Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double standards for groping

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Dudess wrote: »
    2pac neva 4gotten tug 4 lyf only d gud dy yng xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <3<3<3<3 :(:(:(:(;(;_;
    Tupac didnt invent thug life he just dicovered and diagnosed it. Doctors discover a problem they get medals , but tupac gets jail .
    True story according to the king of nursery ryhmes.
    Anyhu if Dermot farted whilst this girl was fingering him could she sue?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Which would you prefer OP: both male and female gropers being guilty of assault, or everyone free to grope with impunity?

Being groped is not nice for anyone, of either gender, though some women have told me that being groped by a guy can be quite intimidating, as generally the guy will be bigger and stronger, normally not an issue when a guy is groped by a gal.
    It also seems to be the case, in nightclubs at least, that more girls are groped compared to those who grope.

It is wrong that there's a double standard, but I do see where it comes from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Nobody should grope anyone's arse without consent. Culturally though, it's taken less seriously if it happens to a man. Not saying that's right - I think it's obnoxious carry-on and I wouldn't do it - but that's the reality. Maybe it'd help if it was taken more seriously.

Exactly that slut of a dermot fondler should be strung up as an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

I've never minded someone groping my ass, but then I'm a man and a lot less sexually repressed.

• Advertisement

What if your granny started pulling the will nots off ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Tupac. E still alive blud, innit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

If you're groped, you should have every right to grope them in return. If they're ugly, you can sue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

He was askin' for it innit - stickin' his arse in her face like that the dirty man-whore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

That's no woman :eek:

I call shenanigans!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

She should be given life for what she did. He should be given the death penalty for crimes against fashion.. what is with those jeans he's wearing! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

Sindri wrote: »
    Pure class from the Fleischers here yet again. ;)

Damn you Hays Act, :mad: DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Those old cartoons are just so strange by todays standards. Here is another good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Damn, I walked right past Miriam O'Callaghan as she interviewed Martin Sheen a few weeks back at JDIFF. I should have gave her arse a good groping and then just said: "Ah sure it clearly made her day". Opportunity missed.

I had to Google Holly Willoughby 'cause I had no idea who she was. To be fair, I'd let her grope me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Naomi00 wrote: »
    Eh, stuff like that happens to me on nights out all the time, even when walking down the street etc. It really annoys me that I can't do anything about it and it's sick that some of them are way older than me, and obviously I don't go around grabbing random guy's asses. But none of those men are going to be charged with harassment, so why should a woman be?

Why are you just accepting it :confused:
    Plenty of men have been charged for doing it before. If you just let them away with it scot free they'll keep on doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Plenty of men have been charged for doing it before. If you just let them away with it scot free they'll keep on doing it.

Can't ever see women getting charged for groping guys to the same degree that men do when the victim is a woman, as in general, society just doesn't see the two acts in same light. People just laugh when women assault guys in this manner. Heck, physical violence by women on men is often laughed at, never-mind mere groping.

Seen the following video a while back and I hope this woman got charged, as if it was a guy, he'd being doing time for attempted rape of a minor for sure:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82118689/

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

In other news ...

IDIOT READS THE MAIL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

should be a law passed: guy gets his ass groped by a woman, he gets to feel her tits in return.

problem solved.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

should be a law passed: guy gets his ass groped by a woman, he gets to feel her tits in return.

problem solved.

I guess you could say we deserve some tit for tat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭howsyourtusk

guitarzero wrote: »
    I've never minded someone groping my ass, but then I'm a man and a lot less sexually repressed.

Anyone else spot the dangerous implication here, groping is ok if you're just a little less repressed. Tell that to a woman who's been on the end of unwarranted sexual attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

When I was 17 to 19 I worked as a glass collector in a hotel. We had to wear black pants, white shirt tucked in and a dicky bow.

Just about every night there would be some gang of older women who would spend the entire night trying to outdo each other in groping, grabbing, pinching you. Carrying stacks of glasses theirs not much you can do to remove some wrinkly old hand cupping your crotch.

Id say since then more often then not when a drunk stranger has touched me its been a woman at least 20 years my senior. They seem to think if their old enough to be your mother or grandmother then its all good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

That programme of which I never ever watched yet I know about it.

They clutch at every little non consequence bullsh!t to get a headline and yet here it is on boards after some hapless chap falls for the xfactor publicity machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

cloptrop wrote: »
    Yes I said at the start I want to go around groping random women but the law wont let me, why is the law letting her?
    Shes not even good looking.

She looks ok to me. She can grope my arse anytime.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

problem solved.

I'm voting for you.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

It's hard to know if you're serious here, OP. I can see your point and I agree but your posts are jokey and if you were really concerned about this, then perhaps AH isn't the place to post about it. If you're just making a point for the sake of it, then it's hard to take what you say seriously when you comment on the woman's looks etc (which should be besides the point) therefore making the plight of men being groped in public a little hard to take seriously by many. Ye get me?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Why are you just accepting it :confused:

I'm not accepting it, sometimes it's when they're walking past on purpose so they won't get caught, or else it's men who are way older than me. To be honest I'd just want to get away from them rather than start an arguement with them because if they're the type of person who does things like that in the first place they're hardly going to apologise or anything, more likely would try to make fun of me for saying something. I'll do something the next time though, it's really annoying.

Anyway back to thread, there is no double standard. It's the same type of person who does this, male or female.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

While we're on the subject of goosing, isn't there a saying that what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander as well?:D

http://juliasmexicocity.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54ecdaa8a883301157223ebc2970b-500wi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I do think their is a double standard. I never see any guys doing this but you can see groups of women doing it as if its socially acceptable. The pic posted by the op shows her doing it without feeling any need to disguise what shes doing, this does not happen the other way around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

When I am groped which has happened but very rarely I have taken it as a compliment and not demeaning.

When a woman is groped it is demeaning. Its the actions of a more powerful group over another.

An extreme similar example is if I call a Black guy a ni**er that is demeaning, when a black guy calls me a whitey that is not.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

cloptrop wrote: »
    and there was I thinking we had set some kind of record by not having a thread started today about some piece of nonsense in some crappy little English tabloid.

It seems AH posters are in thrall to this particular piece of rubbish and the Z-listers it features. Ah well, it's probably less harmful than having bankers posting... unless of course ...

Advertisement