Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

David K wrote:
    u Cavan hussy :p

dave k from sides and the asylum,wats the story........hows the drimnagh possy and rasher burns?

Are you still doing gigs or wat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭oldstock

yitzhak wrote:
    oldstock wrote:

Would this be Aeo, by any chance? :eek:
    it wouldnt but was it, lets say he who got injured in that shooting the last night of the asylum? were you there paul? does anybody remember that night ! that was some come down paul..:mad: we were on mad basta**ds at the time and i can tell ya they were f**king mad....and that was the end of the asylum.. ahh byethe way aeo was a good dj he used tobe part of that duo kavoo 2 who used to play in the early stages ofthe ASYLUM..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

oldstock wrote:
    we were on mad basta**ds at the time and i can tell ya they were f**king mad....
    I've never ever heard a drug more aptly named in all my life!!! :eek:

They were quite simply....MAD BASTARDS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jaycee-W-offdjs

Allrite folks dis is my first post , read da whole thread bout da asylum n it moved mise !!! SOUNDED FOOKIN EXCELLENT !!!

Anyway for da ppl lookin 4 superman and are unfortunate not 2 have it on vinyl i ripped it on mp3 for yis !!!!! here ya go ..............

Superman - Click Here

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Sorry to burst your bubble but the only and best club in Dublin was only the Shaft,The system: club yeah full of scum, if you never tried the shaft hard luck, one of the best....and missed but lives on in house partys:v:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

texas star wrote:
    Sorry to burst your bubble but the only and best club in Dublin was only the Shaft,The system: club yeah full of scum, if you never tried the shaft hard luck, one of the best....and missed but lives on in house partys:v:

SHAFT !!!!!!!! if your into that sort of thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭smokes

texas star wrote:

im sure shaft was good but it wasnt the best if it was there would be a lot more people talkin about it

texas star wrote:
    heard there used tobe some lovely blokes down there all right:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭anto_obrien

http://www.freewebs.com/anthonyobrien/Media/Wmv/My_tracks.doc

Ahh The Asylum.... I remember it, but never got the chance to go, I did manage to get a few tracks that got played in the place... you's prob have a lot of them... And anything from Ed-Case.. Amazing stuff, I think what made the place "glow" was the fact that Dance music was "UNDERGROUND" at the time, and it was just parting the curtains, and now there wide open to anyone and everyone to see in...and people in the place where true underground dance music lovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I think what made the place "glow" was the fact that Dance music was "UNDERGROUND" at the time, and it was just parting the curtains, and now there wide open to anyone and everyone to see in...and people in the place where true underground dance music lovers.

spot on indeed.:)

• Advertisement

oldstock wrote:
    heard there used tobe some lovely blokes down there all right:rolleyes:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

senan s wrote:
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    i was being very sarcastic mate ! shaft wasnt my thing..:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭anto_obrien

jonny68 wrote:
    spot on indeed.:)

Cheer's (",)

oldstock wrote:
    i was being very sarcastic mate ! shaft wasnt my thing..:cool:

I know, i was trying not to say too much myself :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

senan s wrote:
    I know, i was trying not to say too much myself :D:D:D

I used to know the "resident dealer" in Shaft so used to go occasionaly for a freebie :D Paddy Sheridan used to be resident dj,i never got bothered by any ginger beers in there they kept themselves to themselves,it was a good club with good music but i was a Sides regular and that's where i mostly went ;)

heard club friction in slatterys was a great night gonna head in on sat for the classics night to try and re live past glories,anyone with me:)

hearing good things about club friction at slatterys ill be there on saturday,defo.......

smokes wrote:
    heard club friction in slatterys was a great night gonna head in on sat for the classics night to try and re live past glories,anyone with me:)

i think i might head down myself!!! LOL :p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 smac

how did the gig with DJ Kevin Clarke (Pa'S) go???

havent seen him ages

used to hear him play up in Pa'S all the time and decko

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ASYLUMCREW

HOWAYAS LADS WATS DA CRAIC HERE CAN ANY YAS TELL ME THE NAME SUM CLASSIC OLDIES I 4GET MOST OF EM IF SUM1 COULD PUT UP A LIST IF APPRECIATE IT WANNA TRY DOWNLOAD SUM THE CHOONS FROM BACK IN THE DAY I GOT A HOLD OF JOE INFERNO TRIBUAL CHURCH OTHER DAY CLASSIC THA :cool:

• Advertisement

Even A Good Site B Nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

ASYLUMCREW wrote:
    Even A Good Site B Nice

http://www.nioldskool.co.uk/forums/index.php?

go there & register loads of classics, u'll ave to put sum tracks up urself tho

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

Anyone know the name of the tune out around the time...I think it was called Betty Blue or something like that?

tdv wrote:
    http://www.nioldskool.co.uk/forums/index.php?

go there & register loads of classics, u'll ave to put sum tracks up urself tho
    CHEERS MATE ILL CHECK IT OUT WHEN I GET HOME

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

the asylum was class alright

i djed on top floor for a good while
    and it was mental...

times never ta be had again in this country.

Anyone know the name of the tune out around the time...I think it was called Betty Blue or something like that?

jon the pleased wimmin "betty blue"

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

nice one senan, didn't realise Jon :o pleased did that tune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Any chance of a repost of that Superman tune? I'm curious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dizzyd

any chance of posting d names of a few good tracks from the asylum era?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

dizzyd wrote:
    any chance of posting d names of a few good tracks from the asylum era?

join www.nioldskool.co.uk and you will get both the names and the tunes :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement