Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quad core android box 2gb ram

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Am i right in saying this has a better spec than the ouya?

Not better spec than Ouya

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Not better spec than Ouya

In what way?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭mada999

made a purchase damn you bargain alerts... have 3 nowtv's running plex but this is needed lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

mcw92 wrote: »
    Ok so i got this box today, and am messing around with it.
    I haven't figured out how to access the notification center, any figure it out?

EDIT

Never mind a restart fixed this.

So thought id give a quick update on it.

Box starts up quick, the remote can only power it on when its in standby mode but can power it down either fully or to standby.
    To fully power down there is a button on the box.
    Its running android 4.4.2, which i was pleased with as it stated online it was running 4.2.2.
    It also comes rooted.
    It boots to the android home screen, which can take about 10 mins to get used to navigating via a remote.
    XBMC did not come installed, but it was no problem downloading and installing myself.
    Installed a few add ons on XBMC, messed with a few different skins(found a few slowed it down), loaded up my own videos from a USB powered HD, all played perfectly that i tried, all metadata loaded perfectly.No slow down when browsing the files.

A sports stream played without issue, haven't tried any tv or movie streams yet.

The box really is tiny! I was not expecting it to be so small. Also its a smaller HDMI, mini I think, on the box port. The cable comes with it anyways so no need to worry.

I paid around €46 for it delivered, and it took just over 2 weeks i believe, so quite happy with it for the price.

Where did you find it for €46?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭edgecutter

bidiots wrote: »

I am sure you can pick it up on ebay uk for that price. I managed to get one for 35 sterling which is around 44 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭mcw92

bidiots wrote: »

eBay. Came from china.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

there's a UK seller on eBay gas them for 56 including delivery

they seem to state 30 says return policy??

is it better to get these direct from amazon for warranty purposes as they are quite liable to pack up after 6 months ime?

do amazon themselves even sell these?

there's a UK seller on eBay gas them for 56 including delivery

they seem to state 30 says return policy??

is it better to get these direct from amazon for warranty purposes as they are quite liable to pack up after 6 months ime?

do amazon themselves even sell these?

From what I could see its all sellers on Amazon that sell them. Prob the same sellers as eBay too tbh.

From what I could see its all sellers on Amazon that sell them. Prob the same sellers as eBay too tbh.

thanks I have an amazon account but I find the site very confusing with resellers and prime and delivery etc

I may go with futeko.com for peace of mind and warranty

no point spending 50 on eBay if it packs up and they won't take it back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Took the plunge myself, ordered with amazon, we'll at least it fulfilled by amazon, hope that means 12 month warranty

• Advertisement

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Took the plunge myself, ordered with amazon, we'll at least it fulfilled by amazon, hope that means 12 month warranty

link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Wish I had seen that £42.85 Euromart link, sent from the UK.
    Oh well guess ill have to wait for the chinese delivery.

Is the airmouse with these?

I tried the euromart link it I got an error message saying it can't deliver to my location?

do they deliver to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

I tried the euromart link it I got an error message saying it can't deliver to my location?

do they deliver to Ireland?

Use parcel motel.

Invincible wrote: »
    Use parcel motel.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

Got one of these on Friday. Does anyone know how to get XBMC to 1080p? Mine is stuck at 1280 x 720, even though the box resolution is set 1080p.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Can anyone confirm this is the same item on ebay? I can't buy it on amazon as I don't use parcel motel and don't want to buy it from China.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Mini-PC-Smart-TV-BOX-Media-Player-2GB-8GB-Quad-Core-Android-4-2-RK3188-EU-Plug-/141343872058?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Internet_TV_Media_Streamers&hash=item20e8c0543a

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Kolido wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm this is the same item on ebay? I can't buy it on amazon as I don't use parcel motel and don't want to buy it from China.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Mini-PC-Smart-TV-BOX-Media-Player-2GB-8GB-Quad-Core-Android-4-2-RK3188-EU-Plug-/141343872058?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Internet_TV_Media_Streamers&hash=item20e8c0543a

It looks to be the same box and remote although my packaging was slightly different. The listed specs are the same as the amazon one.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

i think that seller might be shipping from hong kong as thats where he is based.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

So now that people have had a chance to use these for a while, what's the verdict?

Will all of the usual android apps work fine on it? I'm thinking 4od, rte player, BBC iPlayer, film on, Netflix, the apps that can't be named!?

Can the cyberghost (or other VPN) app be used on it?

Has anyone got acestream working on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I bought from these guys on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Generic-1080P-Android-Bluetooth-Factory/dp/B00GYRDZGE/ref=sr_1_6?m=A20CFZ45Y3D874&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1408614836&sr=1-6
    A little bit more expensive but free delivery to Ireland and ships from Amazon themselves. Arrived in about four days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I bought from these guys on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Generic-1080P-Android-Bluetooth-Factory/dp/B00GYRDZGE/ref=sr_1_6?m=A20CFZ45Y3D874&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1408614836&sr=1-6
    A little bit more expensive but free delivery to Ireland and ships from Amazon themselves. Arrived in about four days

Does anyone know of this one is any good?

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/131253767622?nav=SEARCH

padair wrote: »

One the best ones there according to forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Mine only came with 1G of RAM so watch out that everything is in order.

djmarkus wrote: »
    Mine only came with 1G of RAM so watch out that everything is in order.

Where did you order from?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

padair wrote: »

there's no air mouse with that one. Make sure you get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Whats so great about the air mouse compared to the standard one?
    dodzy wrote: »
    there's no air mouse with that one. Make sure you get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Slipshaney wrote: »
    Whats so great about the air mouse compared to the standard one?
    I'm ordering a set today. All indications and reviews are that the stock controller is sh1te and the air mouse is a far superior controller. Having used crap controllers in the past, it is a worthwhile investment to get a good unit from the outset. Google will throw up plenty on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Thanks Dodzy - let us know how you get on and from where you purchase
    I'm ordering a set today. All indications and reviews are that the stock controller is sh1te and the air mouse is a far superior controller. Having used crap controllers in the past, it is a worthwhile investment to get a good unit from the outset. Google will throw up plenty on the subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

Yes the stock controller is actually pitiful.tho a normal mouse/wire less mouse works great with it.

Advertisement