Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,220 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Who is Geena? Another sister?

Had to double check it to make sure. Because to me Geena looks more like she could be Noreen's Daughter.

But, Geena is one of the famous snobby 'well-to-do' Kennedy's that Dee used to pal around with when she was younger.

https://rosnarun.com/deirdre-daly/?lang=en

"The Kennedys owned the fish factory in which Noreen worked and Deirdre became very friendly with their daughter.
    They had a big house and plenty of money to spend on trinkets and dresses. Deirdre went everywhere with them, living the life of riley – which caused her younger sister Katy to be severely jealous.
    As well as that Katy was pining after John Joe but Deirdre prefered Ferdia. Ferdia could be depended on, he was a man to admire as far as Dee was concerned."

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

The episode was OK. But I really struggle when those 'Faoi Taobh De's' Geena and Noreen were talking to each other. Without subtitles.

Even though the actresses who play Geena and Noreen speak in the overacting manner. Which should make it clearer. I still struggled. Really hard to tune into, when both are speaking Donegal Irish like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

Aha, Rory called Francis a gold digger. Another motive for him .... his father's money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

If Malachai has so much money he could have bought Frances a new engagement ring instead of recycling his first wife's ring. I wouldn't be surprised now if Rory tries to offer it to Michelle

julyjane wrote: »
    If Malachai has so much money he could have bought Frances a new engagement ring instead of recycling his first wife's ring. I wouldn't be surprised now if Rory tries to offer it to Michelle

I think in the world of RnR sentiment > any common sense. It is a great call on Rory using the ring to get Michelle back.

Plus no doubt it will backfire spectacularly and he will wonder why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Hatshepsut

I think in the world of RnR sentiment > any common sense. It is a great call on Rory using the ring to get Michelle back.

Plus no doubt it will backfire spectacularly and he will wonder why.

I thought it was a great episode last night and now the attention turns to Ruairi and Briain as the 2 chief murder suspects. It's going to be interesting. Still no heat on Emma though, she's still not in the clear in my mind and that one is fit for anything.
    Aine is a great little actress, I think she's been doing a great job.
    I felt for Mo when she had her dizzy spell in the pub, I really hope the pregnancy goes well for her. A nice scene upstairs with her and Tadhg esp when he said he was looking forward to becoming a grandad again and when he gave Aine Frances's engagement ring on the chain.
    Ros na Run is the best soap on tv - for me anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

Hard to believe the girl that plays Emma is only late 20s you'd think she was 40 the way she's styled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Ceist eile.... who is Ronan?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Dee is going down the Gone Girl route

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ceist eile.... who is Ronan?

One of the kids who used to live in the Teaghlach a few years ago before Pól burned it down. So David used to be his social worker. He also worked part-time in Keanes for awhile with Micheal.

When the Teaghlach kids were relocated to Galway or wherever, he kind of had no reason to be knocking about Ros na Rún anymore.

Once they turn 18 they can't live in the Teaghlach anymore. I reckon he's maybe about 19 or 20 at this stage and by the looks of it has been living rough for some time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Imelda is really working hard on the investigation

Just noticed Ros na Rún posted a video reminding who Rónán is... pretty much just what I said above

One of the kids who used to live in the Teaghlach a few years ago before Pól burned it down. So David used to be his social worker. He also worked part-time in Keanes for awhile with Micheal.

When the Teaghlach kids were relocated to Galway or wherever, he kind of had no reason to be knocking about Ros na Rún anymore.

Once they turn 18 they can't live in the Teaghlach anymore. I reckon he's maybe about 19 or 20 at this stage and by the looks of it has been living rough for some time.

That is what I was thinking makes sense. Could not find proper info. Character first appeared in 2016

Thanks. You have a great memory!

Has anyone seen the Christmas RTE guide? There's a few spoilers in it

No but I might buy it now ðŸ˜႒

I'd post it here but I have an old phone that's crap at spoiler tags but if you don't want to part with €4.20 and you happen to be glancing through it in a shop it's on the top corner of page 45.

It mentions Charlie's pregnancy too, did she and Colm go through with the donor insemination in a the end? I must be very forgetful

I can't remember how things were left with Colm and Charlie actually...

Did he give her permission to use the embryos?

I can't remember how things were left with Colm and Charlie actually...

Did he give her permission to use the embryos?

Yep with Mo's blessing.

They will probably both end up pregnant now at the same time!

• Advertisement

Ceannfort O'Shea won't be going to many yoga classes for a while, even if Briain moves them after 7pm.

Don't suppose it says when its on over Christmas in that RTÉ Guide, does it?

Episode on Tuesday as usual, but not seeing it on the schedule for xmas eve. They've never missed an episode due to xmas or anything before, always goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays without fail, but maybe with the crazy year that was in it they needed to drop a few episodes at some point. Or maybe I'm just blind and can't see it.

only on Tuesday the 22nd and 29th according to the RTE guide.

only on Tuesday the 22nd and 29th according to the RTE guide.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

There's a special about Máire and Peadar on Christmas Eve.

Ros na Rún social media pages are hinting about a new character from Dublin who likes music, I wonder if it's someone well known? The RTE guide mentions a friend of Niall called Luke showing up so it's probably him.

I'm watching a few episodes on YouTube from series 1, Catriona agus Peadar on the beer together in Boston

Just watched the Maire and Peadar special episode. I really enjoyed it. I often wondered how Liam died, I never knew about the fire. Very sad.

I was a bit confused by the scene where Berni was telling them she was pregnant and Maire was saying they weren't married yet, as on the last season I watched on youtube they had just gotten married (after she tricked him into showing up) and she wasn't pregnant and there was no baby. Can anyone fill me in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Right, I'm going by my memories from having watched it at the time, so I'm a little vague. Bernie & Liam were dating (possibly married. They married young) but I think they broke up / had a row or something so Liam being the mature adult he was, decided to feck off travelling (many to Oz) with I think Tom's sister or Vanessa? While he was gone, Bernie realised she was pregnant and asked Marie & Peadar not to say anything to Liam. They moved her into a flat (maybe over the shop) and she worked in the pub. Eventually Liam had enough gallivanting and returned home like the prodigal son where he eventually saw a very heavily pregnant Bernie

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭CassieManson

After the church wedding it became apparent that the wedding was not valid legally because they hadn't given enough notice. They were supposed to have another wedding but I don't think it ever happened.

• Advertisement

Just watched the Maire and Peadar special episode. I really enjoyed it. I often wondered how Liam died, I never knew about the fire. Very sad.

I knew there was a fire but I did not realise the circumstances that it was heroic.
    Saving Séamus and Collí, it was like a film ending.

Then I realised that Liam wanted to be a film star from episode 1. I wonder were the writers thinking of that when they wrote the ending?

The full arc:

From a selfish, immature, wannabe film star
    To actual responsible selfless 'real life' hero.

Advertisement