Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

Hi all

Long time lurker and strongly considering on joining POF again, I'm currently on OKC but the numbers on it are tiny and I have messaged those I am interested but had no response back which is disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Boardsies are everywhere :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Pembily wrote: »

Really? I'm seeing less of'em about since I re-joined a few sites start of last week.

Have only spotted 3.

Really? I'm seeing less of'em about since I re-joined a few sites start of last week.

Have only spotted 3.
    I'm being found by a good few!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Chatting to a guy today, mentioned he was lovely and it was nice to talk to a normal sane person for once on these sites, and he came out with this gem:
    Yea I no yea most of the people are from the north side

Seems to be quite serious too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Lil'miss popular wha? ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    My first day was a success- turns out loads more people like bigger girls than I assumed. I should be jumping for joy but instead I am worried.

I got the obvious looneys with kinky emails but it's the normal sounding ones that have me apprehensive. Most list keeping fit as their hobbies-why would they want to be with me? I am allergic to exercise. But that's the least of my worries.

My profile pic is from the neck down and many of the guys seemed more interested in the fact that I was african than anything else, and there we have it, I am worried about being anyone's token black date.

This one guy kept on repeating how he likes africans and when I asked him what he finds attractive in a partner, he said dark skin. Really?! Earlier in the conversation, he was a lot nicer so I had agreed to go on a date with him today and now I am really apprehensive. Should I give him a chance or should I just cancel?

I would cancel. I only had one bad internet dating date. i wanted to cancel by felt it would be rude. Sorry I went through with it. Just a waste of time for me (and him).

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Today I was in work and got chatting to a customer who comes in regularly. I complimented her on some of the rings she was wearing to which she tells me that one of them is an engagement ring. She was proposed to on christmas day by 'the guy she met online 3 months ago' :eek: This woman is in her 50s and lets just say shes a bit 'eccentric' but 3 months!! Thankfully she said she'd take it as a promise ring or something like that and see how it goes but jaysus that man moved fast :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Chatting to a guy today, mentioned he was lovely and it was nice to talk to a normal sane person for once on these sites, and he came out with this gem:

Seems to be quite serious too!

:eek: Two guys have said that to me before and one of them was from Clare.... I was just thinking your not even from Dublin to even say something so stupid!

Lil'miss popular wha? ;P
    Haha no!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭phoenix833

Haha no!

I was just looking at somebodys profile on POF who had a location similar to your own on boards....hmmmm I wonder??;)

I've recognized only one boardsie on a dating site and that was Larianne. Don't know if any others have recognized me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Not long in from date with hot girl.

Turns out she is even prettier in person,and better company than her message belies.

Date #2 has been organised.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Bit baffled how people are able to recognise people who post on here on dating sites when noone here has a photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Bit baffled how people are able to recognise people who post on here on dating sites when noone here has a photo.

Lots have recognised me, it's from pictures that we've posted in know your loungers etc .(took me a while to cop onto that!) I have yet to spot somepne!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭LaurzH27

Had been chatting to a guy everyday for about two weeks. He adds me on Facebook and I mean within 5 mins sends me a message saying that ' I'm a nice girl but things wouldn't work out with us'

I reply to this saying that's kinda random. We hadn't met at all. He says sorry and deletes me as a friend!!!

Don't know if any others have recognized me?
    I did!

Phoenix it could be! I've met a few Boardsies and people often use the same pic on boards as they do on dating sites...

Nice one Otis.

Laurz he could have recognised friends? Don't take it to heart...

Don't know if any others have recognized me?
    I did!

Phoenix it could be! I've met a few Boardsies and people often use the same pic on boards as they do on dating sites...

Nice one Otis.

Really?? Ara you should've sent me a message! Ho-hum :-P

Yup dame pic as TLL :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

LaurzH27 wrote: »
    Had been chatting to a guy everyday for about two weeks. He adds me on Facebook and I mean within 5 mins sends me a message saying that ' I'm a nice girl but things wouldn't work out with us'

I reply to this saying that's kinda random. We hadn't met at all. He says sorry and deletes me as a friend!!!

Better off without, he's just shallow.

• Advertisement

theres only one guy messaging me, he seems to be online ALOT! But I cant even read his messages without getting a headache...txt spk @ 27.

Seriously?

booboo88 wrote: »
    theres only one guy messaging me, he seems to be online ALOT! But I cant even read his messages without getting a headache...txt spk @ 27.

Seriously?
    Srsly bbz :pac:

I won't reply to emails in text speak. I don't use text speak in texts let alone emails...

Seriously?

I won't reply to emails in text speak. I don't use text speak in texts let alone emails...

Same here. I actually ask people on my profile not to use text speak. What's amazing is that I do get people who make the effort not to when they read it

I know, now Im not a total tighty whitey I dont mind the ocasional shortening, but wn de hle sntce goz lk dis, me no able to read it ?:(

I know, now Im not a total tighty whitey I dont mind the ocasional shortening, but wn de hle sntce goz lk dis, me no able to read it ?:(

Eh? I actually couldn't understand what you just said.

Exactly my point :(

It takes a hell of a lot of concentration! Don't feel bad, if it annoys you, it annoys you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Have only spotted 3.

Oh I may have been lurking on your profile the other day ... Hey there good lookin'! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭I_am_LOST

How do you guys spot each other?! :confused: :pac:

• Advertisement

There are threads in the Ladies Lounge, Gentlemen's Club and Cool, Vids & Pics where users would post images of themselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement