Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.410 slugs

Options
  • 26-08-2014 9:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

I was chatting to my local fella and he said he can get in slugs for my 410 but they are classed as restricted, so can i have them or not ? He seemed to think i could but why are they restriced then ? Also anyone have experience with 410 slugs ? Whats the story with chokes ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXHUNTER1

All slugs are restricted and therefore you cannot have them unless you have a restricted licence.
    He also cannot sell them unless he has a restricted dealers licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,956 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Any slug can be fired thru a choke,up to FULL no problem.Its a question on the German hunting exam that I flunked years ago,so its burned in my mind since.:o
    [Dunno about the extra tigh tfull "turkey chokes"but they werent around then so...Cevat emptor]

410 slugs have a good punch out at about 15 meters[supposedly in about the 44 magnum side of things] and drop off pretty quickly after that.
    They could be useful for foxing at close range,but are out past the 40 meter mark losing power very quickly,whereas their big brother in 12 ga is still powering along out to 100 meters.As such like the 410 shell with three 00 buck shot pellets they are close range at best gimmicky at worst.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭jaysblades

Tthanks lads, this guy said he could get them in and i could have them. So i dunno.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Whatever about his license status, you cannot possess, or use them, if you do not have a restricted license.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭jaysblades

Ok, thanks man.

• Advertisement
Advertisement