Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any NaNoWriMo participants this year?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

Das Kitty wrote: »
    My current concern is what happens after November

What usually happens after November is December but you could put it on hold.
    Leave your calendar at November and continue the same routine for another week or two until you get there.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

echo beach wrote: »
    What usually happens after November is December but you could put it on hold.
    Leave your calendar at November and continue the same routine for another week or two until you get there.

I could, but I can't afford a divorce!

:)

Last day!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Arlecchina

Yeah, so, I'm a giant failboat. Thanks to general life mania, I managed to write two-and-a-half short stories for a total of 11,000 words.

Good luck to everyone still writing today! Go, go, go! *waves pom-poms*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

It's just as well I didn't give this a real go as my computer went tits up. I would have been raging.

• Advertisement

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/5027/230930.jpeg

It's going to take me another month to get over the fact that I followed through on something.

That's 3/3 of my goals for 2012 fulfilled. What have I become?!

It's going to take me another month to get over the fact that I followed through on something.

What were the other two? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Yayyyy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

You have become a person who achieves their goals, rather than a person who thinks up excuses why they can't. Well done. An inspiration to us all.

[-0-] wrote: »
    What were the other two? :)

Get to a healthy weight and stay there.
    Do well enough in my new job that they'll want to keep me on (even if they can't) -- they could, incidentally, and I've been given a new project to manage on my own.

• Advertisement

Get to a healthy weight and stay there.
    Do well enough in my new job that they'll want to keep me on (even if they can't) -- they could, incidentally, and I've been given a new project to manage on my own.

Fantastic. Congrats! I lost 40 lbs 2 years ago, I've put back on 17 lbs in the last year. Not happy! 2013 goal is to lose 20 lbs. Living in America makes losing weight so difficult haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I made my myself a deal at the start of the month that my word count would be evaluated by taking the average of the two projects I worked on and giving a double weighting to the non-fiction one. In other words how ever many words I'd written for the non fiction I'd divide that number by two before adding it to the fiction word count and then I'd take the average to get my total word count which finished up at 31,721. I'm chuffed with that. :D The non fiction one is something I've been constantly nagging myself to consider writing with over a year now and just kept putting it off. So in that regard Nanowrimo was the launch pad or excuse to finally get that thing started. Hence the harsher goal. I can't stop now either, it's December but I spent most of the weekend sans stable internet working on it. I didn't even know I had this in me! It's almost a self discovery of sorts! !:o

Writing the work of fiction was so much fun. I don't even know what it is any more, describing it as a plane or bird would probably be just as accurate as classing it as a "novel". I was giggling to myself at times writing the most ridiculous stuff to fill the word count. I know some wrimos probably take the novel side of things seriously but I strongly suggest that everyone tries it and writes whatever crap they like it's ridiculous fun to just let yourself go, so to speak.:o Even if it's only to see what techniques you come up with to inflate your word count.

Advertisement