Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awkward Super

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭gunny558

For what its worth. I met the Super and we had a good long chat and came to an agreement. He's going to give me the rifle but as its "an advanced tactical application precision sniper rifle" (I kid you not) hes going to want tighter security then normal for house and car. So he has to make a few phone calls first and get back to me with the exact requirments. Fingers crossed he'll let off with the car as he mentioned having to get a steel box welded into the boot which is a major pain in the ass since I tend to swap cars every couple of months. See how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

OK so now can you tell us the make and model of the rifle?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

That sounds like a workable solution gunny558. Not too bad a result in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

FWIW
    This might be a deal clincher.Suggest you will put in lieu of a steel box in the car a covert vechicle tracking device.They arent that expensive anymore [about 50/100 quid on ebay] work on GPS,GPRS,SMS,and the ultimate kicker is ,you can shut off the engine of your car by sMS commands if they re rigged into your cars ignition!!
    You can locate your car or object with one of these by google maps down to within 5 meters off your Iphone,computor and/or tablet. What could a copper ask for more to make life easier?A trackable vechicle that can be immobilised by the owner?
    I've tested these out on my own car and these units do really work well.
    Worth a try....

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    FWIW
    This might be a deal clincher.Suggest you will put in lieu of a steel box in the car a covert vechicle tracking device.They arent that expensive anymore [about 50/100 quid on ebay] work on GPS,GPRS,SMS,and the ultimate kicker is ,you can shut off the engine of your car by sMS commands if they re rigged into your cars ignition!!
    You can locate your car or object with one of these by google maps down to within 5 meters off your Iphone,computor and/or tablet. What could a copper ask for more to make life easier?A trackable vechicle that can be immobilised by the owner?
    I've tested these out on my own car and these units do really work well.
    Worth a try....

They don't work if the gun is stolen from the car though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭oldtart

BattleCorp wrote: »

You need a tracking device on the gun/rifle then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

That's only going to happen two ways: While you're at the car or while you're not at the car.

You leave an unattended gun for a period of time in an unattended car, someone breaks into the car and steals it.

Secondly while in or near the car you are threatened with violence if you do not give over possession of the gun.

I think we can all agree which one of those makes the license holder look irresponsible. If anything a steel box in a car is a bad idea because it might give the impression that a car is a secure place to store firearms.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭oldtart

Jonty wrote: »

It's a Russian bolt action rifle, Mosin Nagant, that's my guess anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Eo1n8wrd

oldtart wrote: »
    It's a Russian bolt action rifle, Mosin Nagant, that's my guess anyways.

I think it's one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIU1eJk-P5A

But he would have to be driving a hearse to fit a steel box big enough in his car!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Whats more likely to happen is the entire lot is stolen.IE car,gun and ammo etc.:p
    There it might be handy.
    If you are a smart bear you will have removed and kept on your person a vital component that makes the gun inoperative too right?? Not much good to anyone bar as a high tech club if the bolt is not in it,or the trigger group or slide and barrel if it is a pistol.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Jayzesake

Jonty wrote: »

It's nearly getting to the stage that knowing these details would take the fun out of this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Jayzesake

Jayzesake wrote: »
    It's nearly getting to the stage that knowing these details would take the fun out of this thread!

'Nearly' perhaps being the operative word there.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

Jayzesake wrote: »
    'Nearly' perhaps being the operative word there.

Agnes <snip> bored now !!!!!!!

Advertisement