Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Sammy is my 4.3m bench fodder ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Hull have fee agreed for Senegal striker Dame N'Doye.

Swansea expected to sign Jack Cork* from Southampton.

Cork is 4.3, wonder what his gametime prospects at Swans will be.

* The actual Jack Cork this time, not his older brother Jackson Cork the washed up striker :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »

* The actual Jack Cork this time, not his older brother Jackson Cork the washed up striker :)

Just asked the resident Swansea supporter here in work. He reckons he won't be good for points but will play every game in a Leon-Britton type role (whatever that is but I presume defensive mid).

Just playing is good enough for me anyway. He's my 4.3 wildcard mid.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Just asked the resident Swansea supporter here in work. He reckons he won't be good for points but will play every game in a Leon-Britton type role (whatever that is but I presume defensive mid).

Just playing is good enough for me anyway. He's my 4.3 wildcard mid.

I think I'll still stick with Lucas, I think he's pretty nailed on and more chance of the odd clean sheet point than Cork or Shola Ameobi.

I think I'll still stick with Lucas, I think he's pretty nailed on and more chance of the odd clean sheet point than Cork or Shola Ameobi.

My bugbear with Lucas is that he wastes a Liverpool spot if for some reason I would want Sterling, Studge, and a defender (say a DGW). I don't see myself wanting three other Newcastle players; plus the only time I'd plan to play my 4.3m mid is GW27 when Lucas has Man City. Ameobi's game time is a worry though.

• Advertisement

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31058844

Scott Sinclair anyone?

edit: 5.2m on FPL .. ouch

New #FPL additions:

Gabriel (ARS) DEF 5.5
    Bielik (ARS) MID 4.5
    McManaman (WBA) MID 5.0
    Ameobi (CRY) FWD 4.5

https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/561146976234782720

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Lemlin wrote: »
    He reckons he won't be good for points but will play every game in a Leon-Britton type role (whatever that is but I presume defensive mid).
    Britton had the highest pass completion rate in Europe a few seasons ago, he basically sits infront of the centre backs making lots of short backwards/sideway passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

:pac:

Can never go wrong with Cork :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

:pac:

Can never go wrong with Cork :)

Only problem is you need a bottle opener! Screw caps are the way to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Cuadrado deal agreed according to SSN. 8-9M in FPL I imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

manual_man wrote: »
    To who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Shedite27 wrote:
    To who?

Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

manual_man wrote: »

Yet another midfielder we have to worry about! At least with Schurrle we knew he wasn't going to get starts. Seems strange for them to be about to turn a profit and take a player who rarely started and replace them with a player who (presumably) will be in with a shot of starting.

I thought Cuadrado was magnificent in the World Cup for Columbia but lets see how he translates to the Premier League, at another club he could have been a great asset. Pricing is vital here I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,324 ✭✭✭✭8-10

jimmii wrote: »
    Yet another midfielder we have to worry about! At least with Schurrle we knew he wasn't going to get starts. Seems strange for them to be about to turn a profit and take a player who rarely started and replace them with a player who (presumably) will be in with a shot of starting.

Willian needs competition. though why defenders aren't top of their shopping list is a mystery

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I can see him replacing Willian. He's never quite shone like Hazard and Oscar have in that three behind Costa. He doesn't score or assist enough.

Willian is a workhorse, but with not too much attacking end product. Willian will still see game time, but more likely against the bigger teams where Jose likes to keep it tight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Saints fan myself, gutted he didn't sign the new contract, thought he was a shoe in to be the new captain last summer after the fire sale, bit worried now if Scheniderlein leaves, only Davies, Wayanama, Reed and Alderweirld as options this season.

Cork was unlucky with injuries this season and think he would have got a fair bit of gametime only for it, so should be a good signing for Swansea. Played a good bit the last 2 seasons.

At 4.3- ideal 5th midfielder if he gets his 90 mins, has been on my watch list the last while when he was out injured.

Callum McManaman has my attention today. He could be a great Pulis player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

How long before Zouma gets consideration? 4.6 defender for Chelsea, looked solid today. Cahill's been rough this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Am seriously considerin Zouma for my WC...worst case scenario he gets dropped and you swop him out....Cahill meant to have had a row with Mourinho .

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Am seriously considerin Zouma for my WC...worst case scenario he gets dropped and you swop him out....Cahill meant to have had a row with Mourinho .

considering doubling up with terry
    only problem is the league cup final...... and also having 2 Chelsea spots tied up
    . serious value though

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Willian is one of the more understated Chelsea players in non-FPL terms and will defo eat into Cuadrado's playing time. Wouldn't want him at anything over 7.0 (which he won't be) and not until after Chelsea's blank GW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

With Bertrand's suspension;

Matt Targett 3.9, left back,
    cheap entry into Southamptom defence for next few games.

.3 cheaper than Yoshida who's in for Alderweireld at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

With Jack Cork's move to Swansea, he's available for 4.3. I know George Boyd has his fans (I'm definitely one of the early groupies) but there's a nice .2 saving to be had!

Liverpool still meant to be after Ings, but reports he has signed a pre contract with Moyes at Real Sociedad!

Edit: The Sociedad bit confirmed as false....

Also, and more reliably, Huth to Leicester confirmed.

Baird could be on the way out of the Hawthorns...not looking like getting back in the team anyhow!! :(

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-boss-tony-pulis-8559147

• Advertisement

Baird could be on the way out of the Hawthorns...not looking like getting back in the team anyhow!! :(

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-boss-tony-pulis-8559147

Bit of an odd one if you ask me. He'd been playing well I thought, and more suited to the position than Lescott

Advertisement