Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of 2014: Best Deals on Bargain Alerts?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

A bargain every 2 weeks with the Aldi super six. Also the Lidl super Saturdays were great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Supercell wrote: »
    When I'm in China I always buy 2 - 3 sizes larger. I've a nice xxxl coat that would barely register as a large here for example.

Haha I'll get the measuring tape out tomorrow so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    If I was a medium here would I go for large there?

If you look at this one they give you comparison between china and international size so your right in saying medium here would be large there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    If I was a medium here would I go for large there?

Follow the measurements they suggest on the ali express item page, as the comparison charts may be different. I'm slightly smaller than average guy and the XL one fits me perfect. I did use a tailor measuring tape - well worth getting.

I have bought a few clothes items from ali express and am very happy with the quality of them. I may have been lucky so far YMMV etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Vojera wrote: »
    I can't remember if it was this year or last year, but that little Le Creuset dish for €7 was brilliant.

I also have gotten loads of codes from the Tassimo thread. I only buy pods with a code now.

Where do you get the codes for the Tassimo pods for ? Tia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

This is the item, still on sale. They have other colours, check the store.

It's lovely soft leather and has a warmish lining on the inside.

Fricking bargain as it's really nice, just make sure you get the correct measurements as they don't do returns and Asian sizes are different. I would recommend getting a tailors measuring tape.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Free-Shipping-hot-sell-2014-new-winter-leather-jacket-Men-s-leisure-standing-collar-short-motorcycle/1296220_1912553635.html

Is this the seller you ordered from?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

The regular heads-up on Aldi and Lidl vouchers have given me some good savings!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Follow the measurements they suggest on the ali express item page, as the comparison charts may be different. I'm slightly smaller than average guy and the XL one fits me perfect. I did use a tailor measuring tape - well worth getting.

I have bought a few clothes items from ali express and am very happy with the quality of them. I may have been lucky so far YMMV etc.

You b$%^ards! I'm after dropping over 100 euros on that site with your tips! BA = Both a blessing and a curse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Thewife wrote: »
    Where do you get the codes for the Tassimo pods for ? Tia

Here is the thread I follow, haven't seen it updated in a while but then again I haven't needed pods in a while.

The codes seem to mostly from newsletters or sometimes they do monthly promotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

The HP Proliant Microserver N54L Gen7 with £100 cash back was my best. Also a thank you to all the cinema ticket giveways. I also got the helicopters in Argos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

The CPW deal of Sky for €15 with free installation was my best bargain. I had switched from Sky to Free to Air a few years ago and the Sky box I was using for FTA died a couple of days after the BA was posted, plus the LNB on the dish was giving trouble too. So for €15 a month, I got the lot replaced! Also, Sky overcharged me on my first bill so effectively, I paid three months in advance and haven't received a bill since. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Definitely has to be copious number of courses on Udemy thread. Now I know how to do everything!!!*

* I have yet to look at a single course in my library of over 160 courses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Is this the seller you ordered from?

Yes it is. Took 3 weeks to deliver, but no customs charge either as marked as gift. They did that themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

The AGV internet security free for 5 years was nice..free is always good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Setanta €99 for 12 months was a great bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

€1 Setanta deal was a cracker, I cancelled twice via phone and email and haven't been billed since. That was August sometime!

Can't beat free stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Mulbert

There was a post in BA about eircom doing a broadband, tv and phone package deal. Can't remember the price. I went into an eircom shop to get the suss on it. I ended up getting the tv , phone and broadband for 30p/m for life, lobbed in the mobile on the package for 14 p/m as did the missus. Think overall were the better by over 500 a year. Excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

Vojera wrote:
    I also have gotten loads of codes from the Tassimo thread. I only buy pods with a code now.

which thread is that please?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Dublin to Oz for sub €400 was an absolute beast of a deal.

Didn't have the wherewithal to jump on it at the time, but was glad to see a few Boardsies took the opportunity to head South at hell of a price.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057169354

I'll second this and add that after getting back from Perth last month, we had such a great time that we've decided we're selling up and going back for good and we'll back on the plane over there in 46 hours and 50 minutes time. :D

The container with our stuff left on Wednesday, we're handing the keys to our rental property tomorrow. One car sold, the other will be collected from the airport hotel to be sold after we're gone, just got someone to collect my aquariums today then the rest will be collected by SVP after we're gone.

Literally half of our possessions will be going to charity (several thousands of euro in clothes and toys) and plenty of others have had real bargains off us, so that has to count for our good deed for the year and a pretty good extension to the original BA thread imho! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

vibe666 wrote: »
    I'll second this and add that after getting back from Perth last month, we had such a great time that we've decided we're selling up and going back for good and we'll back on the plane over there in 46 hours and 50 minutes time. :D

The container with our stuff left on Wednesday, we're handing the keys to our rental property tomorrow. One car sold, the other will be collected from the airport hotel to be sold after we're gone, just got someone to collect my aquariums today then the rest will be collected by SVP after we're gone.

Literally half of our possessions will be going to charity (several thousands of euro in clothes and toys) and plenty of others have had real bargains off us, so that has to count for our good deed for the year and a pretty good extension to the original BA thread imho! :D

Wow, that thread obviously had a pretty major impact on your life. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

winner! best of luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭flowerific

Dublin to Perth Australia. 382eur return.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

The Peppa/Thomas small bikes for me. Bought 7 of them for niece/nephew and SV De Paul and only paid 122.5 instead of almost 400. Two very happy siblings who could give bigger presents next week than they thought and hopefully a few delighted kids who will get the bikes from SVDP.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭KathleenF

Nothing major stands out but I reckon I got at least €70 of Hailo codes from here. Rarely use taxis but haven't had to pay for one in ages as I've had the codes. Chuffed with that tbh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Best of luck mate and safe traveling, I've enjoyed your posts across a few fora

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

For me it was the SJ4000 (GoPro Alt).

After a bit of messing I eventually got mine, and brought it on 2 holidays with great pics & video.

Ironically, the only thing that didn't survive was the official GoPro selfie stick. Must remember to seek a refund for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

connundrum wrote: »

This for me as well, also...

- Energia 18%/17% off elec/gas
    - Philips LivingColors £28.99

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭bren2001

Had to be the CPW deal for me. Just moved into a new house. Sorted me and the parents out with it. Can now watch Sky Sports at home and when I visit :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

connundrum wrote: »

After a bit of messing I eventually got mine, and brought it on 2 holidays with great pics & video.

Ironically, the only thing that didn't survive was the official GoPro selfie stick. Must remember to seek a refund for that!

If the selfie stick was a gopole, it's not official gopro. Mine failed too, I took a snap of the failure said where I'd bought it and they posted me a new one registered post. Didn't need a receipt or anything.

Advertisement