Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC One [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

allen175 wrote: »
    The only bad thing about the vodafone offer is the length of the contract(but that is becoming the norm) and only having 500mb of data, the One will easily rip through that allowance.

500MB probably are still enough for folks in these days, but it still beats o2's offering of 350MB which is just silly.

You can get another 500MB for an extra fiver which then makes it a reasonable 1GB. Id personally would like to see an add on for unlimited data, but I doubt its ever going to happen with Vodafone :)

Its 100 euro for the phone with 3 for 40.66 pm on 2 years :)

Their a bit more generous on data, just wish they gave unlimited texts with their plan. I generally would still rather buy my own phone and have the freedom of switching whenever and to who ever I want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

500MB probably are still enough for folks in these days, but it still beats o2's offering of 350MB which is just silly.

You can get another 500MB for an extra fiver which then makes it a reasonable 1GB. Id personally would like to see an add on for unlimited data, but I doubt its ever going to happen with Vodafone :)

Their a bit more generous on data, just wish they gave unlimited texts with their plan. I generally would still rather buy my own phone and have the freedom of switching whenever and to who ever I want.

500 mb is plenty for me, as at home and work I use the wifi and would never go over it with just switching it on in the car. VF are the only ones that'll give me decent coverage here, so I think I'm going to sell my soul to them for another 2 years.

Sure with a decent data package, why would you need the unlimited texts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Won't be considering anything longer than a 12 month contract.

500 mb is plenty for me, as at home and work I use the wifi and would never go over it with just switching it on in the car. VF are the only ones that'll give me decent coverage here, so I think I'm going to sell my soul to them for another 2 years.

Sure with a decent data package, why would you need the unlimited texts?

Meh. Just convenience of not having to use viber or web texts.

Regarding data. I wouldnt want to live with 500mb :D I would die without Spotify Radio:D Plus the convenience, I don't have to go looking for WiFi hot-spots are asking people for their WiFi password. I just use it, even when at home, id just keep using data rather than switching on WiFi

246982.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

allen175 wrote: »
    did they give you any details on the pricing?
    Forgot to ask! Ill post up here tomorrow with what I find out
    Won't be considering anything longer than a 12 month contract.
    I'll be going 12 months on emobile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

yeah i just signed up to that plan tonight, got all the confirmation and phone calls within 10 mins of ordering, i just hope i got in quick enough for the media link

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

o2 Navan are getting 3 in tomorrow. Prepay €549. Never asked about bill pay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Macca3000 wrote: »
    o2 Navan are getting 3 in tomorrow. Prepay €549. Never asked about bill pay.

Network locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

dahamsta wrote: »
    Network locked?

He couldn't (or maybe wouldn't) say.

I'm hoping the usual HTC unlock applies like my old Sensation.

• Advertisement

Ta. It's a good price, but I couldn't buy it unless it came unlocked or could be unlocked. I'm guessing they are given the rush to market, but they'd have to guarantee it and I'm guessing they wouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

beno619 wrote: »
    I wouldn't base any purchasing decisions on a review from iVerge.
    sure...

why not post up a review from a site you would read?

or, just read the review before jumping on the iBandwagon bashing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

kaimera wrote: »
    sure...

why not post up a review from a site you would read?

or, just read the review before jumping on the iBandwagon bashing.

I read the verge's review and it was garbage based on using a Pre-production device for 48 hours. It was the equivalent of that douche that leaves "First" in comment boxes.

I'm still waiting on Anandtech's review for a more scientific view on ultrapixals, screen, gpu ect.

But yeh here are some real reviews..

http://pocketnow.com/2013/03/25/htc-one-review

http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/12/htc-one-review/

http://www.zdnet.com/the-htc-one-is-the-best-smartphone-i-have-ever-used-review-7000012793/

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/htc-one-1131862/review

Was going to buy a ready to go and stick with my sim-free package (€579 + (24 x €27) = €1227), but for an extra €8 per month, that looks like a good deal from VF (€150 + (24 x €35) = €990). Am I missing something? I'm suspicious:rolleyes:

Found it! On VF Red Essentials, you get 100 mins to any network, but cannot buy an add on to increase it - it's 25c per minute once you use up your allowance. On my sim only, I get 200 mins/500mb for €27. Hmmm, dunno if that's a deal breaker or not :confused:.

Found it! On VF Red Essentials, you get 100 mins to any network, but cannot buy an add on to increase it - it's 25c per minute once you use up your allowance. On my sim only, I get 200 mins/500mb for €27. Hmmm, dunno if that's a deal breaker or not :confused:.

You can increase it. It shows up as international mins and international texts I think.

You can increase it. It shows up as international mins and international texts I think.

Thanks, I just assumed that you could only use them for calling abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Does anyone know what time the shops would get the phone in ? Would Vodafone shops usually have them first thing ?

Thanks !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Picked up the HTC One in the 02 shop in Letterkenny for 549 on Prepay this morning.
    Havent had a chance to see if they are locked to o2 yet.
    Two left in the store if anyone is interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Anyone know if anyone is selling them unlocked?

talla wrote: »
    Picked up the HTC One in the 02 shop in Letterkenny for 549 on Prepay this morning.
    Havent had a chance to see if they are locked to o2 yet.
    Two left in the store if anyone is interested.

Let us know when you've had the chance to check please talla.

Can confirm he o2 version is locked to the network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I just got the HTC One from Meteor for €229 on a 12 month €26 euro contract :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,277 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Nedved85 wrote: »
    I just got the HTC One from Meteor for €229 on a 12 month €26 euro contract :)

F&F discount contract? JERK!:mad::p

F&F discount contract? JERK!:mad::p

F&F ?

Ya i havent topped up much recently (I moved to meteor last year and with every 20 top up i got 20 free and it just built up to about €160 at one stage so havent topped up since December..)

Happy days!

Anyone want my Sim Free HTC One X?

F&F ?

Ya i havent topped up much recently (I moved to meteor last year and with every 20 top up i got 20 free and it just built up to about €160 at one stage so havent topped up since December..)

Happy days!

Anyone want my Sim Free HTC One X?

Friends and Family discount.

If you didn't get it on a F&F discount, how on earth did you get a 12month 26 euro contract? I didn't think they even did 12 month contracts anymore. None listed on the site.

You also seem to say you are a pay as you go customer.

I'm confused!

Looks like it did fairly well in gsm arena battery endurance testing

http://blog.gsmarena.com/htc-one-battery-test-is-complete-results-are-in/

Friends and Family discount.

If you didn't get it on a F&F discount, how on earth did you get a 12month 26 euro contract? I didn't think they even did 12 month contracts anymore. None listed on the site.

You also seem to say you are a pay as you go customer.

I'm confused!

nope no family discount - just rang up yesterday enquiring...They did give me a 25% discount off the month price alright - I guess they saw i wasnt topping up much in the past few months so they offered me the discount - that said i think you could still get the phone for €229 for 18 months a 30 euro plan - no discount applied.

Got one in meteor Wexford for 530

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

149 in Vodafone on an upgrade, very very very happy with it !

nope no family discount - just rang up yesterday enquiring...They did give me a 25% discount off the month price alright - I guess they saw i wasnt topping up much in the past few months so they offered me the discount - that said i think you could still get the phone for €229 for 18 months a 30 euro plan - no discount applied.

Yeah - I can see that option, but shocked you got a 12 month contract from them.

Yeah - I can see that option, but shocked you got a 12 month contract from them.

True - sure ring them up and try them - i got it in Tralee.

• Advertisement

Just picked it up for €580 at Vodafone. Sold my note 2 for €450 yesterday so money well spent :-)

bush wrote: »
    Got one in meteor Wexford for 530

Network locked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭smilerf

Stunning piece of kit

dahamsta wrote: »
    Network locked?

Is there a way to check besides trying another sim cos I dont have another sim.

Try someone else's SIM. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Can anyone confirm if its is out on Meteor bill pay yet and how much it is on the €25 pm tariff? The websites not working for me at the mo.

Download sgs secret code app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if its is out on Meteor bill pay yet and how much it is on the €25 pm tariff? The websites not working for me at the mo.
    €199

Which incidentally is actually €100 cheaper than it was yesterday.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Just picked it up for €580 at Vodafone. Sold my note 2 for €450 yesterday so money well spent :-)

Is it locked to VF?

• Advertisement

Come on lads, Early first impressions please :P

Is it locked to VF?

I would say no, but it is Vodafone branded with the logo on boot and some of their apps

Is it locked to VF?

I would say no, but it is Vodafone branded with the logo on boot and some of their apps

Look, build and feel of device is stunning - best i've ever used (including Lumia 920 / iPhone 5 etc).
    Performance everything zips along, no lag.
    Camera, only took a couple of snapshots but better than I expected.
    Sense 5 skin, I like it, prefer it over touchwiz but still prefer the quick access to settings in touchwiz.
    Thought I'd come across my first bug with the mail app as it wouldn't save my exchange profile, turned out I had used up my limit of 10 devices over the years permitted to connect to exchange :D .

Blinkfeed is actually better and more useful than i thought(once you move it away from the default home screen). Useful to browse through the feeds, handy with the integration with the TV app (which is also better than I thought it would be). Just needs some additional sources and being able to select sources from multiple regions -e.g if you select the UK as your region you can't select US specific feeds e.g. verge which is only available in the US region.

Overall very impressed after a couple of hours, still not quite sure on the battery life however. Device was approximately 50% charged when I turned it on at about 11. Had to start re-charging about 3.45 pm.
    That was with constant use for nearly 5 hours installing apps, browsing, using it as a remote. No media viewing though.

NIce and slick, slippier to hold that the HTC One X due to the metallic back, shouldn't be a problem though. User Interface is slightly different so taking a little bit of getting used to - overall for the deal i got im well happy, Not sure if id have bought it for anything higher seen as i had a One X And the jump isn't huge.. Havent played with it that much yet though to be fair!

Seriously premium feeling phone. Happy with the camera, Blinkfeed looks ok but have already changed the homescreen to a more traditional one. Seeing up the tv remote was a doddle.

Still need to play a bit more to do some Zoe's etc.

Thought I might suffer from buyers remorse after getting rid of a decent phone to get this, but no, more than happy.

• Advertisement

Forgot to say its extremely loud, first time the phone rang it scared the life out of me :D.
    Had to turn the ring volume down to about a third of what it was set as.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 PowerTaxi

The headphone jack doesn't seem to work. Audio still plays through the speakers with headphones plugged in.

It's my only problem with the phone so far.

Download sgs secret code app.

Thats not for htc. Im not around anyone with a micro sim at the minute. There is no meteor branding anywhere if that means anything.

My first Zoe has been created. Can't say it fits with the mood of today, but pretty cool nonetheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2HBverN_6Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

€199

Which incidentally is actually €100 cheaper than it was yesterday.

Cool, must go and find out the in store price tomorrow, hopefully won't be too much more!

• Advertisement
Advertisement