Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double standards for groping

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Sexism or racism, then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Sexism or racism, then?

SCOTTISH ACCENT : "who knows you decide" ....... oops that was big brother wasnt it.
    Dermots ass wasnt in that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Tupac groped Dermot O'Learys arse?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

It's hard to find the words to describe how little I care about this. It wasn't really newsworthy, was it? :confused:
    If it was, it must be about time for another good meteor strike.

Johro wrote: »
    It's hard to find the words to describe how little I care about this. It wasn't really newsworthy, was it? :confused:
    If it was, it must be about time for another good meteor strike.

How would the staff at meteor going on strike help raise awareness for racism/sexism? Get me a shot of Holly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

cloptrop wrote: »
    So Dermot O leary stands near a crowd of women doing his job.

Why were a crowd of women doing his job?

How would the staff at meteor going on strike help raise awareness for racism/sexism? Get me a shot of Holly?
    Yeah... That's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I want that woman brought to book.

Should hit her with a little ghetto gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The Tupac case was somewhat different, by somewhat I mean entirely.
    Wiki wrote:
    Rape charge
    In November 1993, Shakur and others were charged with sexually assaulting a woman in a hotel room. According to the complaint, Shakur sodomized the woman and then encouraged his friends to sexually abuse her. Shakur denied the charges. According to Shakur, he had prior relations days earlier with the woman; she performed oral sex on him on a club dance floor and the two later had consensual sex in his hotel room. The complainant claimed sexual assault after her second visit to Shakur's hotel room; she alleged that Shakur and his entourage raped her.[39][40] Shakur claimed that he fell asleep shortly after the woman arrived and later awoke to her accusations and legal threats. In the ensuing trial, Shakur was convicted of sexual abuse. In sentencing Shakur to 1½–4½ years in prison, the judge described the crime as "an act of brutal violence against a helpless woman."[41][42][43] After serving part of his sentence, Shakur was released on bail pending appeal. On April 5, 1996, a judge sentenced him to serve 120 days in jail for violating terms of his release on bail.[44]

But is groping stranger members of the opposite sex in public socially acceptable now . It is near nightclub chucking out time can I use a copy of the daily mail as my defence if the police have a problem with my new behaviour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

There's 2 things that are very hard to charge a woman with, sexual harassment and domestic abuse. It's always assumed they'll be the victim. Bullshít in fairness.

I want that woman brought to book.
    But it's nothing to do with you. If Dermot O'Leary wants her 'brought to book' he can make an official complaint. I doubt he's arsed, excuse the pun. If he did, then there'd be a story. A minor one.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    The Tupac case was somewhat different, by somewhat I mean entirely.

Yep exact same thing , your right , I think she should get prison time too.

But it's nothing to do with you. If Dermot O'Leary wants her 'brought to book' he can make an official complaint. I doubt he's arsed, excuse the pun. If he did, then there'd be a story. A minor one.

It has everything to do with me , why is she allowed grope whom she likes when I cant , who will she grope next ?

It has everything to do with me , why is she allowed grope whom she likes when I cant , who will she grope next ?
    Ah, so you're jealous. :D

Ah, so you're jealous. :D

Yes I said at the start I want to go around groping random women but the law wont let me, why is the law letting her?
    Shes not even good looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

The legal definition of what your espousing is called rape. ;)

Sindri wrote: »
    The legal definition of what your espousing is called rape. ;)

Jumble the word rape uup and it becomes ear p , thats worse than rape if you ask me

Youd catch earpees off that haha herpes get it get it see what i did there.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

RMD wrote: »
    There's 2 things that are very hard to charge a woman with, sexual harassment and domestic abuse. It's always assumed they'll be the victim. Bullshít in fairness.

Eh, stuff like that happens to me on nights out all the time, even when walking down the street etc. It really annoys me that I can't do anything about it and it's sick that some of them are way older than me, and obviously I don't go around grabbing random guy's asses. But none of those men are going to be charged with harassment, so why should a woman be?

• Advertisement

Naomi00 wrote: »
    Eh, stuff like that happens to me on nights out all the time, even when walking down the street etc. It really annoys me that I can't do anything about it and it's sick that some of them are way older than me, and obviously I don't go around grabbing random guy's asses. But none of those men are going to be charged with harassment, so why should a woman be?

Eh because there is photographic evidence of her sex assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Eh because there is photographic evidence of her sex assault.

And surely there's CCTV 'evidence' of the thousands of times this happened to random people in pubs & nightclubs etc over the weekend and every other weekend of the year? :rolleyes:

Just because there was a picture in the newspaper doesn't mean she has to get in trouble for it, especially as no one makes a big deal out of it when it happens to a girl.

And surely there's CCTV 'evidence' of the thousands of times this happened to random people in pubs & nightclubs etc over the weekend and every other weekend of the year? :rolleyes:

So you think I could go out tonight and grab random womens arses , not just a quick grab but pull a few different faces whilst at it , in front of reporters with cameras and get away with it , even get a favourable right up in the paper about it. Imagine I was a black man doing it , Id be vilified, but if a white girl does it its cheeky and funny and if Dermot complains sure hes a spoilsport. Id say he wants to keep his bum for his missus, what right has this sex offender got to grab at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Sorry but I do actually have sympathy with the OP's position on this, even if it was worded badly. It's not really comparable with Tupac.

I have sometimes been in pubs and clubs where (ok, drunken) women have grabbed my crotch, and telling them that it's not acceptable to do that doesn't go down well. Nor do accusations of being queer when a very forward woman (shoving her boobs in your face kinda forward) won't take No for an answer. By no means do I think I am God's gift or a Dermot O Leary, by all accounts this is something that normal, everyday guys seem to encounter. Some just find it less acceptable than others, and I happen not to find it acceptable at all.

Taken from the OP's article. Imagine the news article:
    [He] even pulled a comical face while taking advantage of [Willoughby], who had no idea what was about to happen to [her].

The former Big Brother's Little Brother host took it all in [her] stride and shared a joke with the random [guy] as she burst out laughing.

An X Factor hopeful told The People: 'Grabbing [her] behind clearly made [his] day.'

Just because there was a picture in the newspaper doesn't mean she has to get in trouble for it, especially as no one makes a big deal out of it when it happens to a girl.

Well if it was me my penis would be outraged.

'The former Big Brother's Little Brother star took it all in his stride and shared a joke with the random girl as she burst out laughing'

Oh the humanity...
    Personally I think the Daily Mail reporter should be severely punished for describing Dermot's arse as 'the TV star's pert rear'. :rolleyes:

Tupac claimed to only grab the girls ass and apparantly was done on sex assault and not rape.
    Just because Dermot laughed it off doesnt make it ok , he had to , itd be bad for his career if he didnt , just like a secretaries in the 50s would be expected to laugh off a tap on the arse from the boss.

Tupac claimed to only grab the girls ass and apparantly was done on sex assault and not rape.
    Just because Dermot laughed it off doesnt make it ok , he had to , itd be bad for his career if he didnt , just like a secretaries in the 50s would be expected to laugh off a tap on the arse from the boss.

Pure class from the Fleischers here yet again. ;)

Damn you Hays Act, :mad: DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

I cant understand why groping someones ass is such a big issue *ponders the idea of some stranger groping my mam's ass*, yeah... exactly, that Tupac son of a bitch had it comin', the filthy deviant!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

2pac neva 4gotten tug 4 lyf only d gud dy yng xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <3<3<3<3 :(:(:(:(;(;_;

Advertisement