Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I like cal but I don't really use my calendar to much

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anydo.cal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I use Planner. I had iCal and Any.do and Planner is both of those combined in to a really pretty app and the widgets are great.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appxy.planner&hl=en

duploelabs wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a Calendar app that gives you a widget for a month view? Sol calendar is excellent by the new smart manager keeps on giving out/giving notifications that it's slowing the phone down and there's no way of disabling the notifications

Appsales tells me that DigiCal is half price today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

duploelabs
    I use clear calendar widget, you can set it any way to show the way you want it, I have mine set up for 6 weeks, including birthdays. can colour code birthdays and the likes. It is one of the first apps I always install each new phone I get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I thought Tapet was the best free wallpaper app out there (in fairness probably still the only one that generates infinite wallpapers).
    But I think Minima Live Wallpaper is much cooler. Very classy.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joko.minima

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

GTA San Andreas on sale for €5 from €7, great price for a trip down memory lane! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I know endless runners are a dime a dozen these days, but Radical Rapelling is something pretty fresh. There are some great scoring mechanics and a quest-based progression system. Free with IAP.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.halfbrick.R5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Niemoj wrote: »
    GTA San Andreas on sale for €5 from €7, great price for a trip down memory lane! :pac:

Avoid unless you have a gamepad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,408 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Turtwig wrote: »

Is there a reliable way you could make your phone act as gamepad for a tablet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭batistuta9

dulpit wrote: »
    Is there a reliable way you could make your phone act as gamepad for a tablet?

try an xbox/ps3 controller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Zombienosh wrote: »

It says my device isn't compatible, I've a One Plus One. Anyone else getting this problem ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It says my device isn't compatible, I've a One Plus One. Anyone else getting this problem ?

Nope, it offers to install on my Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2012) and even my ancient Galaxy S II.

Nope, it offers to install on my Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2012) and even my ancient Galaxy S II.

That's really strange so. Even if I search for the game by name it won't show up at all :\

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

emmetkenny wrote: »

same here. It'll install on every device i've owned but not my 1+1

donegal. wrote: »
    same here. It'll install on every device i've owned but not my 1+1

I might send them an email. Specs on the phone should defiantly be able to handle it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

well thats odd, seeing as I finished all of those games on my OnePlus earlier in the year and its my favourite Tower Defence ever, now its telling me Im not compatible aswell, I havent messed with the dpi either which is usually the cause of these problems, strange. Just sideload the apk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Turtwig wrote: »

Personally I don't find the on screen controls to be too bad actually.

Works fine on Nexus 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Not sure If it's been already mentioned but street view is now a standalone app and has a few additions from the Google maps edition.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

i want to be able to pick and choose files(video files,movies, music) on my phone that are located on my pc and stream them to my tv.is this possible?im sure it is but does anyone know what app does this?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

crazygeryy wrote: »
    i want to be able to pick and choose files(video files,movies, music) on my phone that are located on my pc and stream them to my tv.is this possible?im sure it is but does anyone know what app does this?

Plex does this. You'll have to install it on your PC and your phone. It works with Chromecast to which is nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭corkie

BubbleUPnP is another good choice! See my signature!

corkie wrote: »
    BubbleUPnP is another good choice! See my signature!

I went with this one. But am i right in saying it won't let you stream from your pc unless you buy the full version? I will buy it but just want to make sure first.

I went with this one. But am i right in saying it won't let you stream from your pc unless you buy the full version? I will buy it but just want to make sure first.
    Some features are restricted and can be unlocked by purchasing the BubbleUPnP License app.

I think you can test the app for limited time of streaming, have it so long can not remember the limitations.

Edit: Transcoding is limited to 20 minutes on the free version! (Just froze the license in TB to test)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

For Plex you have to pay to stream to the app as well. If you're just using the app to stream it to the ChromeCast then you don't need to pay.

corkie wrote: »
    I think you can test the app for limited time of streaming, have it so long can not remember the limitations.

Edit: Transcoding is limited to 20 minutes on the free version! (Just froze the license in TB to test)

lads im having a lot of trouble with this bubbleupnp.it keeps saying that it needs port 58050 but access is being denied.and so far i havent found out how to open the port for it to work.ive gone into the upc page and accessed the router but i couldnt find anything to let me open ports.
    any ideas?

• Advertisement

lads im having a lot of trouble with this bubbleupnp.it keeps saying that it needs port 58050 but access is being denied.and so far i havent found out how to open the port for it to work.ive gone into the upc page and accessed the router but i couldnt find anything to let me open ports.
    any ideas?

Your UPC rooter probably doesn't allow port forwarding!

https://twitter.com/upcireland/status/514690577599053824

Maybe try googling your model of rooter for instructions to open ports.

You probably only need the ports open for transcoding on your PC using the bubbleupnp server. The app also has the ability to transcode on the device!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

any ideas?

It might actually be upc putting you on an ipv6 address, best bet would be to contact the reps on boards and read this http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057282895/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I'm loving dustoff helicopter rescue at the minute.

Very addictive, and can be challenging at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Patww79 wrote: »

Listen Audiobook Player is the business.

• Advertisement

My podcasts aren't filling in the long drives enough so I'm thinking of audio books. Is Audible the way to go or is there better?

8 sterling a month for one book. 15 sterling a month for two books. I think it's a bit pricey.

Audiobook player is just a player it doesn't give you books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

My podcasts aren't filling in the long drives enough so I'm thinking of audio books. Is Audible the way to go or is there better?

You can get an audio upgrade (audible) on kindle purchases which is often quite cheap especially on the American site.
    Librivox is a good source for free public domain audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Anybody able to advise me where you can view the free daily amazon app?When I click on the link, nothing shows...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Free daily app is no more. Replaced by Amazon Underground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

You can get an audio upgrade (audible) on kindle purchases which is often quite cheap especially on the American site. Librivox is a good source for free public domain audio.

Saw this alright, any suggestions of how to listen on the move - kindle app or can you add the audio to a playlist on Google music or pocket casts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Saw this alright, any suggestions of how to listen on the move - kindle app or can you add the audio to a playlist on Google music or pocket casts?

I use the Audible android app. You dont need audible membership just sign in with your Amazon details and any titles you purchased will be there. I find it a good player for audiobooks with a timer ,chapters etc. Also it wont lose your place.
    Also Audible have rights restrictions so files wont play on other apps. Im sure there is a work around but I dont bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I think somebody recommended that level again a while back. Thanks; great game very original very different, challenging and great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Mr E wrote: »
    Free daily app is no more. Replaced by Amazon Underground.

I've got a geographical restriction on downloading off the amazon underground app?

Anyone know what app will cut out a clip of a video on your phone so you can share it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Anyone know what app will cut out a clip of a video on your phone so you can share it?

I find VidTrim does a good job.

Sonic The Hedgehog is just 10c!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

Is there any decent app that will let me play youtube in the background?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement