Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

So.. I had a great weekend, following a great gym session and lovely walk home, Himself got home around 6.30pm and of course i was delighted to see him and of course one thing led to another..any way.. shortly afterwards I started to bleed and cue major panic stations.. :eek: I called drogheda and the midwife said come straight over to A&E..
    The triage nurse saw me straight away and did bloods and urine and take a seat and we'll get the doctor down to see you asap... 7 hours later.. I was seen and by that time the bleeding had stopped..
    The upside is I have a scan on Thursday morning and I got to hear baby's heartbeat for the first time. Everything was fine, thank god, except my poor dignity having to tell how it started..twice! :o It was like I was 14 caught behind the bike shed!! I couldn't believe myself :eek::pac:
    Anyway.. I was pampered yesterday and today I was home along again and the house has been cleaned to within an inch of its life !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

cbyrd wrote: »
    So.. I had a great weekend, following a great gym session and lovely walk home, Himself got home around 6.30pm and of course i was delighted to see him and of course one thing led to another..any way.. shortly afterwards I started to bleed and cue major panic stations.. :eek: I called drogheda and the midwife said come straight over to A&E..
    The triage nurse saw me straight away and did bloods and urine and take a seat and we'll get the doctor down to see you asap... 7 hours later.. I was seen and by that time the bleeding had stopped..
    The upside is I have a scan on Thursday morning and I got to hear baby's heartbeat for the first time. Everything was fine, thank god, except my poor dignity having to tell how it started..twice! :o It was like I was 14 caught behind the bike shed!! I couldn't believe myself :eek::pac:
    Anyway.. I was pampered yesterday and today I was home along again and the house has been cleaned to within an inch of its life !!

Jeez you poor thing with a 7 hour wait worrying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Going to get my hospital bag ready at the weekend. :) I'm at a loss as to what newborn nappies to get, they come in different sizes! Anyone got any advice? I was going to get a jumbo pack on Amazon but not sure if bubbas grow out of them very quickly/if it's a one-size-fits-all situation? Any help appreciated xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Must get my own hospital bag ready this week, my SIL who was due 12days before me is in Labour at the moment and I am panickin now only 30days left x

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Brilliant. Have forwarded to my OH. Had never heard of the dad-skin-on-skin thing before! Hope I get there first tho! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Merkin wrote: »
    Going to get my hospital bag ready at the weekend. :) I'm at a loss as to what newborn nappies to get, they come in different sizes! Anyone got any advice? I was going to get a jumbo pack on Amazon but not sure if bubbas grow out of them very quickly/if it's a one-size-fits-all situation? Any help appreciated xx

Every baby is different size wise so different nappies suit.
    With no 1 I could use any nappy except boots (others swear by them) until she started moving more. So I just bought what ever was cheapest. Once she started moving more only pampers worked, she is slim though.
    With no 2 I got a few aldi size 1's. He was 7lb 14oz. They were fine, a few leaks.. Got some pampers size 1's on offer and they were a bit smaller so fitted better. When he got bigger I started using the aldi again and no problems. He is now in size 2. I use aldi (as that's where we shop) during the day and pampers at night as he has longer stretches. I find the pampers baby dry are more absorbent than pampers new born. So he gets a pampers baby dry at 7.30 as he sleeps until 12 then another pampers baby dry until 6 or 7. Then aldi nappies during the day.
    I stock up when pampers are on offer (weekend before childrens allowance normally) for toddler but will use aldi as long as I can for baba.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks so much Suucee. Probably best on holding out on buying a jumbo box until I see what size actually fits the little guy, thanks for the info! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Thanks so much Suucee. Probably best on holding out on buying a jumbo box until I see what size actually fits the little guy, thanks for the info! :)

Tesco had the small bags of pampers on special offer yesterday. I got the newborn sensitive size 1. Two little bags with 23 each I think. I'll check they fit then send hubby to get more. No point wasting money if they aren't suitable. Also not much difference between size 1 and 2. 5-11lb vs 7-15lb or something similar. My hospital bag list from Wexford actually recommends size 2 if you are expecting a biggish baby. I know it's not very good value to be buying small quantities but I figure I've 18+ years of budgeting to provide for a child, a few weeks of buying for convenience until I get more organised isn't the end of the world!!

Where can you buy bra extenders? I got a prof fitting, bought a couple of dear ones, didn't like them, then went cheap and bought 2 new different style bras in Dunnes, never tried them on at the time as needed in a hurry for hols and wore straight away while I was away and they are still both too tight! :o Have since heard about these magic bra extenders but not sure where to buy them apart from Debenhams but none near me. Rather pick up in town if possible asap but otherwise, will go online... Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

I got a pack of three bra extenders in the underwear section of Penny's for a couple of euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Get the bra extenders anywhere that's does a good bra fitting service debenhams do them not that expensive and are a God send

tishandy wrote: »
    I got a pack of three bra extenders in the underwear section of Penny's for a couple of euro.

Oh great! I never even knew they existed tilo this forum! :o Needless to say boob size never changed before now and they sound like a brill idea! :D

Had my scan this morning at 8.30, ITS A GIRL !!!!saw her sleep with her hand behind her head, just like i do! She gave a big yawn and a stretch and then went mad jumping around the place.. oh god it was so cute! :D

She weighs about 8ozs and she's perfect so far, her big sisters are thrilled as after 2 mentaller boys they're looking forward to the girlie stuff again!! They're going through the name book now coming up with suggestions!! oh so happy :D

Had my scan this morning at 8.30, ITS A GIRL !!!!saw her sleep with her hand behind her head, just like i do! She gave a big yawn and a stretch and then went mad jumping around the place.. oh god it was so cute! :D

She weighs about 8ozs and she's perfect so far, her big sisters are thrilled as after 2 mentaller boys they're looking forward to the girlie stuff again!! They're going through the name book now coming up with suggestions!! oh so happy :D

Huge congrats!!!:D:D:D

Oh I am so happy for you cbyrd! :) What a little munchkin, she sounds absolutely adorable, congrats xx

Congrats , that's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

oh so tiny!

anybody know is there Wi-fi, free or not, in Holles Street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

cbyrd I'm delighted for you :D

I don't think any of the Dublin hospitals have Wifi... I know Rotunda and Coombe definitely don't.

Due date tomorrow! Loads of Braxton Hicks, periods type pains and all sorts of indicators I'm nearly there but I sense he's not going to make an appearance for a while yet!

• Advertisement

How EXCITING!! Are the BHs sore Smokey? Please keep us posted xx

How EXCITING!! Are the BHs sore Smokey? Please keep us posted xx

For me by belly gets very tight, especially across the top and it's almost that I feel a bit breathless or squeezed and then dies off, it's not sore at all just a little odd and no one would know I'm having them unless I say it!

I've an appointment next Weds if I don't go before then so they'll make plans to induce me, possibly taking me in Weds itself or at latest it'll be next weekend!:eek:

I get BHs a lot too and was curious as to whether they become more painful closer to due date.

Awwww, it's so close now for you. Hope you're feeling well and that you've a good delivery, you're going to get to meet your little one very soon!!:)

I get BHs a lot too and was curious as to whether they become more painful closer to due date.

Awwww, it's so close now for you. Hope you're feeling well and that you've a good delivery, you're going to get to meet your little one very soon!!:)

It's not having any control over the labour bit that's the hardest part! Trying to stay relaxed and focused and aware that I'll just go with the flow, I may need a c-section or other help etc. and I just need to stay calm!

I've been having the braxtion hicks for about a month, i'm only 4 months.. they do get stronger but mostly because you're getting bigger. With all mine, i went over by 2 weeks except the first, she was 7 days late.. whenever i phoned the hospital to say i think i'm having contractions they'd tell me to have a hot bath and if i was still contracting to come in..

I did this automatically with my 4th ... only problem, i was in labour and my waters went in the bath!! I didn't realise but the pains died down, just one every now and again.. i ended up in full labour that night but they were gouging baby's head trying to break my waters... it wasn't until the doc did a quick scan to see what was going on that we realised what was going on !!Cue panic stations to get him out asap... My 4th.. god .. did i feel like a plonker !! not knowing i was in labour for 14 hours and my waters had broken :o

They had offered on my due date to bring me in and induce me a week later, but i said, 'em,.. i've plans til x day so i'll wait til baby's ready..!' I was told that was the first time in his 22 years he'd heard that !!:pac: I'm due on the 13th of Nov.. but i have forewarned everyone it'll be closer to the 27th..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

going for 4d scan today, episode 3 lol
    first time baby was asleep, nothing would wake him
    second time we got one good picture which was side profile, i must say the girls in ballincollig are great, the first day they asked for 50 euro, i guess in case you dnt go back for the second one, on my second trip they said i can settle up next time
    so fingers crossed he is lively today, cans of coke at the ready

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    It's not having any control over the labour bit that's the hardest part! Trying to stay relaxed and focused and aware that I'll just go with the flow, I may need a c-section or other help etc. and I just need to stay calm!

That's just it, stay calm my dear and if you are prepared to go with the flow and keep your mind focused on the end prize you will be fine. I'm not far behind you in weeks and it's also my first. I'm Zen about it most of the time and then I have moments of complete OMG!!!:eek: Two important things though. Labour doesn't go on forever, it's for a short period of time on the grand scheme of things. Secondly, it's that final hurdle of hard work in order to meet our darling, much loved little bubba at the end of it and that in itself has to be the best reward ever!:) You'll be fine Smokey, I bet the little one can't wait to come!!xx
    going for 4d scan today, episode 3 lol
    first time baby was asleep, nothing would wake him
    second time we got one good picture which was side profile, i must say the girls in ballincollig are great, the first day they asked for 50 euro, i guess in case you dnt go back for the second one, on my second trip they said i can settle up next time
    so fingers crossed he is lively today, cans of coke at the ready

Oh you luck girl, I loved our 4D scan! Our little chap had his feet up over his head and his little Crown Jewels on display, there's no way of knowing what they'll do on the day! The sugary drink is a great idea and I also stood up for a short while and swayed my hips like I was hoola hooping and that helped him move his little feet so we'd a better look. Be prepared to do all sorts of contortions as they are quite good about moving for you. Enjoy every moment, I really enjoyed ours!

That's just it, stay calm my dear and if you are prepared to go with the flow and keep your mind focused on the end prize you will be fine. I'm not far behind you in weeks and it's also my first. I'm Zen about it most of the time and then I have moments of complete OMG!!!:eek: Two important things though. Labour doesn't go on forever, it's for a short period of time on the grand scheme of things. Secondly, it's that final hurdle of hard work in order to meet our darling, much loved little bubba at the end of it and that in itself has to be the best reward ever!:) You'll be fine Smokey, I bet the little one can't wait to come!!xx

Oh you luck girl, I loved our 4D scan! Our little chap had his feet up over his head and his little Crown Jewels on display, there's no way of knowing what they'll do on the day! The sugary drink is a great idea and I also stood up for a short while and swayed my hips like I was hoola hooping and that helped him move his little feet so we'd a better look. Be prepared to do all sorts of contortions as they are quite good about moving for you. Enjoy every moment, I really enjoyed ours!

Ah thanks Merkin!! Can't wait to meet him:D

Our 4d scan is amazing too, one of our prized possessions now! I got one of the personalised cards off Funky Pigeon that's from the bump and has that pic on it for Father's Day tomorrow, fiance will love it:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Can't see the point myself!

The measuring scoops etc is the annoying part of formula preparation, the machine doesn't remove this.

Also it serves at body temp every time. Not good if kid is out and about ... our boy likes warm bottles, but is also fine with room temperature, brilliant for if I want to get out of the house! Wouldn't want him to get used to getting warm feeds all the time as its just not practical. /evilmom :o

Advertisement