think but the jury is out on others like Ayew.

Players like Danny Murphy used to be great at having short spurts of form like this and then dropped off never to be heard from again for the rest of the season. Antoine Sibierski did it one year at Wigan as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I'm a bit confused with the price rises. I WC'd and had all the likely candidates for a price change such as Albrighton. However Albrighton has increased in price yet he's still worth 5.0M on my team. Do I have to keep him on my team until the next GW to avail of the price change?

You get 50% of the rise value, if albrighton goes up again to 5.2, you can sell for 5.1

You get 50% of the rise value, if albrighton goes up again to 5.2, you can sell for 5.1

Oh, I get it now. Thanks :)

As a final draft how does this look?

Schmecheal/Myhill
    Bellrin, Darmian,Alder,Francis, Prodl
    Silva,Cazorla,Payet,Chadli,Surman
    Gomis,Aguero,Igahlo
    £3.4 ITB

Rooney will stay for Newcastle game. Aguero as FT.

Keeper combo is just from team plus Pullisball, no fancy rotation theory.

Defence. Strong players plus Spurs have good fixtures next 4 or so. Two 4.5 who play 90 week in week out.

Midfield. Cant have Sanchez so Cazorla it is, Silva is Silva, fixtures are real good. Chadli as Spurs fixtures are OK and Surman as my 4.5, could change to Mahrez/Albrighton though.

Forwards. Aguero,Gomis,Igahlo.

Any advice? Can adjust with £3.4 ITB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Pulled the trigger aswell last night lost .2 on wally and Kozak already so wanted to get some prices rises.

Hopefully the casuals will drive down a few more players that we want to have in and help catch a few rises.

The team I have today is no where near what I will field next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »
    As a final draft how does this look?

Schmecheal/Myhill
    Bellrin, Darmian,Alder,Francis, Prodl
    Silva,Cazorla,Payet,Chadli,Surman
    Gomis,Aguero,Igahlo
    £3.4 ITB

Rooney will stay for Newcastle game. Aguero as FT.

Keeper combo is just from team plus Pullisball, no fancy rotation theory.

Defence. Strong players plus Spurs have good fixtures next 4 or so. Two 4.5 who play 90 week in week out.

Midfield. Cant have Sanchez so Cazorla it is, Silva is Silva, fixtures are real good. Chadli as Spurs fixtures are OK and Surman as my 4.5, could change to Mahrez/Albrighton though.

Forwards. Aguero,Gomis,Igahlo.

Any advice? Can adjust with £3.4 ITB.

I'd just play Myhill every week. You never know when Pulis will keep a CS. It's nearly like just captaining Aguero every week.

If Kolarov starts today, I'd go Bellerin to Kolarov or even Azpi with a 0.5. I'm not a big fan of Cazorla tbh. I'd never pick him personally.

You have a cheap mid and striker. Why? I always go with one or the other, 90% of the time it's a cheap mid.

If suggest trying to upgrade Ighalo. Can you afford Lukaku or Benteke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd just play Myhill every week. You never know when Pulis will keep a CS. It's nearly like just captaining Aguero every week.

If Kolarov starts today, I'd go Bellerin to Kolarov or even Azpi with a 0.5. I'm not a big fan of Cazorla tbh. I'd never pick him personally.

You have a cheap mid and striker. Why? I always go with one or the other, 90% of the time it's a cheap mid.

Clichy returned from injury this week. The rotation WILL start again unless he leaves.

Arsenal coverage is needed and Sanchez eats all the budget, Ozil/Rambo are the other two choices.

Cheap mid/striker was because of budget really, want to fit my required players and go from there. Surman has good nimbers from Gw1 but Albrighton/Mahrez appeal alot.

Could upgrade Igahlo, not against keeping him though, a few Twitter accounts I use are well keen on him.

Cant trust Kolarov/Clichy rotation but Azi is an option given lack of Chelsea coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

No regrets, and no half measures, glad I pressed the button :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Clichy returned from injury this week. The rotation WILL start again unless he leaves.

I got burnt badly by the Clichy rotation las year, it cost me a lot of points. Kolorov would be in my team if Clichy left but until such time Kompany is the only safe defensive option

It will start but I think it's kolorav first choice clichy 2nd choice now as opposed to the other way around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

It will start but I think it's kolorav first choice clichy 2nd choice now as opposed to the other way around.

Depends on the game. Kolorov tends to leave them a little exposed defensively so Clichy is preferred in certain games. In busy periods like Christmas its a toss of a coin and completely unpredictable as to who plays

dahat wrote: »

Cant trust Kolarov/Clichy rotation but Azi is an option given lack of Chelsea coverage.

Would be very nervous of having either Kolarov or Clichy, would go Kompany or Azpuilliceta if you can afford them.

Prob wouldn't keep Surman either, there's a couple of good options between 5 and 5.5 you could put in instead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

My thinking is I'll try to keep WC1 for early December and set my team up for the Xmas congestion.

WC2 will then be used specifically for a DGW later in the season.

I'm still not convinced all these mid price options can keep it going. Don't get me wrong, Mahrez and Payet (who reminds me alot of Martin Petrov in the way he plays) are keepers I think but the jury is out on others like Ayew.

Players like Danny Murphy used to be great at having short spurts of form like this and then dropped off never to be heard from again for the rest of the season. Antoine Sibierski did it one year at Wigan as well.

My thinking too if
    1) WC transfers are not included like last year.
    2) I don't have the urge for it in the coming weeks.
    Otherwise I may use it during the first international break.

About the mid-price options, I can tell you André Ayew is a much better player than Dimitri Payet. Granted Payet progressed a loooooot on his consistency under Bielsa last year but he had a tendency to spend months without doing anything while A. Ayew has been the central Marseille player during all his time there.
    Now, problem is all his good play may not translate as well as Payet's ones in FPL terms (e.g. A. Ayew could be the perfect assist's assister...). At least it remains to be seen.

And you didn't mention him but I'll advice again everyone to stay away from Jordan Ayew. He's a headless chicken at best and has been notorious for his bad temper in France, he 's a bit of the Balotelli of the poor if you ask me!

• Advertisement

Toby to Azi
    Igahlo to Lukaku
    Schmecheal to McCarthy
    Cazorla to Ozil

Leaves O.4 but if I can get a rise or two I could go Benteke or Lukaku.

Would be very nervous of having either Kolarov or Clichy, would go Kompany or Azpuilliceta if you can afford them.

Prob wouldn't keep Surman either, there's a couple of good options between 5 and 5.5 you could put in instead

It's either Surman or Fletcher as i am changing to 343.

zarquon wrote: »
    Depends on the game. Kolorov tends to leave them a little exposed defensively so Clichy is preferred in certain games. In busy periods like Christmas its a toss of a coin and completely unpredictable as to who plays

Yes that was always my opinion and I've never owned kolorav till now. However kolorav got a good run of games towards the end of last season coinciding with city's upturn in fortunes and the fact there is talk that clichy may be going leads me to think kolorav will get more league starts than previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

No regrets, and no half measures, glad I pressed the button :)

I see what you did there :D

halfmeasures.jpg

tumblr_m9fp7bVfJ11qk72exo1_500.gif

I'm easily pleased at times :)

I see what you did there :D

halfmeasures.jpg

tumblr_m9fp7bVfJ11qk72exo1_500.gif

I'm easily pleased at times :)

Lol, was wondering if someone would pick up on that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Wildcarded just as Sanchez got his assist. Hopefully a sign of things to come!

Couldn't risk the gap getting much bigger this early on, and needed to get Aguero and Sanchez in anyway. Now I've managed to grab Hazard as well, alongside this opening seasons wonderful starters.

It can't go wrong... Right? RIGHT?

Going to run with McCarthy/Myhill as keepers.....

Start at the top and get sorted bit by bit.

Kolarov, you are so tempting....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Wildcarded just as Sanchez got his assist. Hopefully a sign of things to come!

Couldn't risk the gap getting much bigger this early on, and needed to get Aguero and Sanchez in anyway. Now I've managed to grab Hazard as well, alongside this opening seasons wonderful starters.

It can't go wrong... Right? RIGHT?

Whats the rest of your team like out of interest?

I've Silva, Aguero, Costa, Sanchez pencilled in at the moment but the rest of the team is lacking because of it. Hazard can go in for Costa just about.

Can anyone see Januzaj or Young keeping their place long term, as there's no way I can squeeze mata/depay in come Saturday. May even go Shaw in def and Chadli MF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

SlickRic wrote: »
    Not an ounce of regret, and I thought I would.

I'm the same. 100%

My potential team line up. Comments are very much welcomed.

Courtois 5.4 Butland 4.5
    Darmian 5.6 Williams 5 Clyne 5.5 McAuley 5 Cresswell
    Sanchez 11 Payet 7.5 Mahrez 5.6 Barkley 6.5 Albrighton 5/Cabaye 6.6
    Aguero 13 Okazaki 6 Benteke 8.5/Gomis 7

I am trying to get Toure into my team as he looks sharp, and would love to have another Arsenal player in there. My team is reliant on Leicester, but they have good games coming up until crunch time in late Winter where they have a load of hard fixtures and where I might be saying goodbye to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Courtois 5.4 Butland 4.5

I am trying to get Toure into my team as he looks sharp, and would love to have another Arsenal player in there. My team is reliant on Leicester, but they have good games coming up until crunch time in late Winter where they have a load of hard fixtures and where I might be saying goodbye to them.

I would downgrade a defender to a 4.x that would free up some funds and reduce how much you leave on the bench each week. Would Gomis & a 4.5 defender for Cresswell be enough to upgrade Barkley to YYT? Or maybe throw in Deeney instead of Okazaki gives you another .5 to play with.

jimmii wrote: »
    I would downgrade a defender to a 4.x that would free up some funds would Gomis & a 4.5 defender for Cresswell be enough to upgrade Barkley to YYT? Or maybe throw in Deeney instead of Okazaki gives you another .5 to play with.

That's a good point. It is a bit unnecessary to have five defenders at a relatively high price. I might look at a defender that starts regularly and use him when he's playing against Sunderland. I did a draft on the site and was close enough to Toure, but would be reluctant to get rid of Barkley, and pick Yaya over Albrighton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

No regrets, and no half measures, glad I pressed the button

No regrets from me either.
    Glad I pushed the button yesterday to get a few price rises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Courtois 5.4 Butland 4.5

If you're going to play Courtois every week there's no point having 4.5 in Butland. McCarthy at 4.0 best sub keeper option at moment) If you want Stoke cover I think theres some DEFs at 4.5?

As said there's a lot of money in defence there, I'd go for City or Arsenal cover over Clyne then maybe rotate your remaining defenders.

Coould give you

Chelsea (GK),
    United, City/Arsenal, AN Other every week.

I wouldn't go with 3 Leicester attackers unless Albrighton is your 5th MF.

I'd say you need a Chelsea Attacker over Toure (As you have Aguero already) if you have any funds left.

Man City treble up I think.

• Advertisement

shineon23 wrote: »
    If you're going to play Courtois every week there's no point having 4.5 in Butland. McCarthy at 4.0 best sub keeper option at moment) If you want Stoke cover I think theres some DEFs at 4.5?

As said there's a lot of money in defence there, I'd go for City or Arsenal cover over Clyne then maybe rotate your remaining defenders.

Coould give you

Chelsea (GK),
    United, City/Arsenal, AN Other every week.

I wouldn't go with 3 Leicester attackers unless Albrighton is your 5th MF.

I'd say you need a Chelsea Attacker over Toure (As you have Aguero already) if you have any funds left.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I have Cech originally in goals, and thought I'd get Courtois with his drop in price. I understand that there's no need for another first team keeper, but I have to look at worse case scenario like what happened in GW1.

I could actually take out Clyne and get a cheap Stoke defender. I feel like I really want to keep the rest of them tbh.

As for Chelsea attackers, I agree I should probably have some cover. But I can't see any attackers this season that will bag a valuable amount of points. I was thinking about Willian before but he'll be subbed off every game most likely. Costa is a bit of a nutcase as seen just in their free kick there. I also don't feel he'll do as well as last season.

That's one thing I'm worried about, the amount of Leicester attackers I may potentially have. It will be joy every time they score, however, as I'll always bag something!

Currently sitting on 41 points in total. Most shocking start ever.

Wildcard team I'm looking at:

Myhill/ McCarthy
    Kompany Darmian Gomez Martin Soare
    Albrighton Sanchez Mahrez Hazard Redmond
    Giroud Kone Aguero

Myhill - has to be done, McCarthy best cheapest substitute at 4.0
    Kompany/Darmian/Gomez will be my usual back 3 with the others as subs
    All the mids will play. Worried about 2 Leicester players. Would like to swap out Albrighton, but can't see anyone better @5.1m

Giroud and Aguero will play each week. Giroud is a very streaky player, so the goal today should mean he goes on a run. Kone, good substitute forward at 5.1

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭skippy15

Wc team done.
    Aguero c every week
    14 others. Sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,338 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Let the Chelsea exodus begin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

shineon23 wrote: »
    Whats the rest of your team like out of interest?

I've Silva, Aguero, Costa, Sanchez pencilled in at the moment but the rest of the team is lacking because of it. Hazard can go in for Costa just about.

Can anyone see Januzaj or Young keeping their place long term, as there's no way I can squeeze mata/depay in come Saturday. May even go Shaw in def and Chadli MF

358737.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Would be interesting to know if wildcards affect transfers. Could try to organise it so we'd get double rises in players we weren't keeping past this week

Silva-Sanchez- Aguero combo has been landed. Looks strong as well.

McCarthy/Myhill
    Bellrin,Darmian,Kolarov,4.5,4.0
    Payet,Silva,Sanchez,Mahrez,4.5
    Gomis,Aguero,Sakho

West Ham double up for 1 GW only, left with £7.8 to replace Sakho then.

Opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

That image could do with being chopped down just a little!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

So after today's games am looking at Aguero to net 2 rises this week....who else might just make the +0.2 do people reckon?....Yaya Yaya a possibility?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

So after today's games am looking at Aguero to net 2 rises this week....who else might just make the +0.2 do people reckon?....Yaya Yaya a possibility?

Yaya
    Payet
    Kompany
    and possibly Mahrez

Advertisement