Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards FF Pay League 2015-16

Options
  • 10-07-2015 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks

League is back but I'm running it this year so hopefully I do as good a job as mrwillbeback.

Same rules as last year, €20.39 per entry (AIB charge me €0.39 for each incoming bank transfer), pot divided amongst top 5 overall, monthly prize for highest score and top weekly score of the season.

I don't have a Paypal so bank transfer is the only option of payment. I hope that won't put people off.

If interested please PM for league and payment details. I would ask that you include the following with your pm:

Boards Name:
    Team id:

Last year the pot was €1800 so there's money there to be made.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Good start ! Clear and concise, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Could you not set up PayPal? Pretty easy to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I don't have a Euro bank account so not sure how to bank transfer from my Barclays GBP one. Alternatively, I can PayPal another forum member €20 to pass along to you Lemlin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Good start ! Clear and concise, well done.

Would you have received many paypal payments in previous years? I'm worried the lack of paypal may reduce the pot significantly this year.

@ Lemlin, many thanks for being willing to run the league this year however the lack of paypal could be a PITA for some, especially like ziegler who is not in the sepa zone and would probably have to fork over €10+ just to do an international transfer.

Then there are those not setup for online backing or not able to use it properly who probably don't want the hassle of heading down to a bank. Hopefully this is a minimal grouping though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

If you get PayPal set up I'm in, don't have online banking I'm afraid

Edit: setting up after lunch so I'm in

• Advertisement

I don't have a Euro bank account so not sure how to bank transfer from my Barclays GBP one. Alternatively, I can PayPal another forum member €20 to pass along to you Lemlin

If you need someone to PayPal the money to to pass on to lemlin I can oblige :-)
    finnharpsboy

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lads, can you please ensure when sending me the €20.39, that you put your Boards username and real name in the description. I've asked people to do that but someone has already sent me the money and just put "BOARDS PAY LEAGUE".

I've no idea who that money is from.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You can send me £ and I will send on € on your behalf if you like. That way it only costs us half the fee each too!

zarquon wrote: »
    Would you have received many paypal payments in previous years? I'm worried the lack of paypal may reduce the pot significantly this year.

@ Lemlin, many thanks for being willing to run the league this year however the lack of paypal could be a PITA for some, especially like ziegler who is not in the sepa zone and would probably have to fork over €10+ just to do an international transfer.

Then there are those not setup for online backing or not able to use it properly who probably don't want the hassle of heading down to a bank. Hopefully this is a minimal grouping though

If there is a big enough push for Paypal, I can set one up. I was trying to avoid same though as I don't use it. I do have a Skillrx account. Is that any use to these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,940 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »
    Lads, can you please ensure when sending me the €20.39, that you put your Boards username and real name in the description. I've asked people to do that but someone has already sent me the money and just put "BOARDS PAY LEAGUE".

That was from me...ahem...ahem...yeah that'll do. Nah I'll send you on the money tonight for sure.

• Advertisement

If there is a big enough push for Paypal, I can set one up. I was trying to avoid same though as I don't use it. I do have a Skillrx account. Is that any use to these people?

I've only heard of Skrillex :D. PayPal is easiest but I'm fine with sending it indirectly and then receiving the 9 or 10 MOM, highest GW, and 1st place winnings as a bank transfer ;).

welcome to my world ;)

10 entrants already so prize fund of €200.00 and only posted 8 hours.

Spock
    Boots234
    Hackers
    Stephenl15
    FHFC
    CSF
    Jimmii
    Alchemist33
    Ziegler1988
    Patmac

Spock, Ziegler and Jimmii I have received payments from. The others might take a few days - looks like those lads were AIB as well so the transfer was instanteous.

I think I have given most of ye the league code but pm me if I haven't. I now have a set template done to reply to people when they email.

Feel free to continue pming over the weekend but I probably won't reply until Monday as I am keeping a spreadsheet on my work PC. Its the handiest place to keep it.

I've only heard of Skrillex :D. PayPal is easiest but I'm fine with sending it indirectly and then receiving the 9 or 10 MOM, highest GW, and 1st place winnings as a bank transfer ;).

Bank draft and snail mail will be used there I think.

10 entrants already so prize fund of €200.00 and only posted 8 hours.

Spock
    Boots234
    Hackers
    Stephenl15
    FHFC
    CSF
    Jimmii
    Alchemist33
    Ziegler1988
    Patmac

Spock, Ziegler and Jimmii I have received payments from. The others might take a few days - looks like those lads were AIB as well so the transfer was instanteous.

I think I have given most of ye the league code but pm me if I haven't. I now have a set template done to reply to people when they email.

Feel free to continue pming over the weekend but I probably won't reply until Monday as I am keeping a spreadsheet on my work PC. Its the handiest place to keep it.

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 39,507 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hi folks

League is back but I'm running it this year so hopefully I do as good a job as mrwillbeback.

Same rules as last year, €20.39 per entry (AIB charge me €0.39 for each incoming bank transfer), pot divided amongst top 5 overall, monthly prize for highest score and top weekly score of the season.

I don't have a Paypal so bank transfer is the only option of payment. I hope that won't put people off.

If interested please PM for league and payment details. I would ask that you include the following with your pm:

Boards Name:
    Team id:

Last year the pot was €1800 so there's money there to be made.

In and PM sent.

A few suggestions re the prizepool and payouts.

- Personally I would only pay the top 5 if 45 or more enter, otherwise just pay the top 10%. Hopefully that wont be an issue
    - I'm not a fan of monthly prize or top weekly score of the season, would rather have them removed. If not though can I suggest a nominal amount (ie €20, cost of entry) and keep as much of the prizepool for the league winners
    - If paying top 5, then from whats remaining of the prizepool I'd go 50% 1st, 25% 2nd, 12% 3rd, 8% 4th, 5% 5th

Thanks for running.

I think the monthly and highest GW prizes are good to keep people involved until the end. Maybe knock them back a bit like Kev suggested or switch to quarterly prizes since it's not totally fair that a 3 GW month like September pays out the same as a 6 GW December or a month with DGWs
    KevIRL wrote: »
    In and PM sent.

A few suggestions re the prizepool and payouts.

- Personally I would only pay the top 5 if 45 or more enter, otherwise just pay the top 10%. Hopefully that wont be an issue

I believe top 5 were payed out last season with 75 entries or so. I'd only bump it past top 5 if more than 100 people entered

• Registered Users Posts: 39,507 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I believe top 5 were payed out last season with 75 entries or so. I'd only bump it past top 5 if more than 100 people entered

The pay top 10% I referenced was only if there was less than 45. Anything over that then just pay the top 5 imo.

I think we'll look at payouts by popular consensus when we know what the actual prize pot is.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

PM sent

Fan of monthly prizes, keeps those not in the running overall interested all season plus if you're up top chances are you'll win a month or 2 as well as finish in the money positions .

• Advertisement

17 people have pmed re joining so far:

Spock
    Boots234
    Hackers
    Stephenl15
    FHFC
    CSF
    Jimmii
    Alchemist33
    Ziegler1988
    Patmac
    internet_user
    KevIRL
    FinnHarpsBoy
    TaytoCrisps
    The inciredible pudding
    Maximo31
    KellerBear

I have received payment (and I say received because payment may still be locked from others somewhere in the matrix en route to me)

Spock
    Hackers
    FHFC
    CSF
    Jimmii
    Ziegler1988

I'll be in Lemlin, will pm you for details when I'm sending the money.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I will definitely be in also Lemlin. I'm also gonna join the Finn Harps league that is discussed so often here and maybe one other.
    I'll do all my bank transfers together so it'll be a few more weeks.

Payment received from seven more people today:

Boots234
    Stephenl15
    Alchemist33
    FinnHarpsBoy
    TaytoCrisps
    BikeRacer
    OneColdHand

Prize pot now at €260 with 13 people paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Count me in. Sent you a PM

16 people have now paid:

Boots234
    Stephenl15
    Alchemist33
    FinnHarpsBoy
    TaytoCrisps
    BikeRacer
    OneColdHand
    Spock
    Hackers
    FHFC
    CSF
    Jimmii
    Ziegler1988
    KevIRL
    Maximo31
    The incredible pudding

Prize fund is now €320 guaranteed.

A further seven have pmed re joining.

Get your entries in quick folks. Entries may be limited!

19 people have now paid. Prize fund of €380.

Boots234
    Stephenl15
    Alchemist33
    FinnHarpsBoy
    TaytoCrisps
    BikeRacer
    OneColdHand
    Spock
    Hackers
    FHFC
    CSF
    Jimmii
    Ziegler1988
    KevIRL
    Maximo31
    The incredible pudding
    Cdev
    Markx
    internet_user

I'd get pming now folks. There's a rumour doing the rounds that if you sign up by the 31st of July, you get put into the draw for the lifetime opportunity of a fishing trip in Cavan!

Boots234
    Stephenl15
    Alchemist33
    FinnHarpsBoy
    TaytoCrisps
    BikeRacer
    OneColdHand
    Spock
    Hackers
    FHFC
    CSF
    Jimmii
    Ziegler1988
    KevIRL
    Maximo31
    The incredible pudding
    Cdev
    Markx
    internet_user
    Dearg81

20 people now paid up so prize fund at €400.

23 people now paid so €460 prize fund.

Boots234
    Stephenl15
    Alchemist33
    FinnHarpsBoy
    TaytoCrisps
    BikeRacer
    OneColdHand
    Spock
    Hackers
    FHFC
    CSF
    Jimmii
    Ziegler1988
    KevIRL
    Maximo31
    The incredible pudding
    Cdev
    Markx
    internet_user
    Dearg81
    Menoscemo
    Mrwillbeback
    Remoteboy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

FFS lads we need to get some er "fillers" in there to pad up the pool a bit! Top 10k is going to be mid-table the way that league is looking right now! Surely people have some friends who lose interest to by December they can get in!!

Advertisement