Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Comments

mel123 wrote: »
    So i bought an MK808b with no remote (clever). can anyone link me to a remote I can use, ive tried to download loads in the play store but none are successful.

Mele F10 Deluxe is expensive (almost as expensive as the MK808b+), but is a class piece of kit.

Alternatively, I've also got a Sumvision airmouse that works perfectly with my second MK808b+.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

mel123 wrote: »
    So i bought an MK808b with no remote (clever). can anyone link me to a remote I can use, ive tried to download loads in the play store but none are successful.
    Logitech 400 keyboard with integrated trackpad. The muts nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

l must get one of these android xbmc kodi openElec octa core gpu, quad core, dual core,1 gig 2 gig, mx 2 3, mxq m8 minx amlogic droidbox, thingy me jigs with a airmouse and blueteeth!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Knock Off Nigel

onlyme! wrote: »
    l must get one of these android xbmc kodi openElec octa core gpu, quad core, dual core,1 gig 2 gig, mx 2 3, mxq m8 minx amlogic droidbox, thingy me jigs with a airmouse and blueteeth!

Just go with the m8 s802 2gb ram few local sellers have them on adverts for €95

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Just go with the m8 s802 2gb ram few local sellers have them on adverts for €95

I wouldn't recommend the M8 anyway, but especially not @ €95.

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend the M8 anyway, but especially not @ €95.

Price aside, what's your issue with the M8 Ally?

dodzy wrote: »
    Price aside, what's your issue with the M8 Ally?

It was very buggy, no matter what rom you flashed, you just ended up with a different problem, 720p issues, slow issues and random crashes. Afaik, many bugs still exist, but they are less frequent, so some of the roms appear (more) stable, and that's mostly because of independent devs, not ENY or Acemax etc., they just released newer and upgraded versions (M8C, M8S). It also doesn't support H.265 and the Wi-Fi is very poor. The price is also a factor though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I bought an MX3 ~ 2gb a few months ago and have had absolutely no issues with it.
    Ebay job.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MX-3-III-4K-Quad-Core-5GHz-Dual-WIFI-Android-KitKat-XBMC-TV-Box-HDMI-Full-Loaded-/161450942213

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Knock Off Nigel

It was very buggy, no matter what rom you flashed, you just ended up with a different problem, 720p issues, slow issues and random crashes. Afaik, many bugs still exist, but they are less frequent, so some of the roms appear (more) stable, and that's mostly because of independent devs, not ENY or Acemax etc., they just released newer and upgraded versions (M8C, M8S). It also doesn't support H.265 and the Wi-Fi is very poor. The price is also a factor though..

You must have got stung with the 1gb ram version because the 2 m8's I have in the house run smoother than any tv box I've tried and I've tried them all.

You must have got stung with the 1gb ram version because the 2 m8's I have in the house run smoother than any tv box I've tried and I've tried them all.

No, I knew how bad the 1GB M8 were before I bought (and still bought the 2GB :o later, but admittedly didn't give it a huge chance.), but it may have been the early firmware.
    Still not worth €95, may be more stable with the newer firmware, but I'd still go for a better device after €70.

With so many new Chinese sites opening up, it may be easier to find decent/better prices, but the majority of sellers in China at the moment seem to have milked these for what they can get, making it harder for some resellers to sell them at a decent price unless they buy in bulk direct from the real manufacturer. I also get that the Euro is bad at the minute.

Up around the €100 mark (€101.83) (has been lower) the Voyo Windows box with Intel CPU and 64GB and 2GB Ram
    I'm pretty sure there is a code with 20% off, but I can't find it tonight. Which would allow for the 23% Duty. If they were bought in bulk they may sell for around €100 - €110 here (Depending on what the seller asks), and they're not the only ones. There are much better devices available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭BobPresto

Raspberry Pi 2 Model B is the easiest way to go, just throw Openelec onto and the i.totalxbmc.tv repo and search for what ever addons you need.

I just buy them from amazon with sandisk 8GB sd card, €54 deliver with parcel motel.
    Just add a usb cable(powered from the tv), hdmi cable and a cat cable to hook upto the Horizon box and away ye go.

They have a CEC chip so its controlled straight from your tv remote.

Sample vid(no mine) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjjkG7x5fww

BobPresto wrote: »
    Raspberry Pi 2 Model B is the easiest way to go, just throw Openelec onto and the i.totalxbmc.tv repo and search for what ever addons you need.

I just buy them from amazon with sandisk 8GB sd card, €54 deliver with parcel motel.
    Just add a usb cable(powered from the tv), hdmi cable and a cat cable to hook upto the Horizon box and away ye go.

They have a CEC chip so its controlled straight from your tv remote.

Sample vid(no mine) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjjkG7x5fww

Full circle.. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Whats a good choice air mouse for minix n8? Where to buy for the best price? Anyone have any suggestions?

JonnyM wrote: »
    Whats a good choice air mouse for minix n8? Where to buy for the best price? Anyone have any suggestions?

Adverts sellers have the Minix A/M for about €20 as far as I recall. Got one and swapped it out immediately for this. Got it on sale so the attraction is less at current price point but its a joy to use.

Makes me feel like this guy :D

346868.jpg

Tronsmart MXIII is €46 on Geekbuying with code MXIII20
    Compared to the generic MXIII in the market, Tronsmart MXIII provides:
    1. Lifetime warranty.
    2. Lifetime support. Periodically updates on firmware.
    3. Strict quality check. All products pass the 48 hrs anti aging test and strict check before shipment.
    4. OTA(over the air update technology, you can always get the latest firmware in time.
    5. High quality components. Good HDMI cable, better AC strip, new design PC shell.
    6. All APPs are pre-installed with the latest version.

Whether or not the lifetime warranty and support is true, is anyones guess.. Time will tell. But the fact that they are even offering it, is enticing..

EDIT - That code may apply to all MXIII on GeekBuying, I haven't checked. No doubt it will apply to all Tronsmart, as they are the main distributors for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

That's very cheap and bloody tempering I tell ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Tis only 1gb version. Still not bad.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Tis only 1gb version. Still not bad.

€50 all on of you chance Parcel Motel, can't argue with that even if it is 1gb.

Tempted to get a Pi2 to try something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭BobPresto

Check my adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭k123456

I have MiniX NEO X8-H
    and a friend of mine wants to get the same (which I will set up, update firmware etc)

Whats the best place to get on please, and also add in to delivery Mele F10 pro

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

It's coming up at $70/€64 for me

EDIT: nevermind just noticed the code now

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jimosterberg

Is there an openelec os for this?
    Tronsmart MXIII is €46 on Geekbuying with code MXIII20

Whether or not the lifetime warranty and support is true, is anyones guess.. Time will tell. But the fact that they are even offering it, is enticing..

EDIT - That code may apply to all MXIII on GeekBuying, I haven't checked. No doubt it will apply to all Tronsmart, as they are the main distributors for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭tipperary

Looking to get one of these boxes, primarily to run kodi.

Has anyone tried The Mobie Dazzle Amlogic S805- Quad Core Cortex-A5 1.5GHz Android KitKat 4.4 OS XBMC Streaming HD TV Box Player?
    Looks to have generally positive reviews on amazon and looks like good value, but will the 1GB of RAM make it painfully slow? Also, does anyone know if it's possible to load openelec on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭Invincible

dahat wrote: »

For less than €10 more, get the 2GB MXIII with same code.

Invincible wrote: »
    For less than €10 more, get the 2GB MXIII with same code.

Already have the MXIII.

Another note, anyone have a Dreambox M6, trying to re build one for a lad but can't get HD files to play correctly.

It will only give sound and picture with Hardware Mediacodec enabled only.

tipperary wrote: »
    Looking to get one of these boxes, primarily to run kodi.

Has anyone tried The Mobie Dazzle Amlogic S805- Quad Core Cortex-A5 1.5GHz Android KitKat 4.4 OS XBMC Streaming HD TV Box Player?
    Looks to have generally positive reviews on amazon and looks like good value, but will the 1GB of RAM make it painfully slow? Also, does anyone know if it's possible to load openelec on this?

Bought this exact box for my parents. Works great. The remote control is pretty ****e though. Would consider instead getting a stick (MK808B+) and a quality controller (Mele F10 Deluxe for remote control-style or Logitech k400 for keyboard-style).

Couldn't fault the actual box above though, just the remote.

Already have the MXIII.

Another note, anyone have a Dreambox M6, trying to re build one for a lad but can't get HD files to play correctly.

It will only give sound and picture with Hardware Mediacodec enabled only.

Anyone?
    Seems to be a g18ref board so I'm wondering will the Open Elec for MX2 by Codesnakes work on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Is there any real difference between these lads

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6629551927.html?orderId=67001675149170

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/FREE-SHIPPING-DHL-Full-hd-media-player-Zoomtak-M8-metal-AmlS802-quad-core-4k-android-tv/1757303_32336496744.html

Ordered the first one, but now they are talling me they only have the second one in stock, but that its essentially the same?

Or is there a better one for my money????

How does this compare to the other two

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Android-4-4-TV-Box-Q7-CS918-Full-HD-1080P-RK3188T-Quad-Core-Media-Player-1GB/2022249203.html

Thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Is there any real difference between these lads

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6629551927.html?orderId=67001675149170

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/FREE-SHIPPING-DHL-Full-hd-media-player-Zoomtak-M8-metal-AmlS802-quad-core-4k-android-tv/1757303_32336496744.html

Ordered the first one, but now they are talling me they only have the second one in stock, but that its essentially the same?

Or is there a better one for my money????

Seller has 0% feedback, that would be a big no-no regardless of anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,887 ✭✭✭Zardoz

You could be hit with customs on that though as its coming from China .
    Parcel Motel will refuse it .

Zardoz wrote: »
    You could be hit with customs on that though as its coming from China .
    Parcel Motel will refuse it .

True, got a couple through already though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,887 ✭✭✭Zardoz

True, got a couple through already though.

I presume using normal post would inevitably incur extra charges from Customs ?

Zardoz wrote: »
    I presume using normal post would inevitably incur extra charges from Customs ?

Quite likely, seems all stuff getting stopped these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just a heads up,be careful clicking on links from Thai TV for live football,did it today and saw somebody scoring alright but not in a football way.:P

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Just a heads up,be careful clicking on links from Thai TV for live football,did it today and saw somebody scoring alright but not in a football way.:P

Seen that in a few groups alright, plenty got caught out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I read that some where yesterday, that saved me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I know this is an android forum but does anyone have a windows box running Kodi? I'm thinking of getting a Minix Z64

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I know this is an android forum but does anyone have a windows box running Kodi? I'm thinking of getting a Minix Z64

I have the pipo x7. Its excellent.

Don't think it improves Kodi, as you'll still get the same quality of streams as the uploader provides.

The paid streams certainly run flawlessly on it.

Plus you can do everything you can do on a desktop with it. Microsoft word etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

yep customs approx €36 thans made up of €29 + an Post processing fee €7 = €36

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭seanin4711

seanin4711 wrote: »

Mx3 are a great box.

Bang openelec on it and gets even better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Mx3 are a great box.

what about kodi or is it much of a muchness?

Mx3 are a great box.

Better in what way?
    I have one and it seems fine.

vectra wrote: »
    Better in what way?
    I have one and it seems fine.

Gets rid of all the android stuff on it and leaves you with just kodi. Speeds it up a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jimosterberg

Mx3 are a great box.

Anyone got a link to the latest version of openelec for the mxiii 2gb? Thanks

Gets rid of all the android stuff on it and leaves you with just kodi. Speeds it up a lot.

Am I correct in saying if I put openelec on it that it would then boot directly to Kodi?

Am I correct in saying if I put openelec on it that it would then boot directly to Kodi?

Yep.

Yep.

Probaly no good to me so as I use a certain app ( Not sure if I can name it here ) to view F1 which is outside Kodi :(

Probaly no good to me so as I use a certain app ( Not sure if I can name it here ) to view F1 which is outside Kodi :(

Loads on Kodi for F1, just be creative when looking for sources

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement