Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco Mobile

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Btw - is the new pricing for out-of-bundle data now on the Tesco Mobile website? Just wondering!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

byrnefm wrote: »
    Btw - is the new pricing for out-of-bundle data now on the Tesco Mobile website? Just wondering!

Yes its updated here

http://www.tescomobile.ie/other-call-charges.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭ucsie

Hi Paul,

I have a 1GB bundle, 889MB remaining, but I don't have any internet connection. It's been 4-5 days already. Is there any network issue?

I'm very annoyed, since I'm paying for a service that I'm not getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Despite the good news on the data/mb cost, I've been trialing this over the past 2 weeks -and it's very frustrating as the product offering on paper suits my needs. My motivation is data use - simply for email. I access this in the one location most of the time. With vodafone, there was no issue with connectivity. However, with Tesco, it was cumbersome last week (webmail was impossible to open most of the time -but the email client on my phone worked). This week, I simply can't send emails - and receiving is far from straightforward. Last week, was showing as HSDPA. Now showing as 'edge' (in precisely the same location).

The weird thing is that a buddy of mine - who is also with Tesco mobile - can access web pages on his Samsung Galaxy from the exact same location - without issue. We put the phones side by side - he opened up a webpage. At the same time, I tried to open one and it just timed out (using a Toshiba TG01 running Windows Mobile 6.5). How can this be??

If I can't find a solution to the above, I simply have no choice but to go back to vodafone....

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭greenoverred

Tried to register for a sim only, pay monthly plan. Had to order a micro sim by phone as you cant order them on line. When it arrived I contacted customer service for the porting and set up the plan. Was ported and then told I was set up on a pay as you go plan. So I had to wait till porting was complete before I could try and set up the pay monthly plan online. When this was completed I was told I had to wait 3 days for an activation code. So no phone for 3 days unless I buy credit. Tried to do this and was told a problem with debit card, to contact bank. Same card as I used earlier to set up the pay monthly plan. Anyway after all this customer service is now closed so cant buy credit.

PS. All of which Paul is currently sorting out. Great servive from this lad.

Thanks again Paul

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Switched to Tesco Mobile 2 weeks ago and so far so good, the customer service unlike the idiots in Meteor (eMobile aren't that good either) are knowledgeable and not trying to get you off the phone as quickly as possible and best of all your not on hold on the phone for over an hour as was the case with Meteor!!

Have a question though - ive used all my bonus credit and have about €7 normal credit left, as i said only been with Tesco Mobile 2 weeks, given it's less than a month if i top up €20 again will my free webtexts be reset to 200 and 50 International webtexts or do i need to wait until the month finishes cos if i do i just wont top up for another 2 weeks.

Cheers

PS- One thing - have Tesco been having some trouble with Internet lately, sometimes it comes across as being very slow despite being in Dublin City Centre where you would assume it would be fast??

Hi Paul,

Something odd appears to have kicked in with the new 2c / MB charges today on my account. I sent an MMS to my mum (who is on O2) and I ended up getting charged for an MMS + 4 x 2c internet charges. Now I know 8c isn't much but the weird thing was that for whatever reason that this data usage came out of my phone by sending an MMS, the total data for the 4 x 2c was 10kb. I thought it was 2c/MB?

Two things stood out about the sending of MMSes (besides all the 2c charges)
    - the MMS would not send for 75 minutes for whatever reason and during this time, I got charges for GPRS
    - the not-sending of MMSs successfully on the first attempt seems to be a fairly regular occurrence for me in Letterkenny. I had full "3.5G" coverage at the time this evening.
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 16, 2012 7:33:03 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 1,774 Bytes EUR0.02
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 16, 2012 7:48:06 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 463 Bytes EUR0.02
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 16, 2012 8:04:59 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 6,617 Bytes EUR0.02
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 16, 2012 8:21:06 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 2,418 Bytes EUR0.02
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 16, 2012 8:45:07 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 0 Bytes EUR0.00
    MMS Apr 16, 2012 8:45:26 PM 35386xxxxxxx National calls to mobile network 226,383 Bytes EUR0.20

Would you know why I was getting charged 8c for only 10kb usage? That would seem to imply a much higher charge than 2c/MB!

Thanks in advance for your help, as ever! If you need any further details to help, please let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

Tried to register for a sim only, pay monthly plan. Had to order a micro sim by phone as you cant order them on line. When it arrived I contacted customer service for the porting and set up the plan. Was ported and then told I was set up on a pay as you go plan. So I had to wait till porting was complete before I could try and set up the pay monthly plan online. When this was completed I was told I had to wait 3 days for an activation code. So no phone for 3 days unless I buy credit. Tried to do this and was told a problem with debit card, to contact bank. Same card as I used earlier to set up the pay monthly plan. Anyway after all this customer service is now closed so cant buy credit. Sorry Paul but this is just to much hassle for my liking. The least I expect when things are going wrong is the CS staff to try and help. They dont seem to be bothered
    Hi paul is this normal, 3 days ?,I need my a phone for work three days without a working number is disaster?

Uxue wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

I have a 1GB bundle, 889MB remaining, but I don't have any internet connection. It's been 4-5 days already. Is there any network issue?

I'm very annoyed, since I'm paying for a service that I'm not getting.

Hi there

What phone have you? Have you got the correct settings for the phone?

regards
    Paul

Despite the good news on the data/mb cost, I've been trialing this over the past 2 weeks -and it's very frustrating as the product offering on paper suits my needs. My motivation is data use - simply for email. I access this in the one location most of the time. With vodafone, there was no issue with connectivity. However, with Tesco, it was cumbersome last week (webmail was impossible to open most of the time -but the email client on my phone worked). This week, I simply can't send emails - and receiving is far from straightforward. Last week, was showing as HSDPA. Now showing as 'edge' (in precisely the same location).

The weird thing is that a buddy of mine - who is also with Tesco mobile - can access web pages on his Samsung Galaxy from the exact same location - without issue. We put the phones side by side - he opened up a webpage. At the same time, I tried to open one and it just timed out (using a Toshiba TG01 running Windows Mobile 6.5). How can this be??

If I can't find a solution to the above, I simply have no choice but to go back to vodafone....

Hi there

Can you check if your SIM has 3G written on the back of it.

There are no other sim specific items related to data so if your friends service works correctly at the same location then it must be the device.

As an outside possibility you could contact care to have a SIM swap done. If you get the SIM in advance this will speed things up. You can get a free one here.

http://shop.tescomobile.ie/free-international-sims.aspx

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement

Tried to register for a sim only, pay monthly plan. Had to order a micro sim by phone as you cant order them on line. When it arrived I contacted customer service for the porting and set up the plan. Was ported and then told I was set up on a pay as you go plan. So I had to wait till porting was complete before I could try and set up the pay monthly plan online. When this was completed I was told I had to wait 3 days for an activation code. So no phone for 3 days unless I buy credit. Tried to do this and was told a problem with debit card, to contact bank. Same card as I used earlier to set up the pay monthly plan. Anyway after all this customer service is now closed so cant buy credit. Sorry Paul but this is just to much hassle for my liking. The least I expect when things are going wrong is the CS staff to try and help. They dont seem to be bothered

Please PM me your details and I will take a look. We can sort this out.

regards
    Paul

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Switched to Tesco Mobile 2 weeks ago and so far so good, the customer service unlike the idiots in Meteor (eMobile aren't that good either) are knowledgeable and not trying to get you off the phone as quickly as possible and best of all your not on hold on the phone for over an hour as was the case with Meteor!!

Have a question though - ive used all my bonus credit and have about €7 normal credit left, as i said only been with Tesco Mobile 2 weeks, given it's less than a month if i top up €20 again will my free webtexts be reset to 200 and 50 International webtexts or do i need to wait until the month finishes cos if i do i just wont top up for another 2 weeks.

Cheers

PS- One thing - have Tesco been having some trouble with Internet lately, sometimes it comes across as being very slow despite being in Dublin City Centre where you would assume it would be fast??

On Webtext for PAYG this is how it works
    - the balance resets on the 1st of each month to 200 domestic and 50 international webtexts
    - to be able to use this free balance you need to have topped up by 10 eur in the last 30 days
    - it doesnt matter if you topup again in 10 days the balance still resets on the first of the month i.e. you only get 250 texts per month not per 10e topup.
    - once you go outside 30 days you can use the webtext service but you will be charged (it wont come from the free balance)

for Pay Monthly its slightly different
    - the 200 domestic and 50 international webtexts resets with your billcycle
    - once you run out it will then go to your text allowance and then be charged

Yes, we are having some speed issues at peak time presently. We are working hard to resolve over the next week to 10 days so please bear with us.

regards
    Paul

Hi Paul,

Something odd appears to have kicked in with the new 2c / MB charges today on my account. I sent an MMS to my mum (who is on O2) and I ended up getting charged for an MMS + 4 x 2c internet charges. Now I know 8c isn't much but the weird thing was that for whatever reason that this data usage came out of my phone by sending an MMS, the total data for the 4 x 2c was 10kb. I thought it was 2c/MB?

Two things stood out about the sending of MMSes (besides all the 2c charges)
    - the MMS would not send for 75 minutes for whatever reason and during this time, I got charges for GPRS
    - the not-sending of MMSs successfully on the first attempt seems to be a fairly regular occurrence for me in Letterkenny. I had full "3.5G" coverage at the time this evening.

Would you know why I was getting charged 8c for only 10kb usage? That would seem to imply a much higher charge than 2c/MB!

Thanks in advance for your help, as ever! If you need any further details to help, please let me know.

Hi there

We will look into this, Can you PM me yor number. You should not be charged for MMS data at all.

The speed maybe as a result of our current issue which should be resolved over the next week to 10 days.

The charging is 2c per MB or part thereof so if a single session is smaller than 1mb it is still a 2c charge. In reality most data sessions on a phone are over long periods so this does not generally come into play as a factor.

regards
    Paul

Hi there

We will look into this, Can you PM me yor number. You should not be charged for MMS data at all.

The speed maybe as a result of our current issue which should be resolved over the next week to 10 days.

The charging is 2c per MB or part thereof so if a single session is smaller than 1mb it is still a 2c charge. In reality most data sessions on a phone are over long periods so this does not generally come into play as a factor.

regards
    Paul

Thanks Paul - I've PM'd you my number.

Hi Paul. Thanks for taking the time out to respond.
    Can you check if your SIM has 3G written on the back of it.
    Yes - it has "3G SIM" written on the circuit board side of the sim.
    There are no other sim specific items related to data so if your friends service works correctly at the same location then it must be the device.
    Perhaps there is something in that. However, I have tried it in a another brand of phone - and again, it shows as 'edge' - not HSDPA or 3G (HSDPA would be fine for my needs).

I have now switched back to vodafone - and this works seamlessly as it has done for 18 months now. It's not showing 3G but it is showing HSDPA - and that works perfectly fine for my needs (i.e. accessing gmail via the browser (webmail) and accessing another email a/c via the phone's email client.

As an outside possibility you could contact care to have a SIM swap done. If you get the SIM in advance this will speed things up. You can get a free one here.
    http://shop.tescomobile.ie/free-international-sims.aspx
    Based on the info above, you still think this would be worth trying?

Perhaps there is something in that. However, I have tried it in a another brand of phone - and again, it shows as 'edge' - not HSDPA or 3G (HSDPA would be fine for my needs).

I have now switched back to vodafone - and this works seamlessly as it has done for 18 months now. It's not showing 3G but it is showing HSDPA - and that works perfectly fine for my needs (i.e. accessing gmail via the browser (webmail) and accessing another email a/c via the phone's email client.

It is worth trying the SIM swap. On rare occasions I have seen this resolve peculiar issues.

thanks
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 39 n3lly

Network performance out in Dun Laoghaire has stalled completely.

Below is a screen shot of the (not so impressive) ping. But more worryingly the lack of upload speed full stop.

speed+test.png

Network has been sufficient so far, nothing too impressive but haven't had a reason to complain as such until now. Not really complaining just making you aware in case no one else bothers :)

Thanks as always for your help Paul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

n3lly wrote: »
    speed+test.png

Been googling for Chinese girlies?

It is worth trying the SIM swap. On rare occasions I have seen this resolve peculiar issues.

thanks
    Paul
    Ok, thanks. Is there any chance they will just swap this out for me at customer service - at my local Tesco?

<EDIT> I just got a buddy's tesco mobile sim - and swapped it out. It was showing as HSDPA yesterday - but today, it's showing as EDGE - in exactly the same location as yesterday. Tried it on his phone - and while it loaded, it loaded very slowly (slower than it had done on his phone yesterday). Swapped it over to my phone - and the same problem. Can't open gmail webmail.

I guess that's the end of the road. Thanks for your help - but it looks like I will have to stick with vodafone. I have the tesco sim - so I guess I can check back in here in six months and see if there have been any changes to the network - and maybe test with that sim again...</EDIT>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

On Webtext for PAYG this is how it works
    - the balance resets on the 1st of each month to 200 domestic and 50 international webtexts
    - to be able to use this free balance you need to have topped up by 10 eur in the last 30 days
    - it doesnt matter if you topup again in 10 days the balance still resets on the first of the month i.e. you only get 250 texts per month not per 10e topup.
    - once you go outside 30 days you can use the webtext service but you will be charged (it wont come from the free balance)

for Pay Monthly its slightly different
    - the 200 domestic and 50 international webtexts resets with your billcycle
    - once you run out it will then go to your text allowance and then be charged

Yes, we are having some speed issues at peak time presently. We are working hard to resolve over the next week to 10 days so please bear with us.

regards
    Paul

Thanks for the response ill top up next week anyway.

No problems with Internet today though so that is good.:)

• Advertisement

Ok, thanks. Is there any chance they will just swap this out for me at customer service - at my local Tesco?

<EDIT> I just got a buddy's tesco mobile sim - and swapped it out. It was showing as HSDPA yesterday - but today, it's showing as EDGE - in exactly the same location as yesterday. Tried it on his phone - and while it loaded, it loaded very slowly (slower than it had done on his phone yesterday). Swapped it over to my phone - and the same problem. Can't open gmail webmail.

I guess that's the end of the road. Thanks for your help - but it looks like I will have to stick with vodafone. I have the tesco sim - so I guess I can check back in here in six months and see if there have been any changes to the network - and maybe test with that sim again...</EDIT>

OK sorry that we couldnt sort it out

regards
    Paul

n3lly wrote: »
    Network performance out in Dun Laoghaire has stalled completely.

Below is a screen shot of the (not so impressive) ping. But more worryingly the lack of upload speed full stop.

speed+test.png

Network has been sufficient so far, nothing too impressive but haven't had a reason to complain as such until now. Not really complaining just making you aware in case no one else bothers :)

Thanks as always for your help Paul.

Yes, as acknoweldged earlier we are having some data speed issues at peak times. The ping times are poor and that is skewing speed test results.

We are working on this (we know th resolution) and will have resolved in the week to 10 days. Once fixed data speeds will return to a more consistent 700-1,400kbps with 80-150 ms pings

regards
    Paul

Hi
    Ported over from bill pay 02, great service no waiting, twitter, this boards site, very well handled, took less then 60 minutes in the end, tesco mobile site simple and clear to understand, so far highly commended, thanks paul,Maria, Brenda

I was with o2 before tesco sometimes speed were brilliant some times not so, the network mode setting on my HTC desire s seemed to have affect at the minute
    its on GSM/wcdma auto, and the 3g bar constantly changes with h over top of it showing just over 945kbps in suburbs of galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,104 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

not sure if that's necessarily the case - I checked my usage there to see if paying per MB would be a practical option (I currently buy the 1GB bundle but rarely use more than 200MB).

Yesterday alone I had 58 sessions, most under 100K - I have an android phone, 3G kills the battery so I have it setup to disconnect when not in use, probably a common configuration for Android users (not sure how iOS manages the 3g connection). So definitely not cheaper than a bundle if Tesco charge per connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

Hi

Just wondering do you know if ye will be ranging the Sony xperia p?

billbond4 wrote: »
    Hi

Just wondering do you know if ye will be ranging the Sony xperia p?

Hi bill,

Its not in the immediate plans but that could change.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

Cheers for the info Paul

chris1970 wrote: »
    I was with o2 before tesco sometimes speed were brilliant some times not so, the network mode setting on my HTC desire s seemed to have affect at the minute
    its on GSM/wcdma auto, and the 3g bar constantly changes with h over top of it showing just over 945kbps in suburbs of galway
    Thanks for the info Chris. I guess it's something that's specific to the location where I need to use the service the most relative to the base station that's servicing that location. Clearly, the vodafone setup locally facilitates that more successfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭jizzyboner

Hi Paul

Just a quick query. I have a spare unlocked Blackberry and just wondered if it's just the data service you don't support on a Blackberry, or is it the phone itself?

Would I be right in thinking I can use it for calls and texts, just not for data. Is BIS likely to be supported in the future?

Thanks

Pat

No, an unlocked phone with the cirrect settings should work fine. The only data service we dont support is Blackberry as we dont have BIS. Otherwise our data is fully open. We dont block tethering.

APN is tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com

regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Arbuzas

I was with Vodafone for many years and just recently switched to Tesco Mobile because I think it has best prices for internet prices, and these days everyone is online. Anyway, double credits problem: http://www.tescomobile.ie/double-credit.aspx

Quote from the page "[..] The Top Up that you paid for is only used once your bonus credit has run out or expires. [..]"

So I top-up 10 euros, got my 10 bonus and ordered 30 Day Data Bundle (same day) and surprise surprise it charged €6.99 from my Top Up not from the bonus credit. So that is bit false advertising because it does not say anywhere on the page that Data Bundle will be charged from the Top Up and not Bonus credit first. You should ether fix this or put some message on the page, because that was main reason why I switched and now bit disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 n3lly

Been googling for Chinese girlies?

haha I knew someone would pick up on the advert. I'm pretty sure the ads on the app are generic as none have ever been accurate. Was tempted to wait for it to change to something else but wasn't arsed :)

Thanks Paul, wasn't aware there were problems. All good so. Try to keep up with the thread but only pop back every now and again so miss some of the posts.

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 24 oneteu

Arbuzas wrote: »
    "...So I top-up 10 euros, got my 10 bonus and ordered 30 Day Data Bundle (same day) and surprise surprise it charged €6.99 from my Top Up not from the bonus credit. So that is bit false advertising because it does not say anywhere on the page that Data Bundle will be charged from the Top Up and not Bonus credit first. You should ether fix this or put some message on the page, because that was main reason why I switched and now bit disappointed..."
    "...http://www.tescomobile.ie/tcs-pay-as-you-go.aspx
      • 1.3 Web Surf Data Bundles
        You may purchase one of our great value Web Surf bundles listed below from your credit balance at any time, provided you have enough credit available. If you do not have enough credit you will need to top up your credit first.
      • (a) 50 MB bundle for €0.79 valid for 24 hours from purchase
      • (b) 350 MB bundle for €2.99 valid for 7 days from purchase
      • (c) 1GB (1024MB) bundle for €6.99 valid for 30 days from purchase
      • 1.3.1 You can buy a bundle in the following ways:
      • (a) For a 24 hour bundle - Send a blank text to 174209. The Cost of the bundle is deducted from your credit balance
      • (b) For a 7 day bundle - Send a blank text to 174210. The Cost of the bundle is deducted from your credit balance
      • (c) For a 30 day bundle - Send a blank text to 174211. The Cost of the bundle is deducted from your credit balance..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Webtext down? Getting a 404 error.

manutd83 wrote: »
    if you remember i was asking about htc

Sorry to correct what I said earleir we will be ranging the HTC Explorer shortly.

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement

jizzyboner wrote: »
    Hi Paul

Just a quick query. I have a spare unlocked Blackberry and just wondered if it's just the data service you don't support on a Blackberry, or is it the phone itself?

Would I be right in thinking I can use it for calls and texts, just not for data. Is BIS likely to be supported in the future?

Thanks

Pat

Hi Pat,

Calls and texts will work fine. Data services wont work for the most part.

regards
    Paul

Arbuzas wrote: »
    I was with Vodafone for many years and just recently switched to Tesco Mobile because I think it has best prices for internet prices, and these days everyone is online. Anyway, double credits problem: http://www.tescomobile.ie/double-credit.aspx

Quote from the page "[..] The Top Up that you paid for is only used once your bonus credit has run out or expires. [..]"

So I top-up 10 euros, got my 10 bonus and ordered 30 Day Data Bundle (same day) and surprise surprise it charged €6.99 from my Top Up not from the bonus credit. So that is bit false advertising because it does not say anywhere on the page that Data Bundle will be charged from the Top Up and not Bonus credit first. You should ether fix this or put some message on the page, because that was main reason why I switched and now bit disappointed.

Sorry if you felt this wasnt clear enough. I will relay your feedback to the team here.

regards
    Paul

morgana wrote: »
    Webtext down? Getting a 404 error.

There were some issues for a short period earlier but should eb OK now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭lavine7

There were some issues for a short period earlier but should eb OK now.

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found coming up in the webtext section online and I can't send webtexts through the app on my phone, they keep coming up as failed!

Still have an error with web-text. How long before this can be solved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭GIMP

Ya still not working for me either!!

• Advertisement

GIMP wrote: »
    Ya still not working for me either!!

Apologies...should be fixed shortly..

Webtext working now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 P.S.

Thank you Paul for your help.

I called your (tesco) helpline several times and nobody could help me with setting up my phone for internet.
    They did "everything" to help...
    One gent even asked me to fill all the blank lines in my settings.
    Ladies (3) sent me setting etc....

They all forgot to mention about switching roamning data ON.

Please mention that to your team over there.

Many thanks
    P.S.

P.S. wrote: »

I called your (tesco) helpline several times and nobody could help me with setting up my phone for internet.

Many thanks
    P.S.

Yes I will reiterate this....

Hi Paul,

Today is the first day I used the new data charges with Tesco Mobile and I was wondering whether a minimum session time can be defined as being, say at least a minute? For example, three times today when I used the internet, I was charged for two sessions in 2 to 3 seconds. That seems like a very short session time to me!

Btw - I'm not complaining about the pricing, it's just that if I used the internet a few times each day like this, it would start adding up quickly. The double-sessions happened nearly every time I used the internet.
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 19, 2012 12:47:47 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 887 Bytes EUR0.02
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 19, 2012 12:47:48 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 7,927 Bytes EUR0.02
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 19, 2012 12:50:49 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 10,762 Bytes EUR0.02
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 19, 2012 12:50:51 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 401,206 Bytes EUR0.02
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 19, 2012 3:10:29 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 36,800 Bytes EUR0.02
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 19, 2012 3:24:42 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 502 Bytes EUR0.02
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 19, 2012 3:24:44 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 81,070 Bytes EUR0.02

Hi Paul,

Today is the first day I used the new data charges with Tesco Mobile and I was wondering whether a minimum session time can be defined as being, say at least a minute? For example, three times today when I used the internet, I was charged for two sessions in 2 to 3 seconds. That seems like a very short session time to me!

Btw - I'm not complaining about the pricing, it's just that if I used the internet a few times each day like this, it would start adding up quickly. The double-sessions happened nearly every time I used the internet.

Hi there

it is 2c per MB or part thereof for a session. What phone do you have?

The best way to configure your phone is to hold the session and not disconnect each time.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

P.S. wrote: »

Many thanks
    P.S.

Thought this might have been resolved with customer service ... i had the same problem when i changed over, and after numerous calls/ mails etc it was resolved by switching data roaming on... this is going back to January....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Hey guys,

Successfully ported my number over to Tesco Mobile from Three Mobile this morning. A few problems have arrose on iPhone 4.

Can't send picture messages to anyone. (have entered settings as previously stated in thread, and restored phone)

Cannot send/receive texts and calls from Three customers, all other networks fine. (as far as i know)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi there

it is 2c per MB or part thereof for a session. What phone do you have?

The best way to configure your phone is to hold the session and not disconnect each time.

regards
    Paul

I've a Nokia E52. You wouldn't know how to set the Nokia to hold onto sessions by any chance? :confused:

I've a Nokia E52. You wouldn't know how to set the Nokia to hold onto sessions by any chance? :confused:

Is HSPA on? If it is then it should hold the session once connected. You will se 3.5G with the arrows on the top of the screen

Menu > Ctrl. panel > Settings and Connection > Packet data > High speed packet access

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
Advertisement