Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alive! Newspaper.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,103 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Orion wrote: »
    Well in fairness they're applying a fictional story from TV to their logic based on a fictional book written just over 1000 years ago. Two made up stories don't add up to truth to me.
    And this post is itself made up! Metafiction or what?

(No part of the bible was written "just over 1,000 years ago". The bible consists of various texts which took their present form at different times between 1,900 and 2,800 years ago.)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Michael OBrien

Peregrinus wrote: »
    And this post is itself made up! Metafiction or what?

(No part of the bible was written "just over 1,000 years ago". The bible consists of various texts which took their present form at different times between 1,900 and 2,800 years ago.)

While the last gospel was estimated to be written around 100 CE, there were additions and changes made after that. But I agree that it's unlikely anything was written just over 1000 years ago as far as the bible is concerned except of course for interpretations made by the different denominations like Martin Luther's editing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Yes, you've read that right. In an attempt to demonise RTE and show that secularism is an evil godless religion, the idiots writing articles for Alive have gone all weak in the knees over a recent spat between Miriam O'Callaghan and Choudary on Prime Time (in the February issue).

Describing Miriam as a proponent of the "secularist religion" and "trapped in a narrow, secularist view", despite herself being probably the most catholic and conservative of all RTE presenters, in a bloated contest Alive! has lambasted the views of RTE and the western world.

Some highlights:
    Alive! wrote:
    This was not a clash between secularism and Islam. As Choudary could see and O'Callaghan failed to see, it was about deep contradictions in secularism itself, issues we would still need to face, even if islam did not exist.

What kind of morality, for example, is enshrined in the "live and let live" value system? [a damned sight more than Alive!s one] Does justice or care for the poor fit into it? [given that Alive! is writing from a conservative catholic view, which hates justice and thinks the poor are there because of their own failings, this is a strange line to take] Does "let live" include the unborn [does the "pro-life" views of anti-abortionists mean they support the lives of living women over not yet living clumps of cells? Don't be silly, of course not. Life is only precious before it exists]

Modern secularist ideology has lead to as much evil as any system in history [a blatant lie, but then again Alive! has never broadcast the truth]

And my favourite, a veiled threat that all those who don't share Alive!s (lack of) values will be killed:
    The Paris attack brought forward that day of reckoning. RTE staff urgently need training in how to challenge this ideology [secularism]

How ****ed-up is this? Let me count the ways:
    1) Alive! is cheerleading an advocate of mass murder.
    2) Alive! is cheerleading an advocate of intolerant racism.
    3) Alive! is cheerleading an advocate of religious war, and the killing of non believers (of his personal religion).
    4) Alive! is demonising the one system of governance designed to protect their religious freedoms.
    5) Alive! is championing a man, who, if he ruled Ireland would have them all put up against a wall and shot, or worse.
    6) Alive! is calling Mrs. O'Callaghan a secularist.
    7) Alive! is grossly libelling secularism.
    I could go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Business as usual in the Alive office then

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got one of these through the door last week after moving to Carrick-On Shannon. Had never seen or heard of it before, it's hilarious but kind of terrifying too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

robindch wrote: »
    Dominos put -- I find the words hard to type -- pineapple on pizza dough:

http://www.dominos.ie/menu/

This is the work of the devil.

I thought this was the athiest forum?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

It is, but we like to keep an eye on the other lot all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Well, we do like to discuss the beauty of God's creation that is the Hawaiian pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,279 ✭✭✭✭Penn

lazygal wrote: »
    Well, we do like to discuss the beauty of God's creation that is the Hawaiian pizza.

God is not real. Hawaiian pizza is clearly man-made. No omnipotent deity would put pineapple on a pizza. Something like that can only be done by man, who is fallible.

#SeparationOfFruitAndPizza

Bad Horse wrote: »
    God is not real. Hawaiian pizza is clearly man-made. No omnipotent deity would put pineapple on a pizza. Something like that can only be done by man, who is fallible.

#SeparationOfFruitAndPizza

theleaderisgoodtheleaderisgreatpineappleonpizzaonmyplate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I'm certain that the man who invented pizza, Jim Pizza, would be horrified at the thought of pineapple on a pizza.

Apparently it was invented in Canada in the 60s.

Nah, Jim's cool. He also invented the Hawaiian pizza.
    #littleknownfacts #fidelmafacts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Pineapple or chicken on a pizza are the worst sin imaginable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Putting pineapple on a pizza is unnatural and it's not real pizza as god doesn't approve.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I like pineapple on pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Bacon and pepperoni on pizza is the best. Therefore, if there's a god, they don't care about keeping it kosher/halal, so that's Judaism and Islam disproven. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

With the one true Dog all things are possible, even pineapple on pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Bacon and pepperoni on pizza is the best. Therefore, if there's a god, they don't care about keeping it kosher/halal, so that's Judaism and Islam disproven. :pac:

Yeah, that banning muslims and jews from eating pork is way worse than the apple in the garden thing. Like apples are kind of mank and knowledge is over-rated but pork and bacon is the best food ever :D
    Putting pineapple on a pizza is unnatural and it's not real pizza as god doesn't approve.

These ananaphobic attacks need to end, if pineapple and pizza dough wish to co-habit then why should anyone wish to enforce discrimination against them!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,030 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

lazygal wrote: »
    Nah, Jim's cool. He also invented the Hawaiian pizza.
    #littleknownfacts #fidelmafacts

Pineapple on pizza is banned in at least two US states.*

* may not be true

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

If you want me to eat pineapple on my pizza, you should be prepared to eat pepperoni on your ice cream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Pineapple and Clonakilty black pudding on pizza.....mmmmmm
    <walks away whistling>

• Registered Users Posts: 17,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

looksee wrote: »
    I like pineapple on pizza

Go straight to jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect €200

• Registered Users Posts: 34,030 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Calibos wrote: »
    If you want me to eat pineapple on my pizza, you should be prepared to eat pepperoni on your ice cream.

Challenge Accepted

342654.jpg

Life ain't always empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Bacon and pepperoni on pizza is the best.

Nah, spicy tandoori chicken, with extra jalapenos.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,426 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Nearly had stewed plums and blue cheese on pizza tonight, but I repented at the last second and had duck instead. Must get to confession on Sunday after these unpure desires manifested themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I have never eaten pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Nodin wrote: »
    I have never eaten pizza.

I dont believe you :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

silverharp wrote: »
    I dont believe you :pac:

Tis true. Never eaten a Chinese or the like either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

You're last name isn't Flanders is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

How do you get your Dominos vouchers then?

Stopped getting those around the same time the aul' belly started to disappear!

Advertisement