Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

And i thought I was bad by refusing to eat breakfast before I weigh in at 9.30! I could never last til 7.30 in the evening

Hey i've done that AND spent 40 min in the sauna at lunch as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'm sorry if I sound preachy here but not eating for hours at a time in order to appear lighter on the scales is mental and it goes against the whole 'don't let yourself go hungry or you compromise your weight loss' thing that's such an important part of Slimming World!
    I know the thought of a lesser loss for one week is daunting but please please, start eating normally on weigh day, do your blood sugar levels a favour!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'm sorry if I sound preachy here but not eating for hours at a time in order to appear lighter on the scales is mental and it goes against the whole 'don't let yourself go hungry or you compromise your weight loss' thing that's such an important part of Slimming World!
    I know the thought of a lesser loss for one week is daunting but please please, start eating normally on weigh day, do your blood sugar levels a favour!

I'm diabetic and i check them regularly so i'm fine there;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I do forego food from around 1.30-8pm, just the way I have always done it and can't help it... just the way I am :)

Worst case scenario, after I weigh in, I nibble on some fruit lol

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

I used to do this- stop eating at 2 for a 7.30 weigh in- until I realised that it makes VERY little difference. There have been days I've caved with the hunger and had greta losses. Now I just make sure I don't have anything after 5ish and it works.

• Advertisement

I am just back from weigh in and feel utterly devastated if I am honest, spent the last hour or more crying.. put on 1lb and was originally 1/2 lb away from 6 stone award.. gone back into the 10 stone category.

I feel beyond upset :(:( even thinking about it, I want to cry again... I tried so hard too, I can't face ringing my Mum to tell her how I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Vahevala wrote: »
    I am just back from weigh in and feel utterly devastated if I am honest, spent the last hour or more crying.. put on 1lb and was originally 1/2 lb away from 6 stone award.. gone back into the 10 stone category.

I feel beyond upset :(:( even thinking about it, I want to cry again... I tried so hard too, I can't face ringing my Mum to tell her how I did.

Awww Vahevala, you poor thing.. It's hard when you've tried your best and then it's not reflected on the scales, and I've been there and wanted to cry too.
    However there's a number if factors that could have caused this very, very slight gain ( minuscule to what you've lost!).. Star week? Water retention? Did you exercise more than usual? Not only that but as somebody once said to me- our body is not a robot, sometimes there will be blips.

Please don't cry and I'm sure your Mum will give you some comfort. Dust yourself off and you will see a big loss next week. Don't go into sabotage mode and eat loads, you will regret it more. Virtual hug being sent your way x.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

So had my weight in tonight. I'm down 5.5lb, absolutely thrilled with it, I worked for it though! :)

Was dreaming all day of what I'd have after class but came home and had a on plan dinner, ready for another week and hoping to get my 7lb award next wk!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Weight loss is so unpredictable that it's so so hard to gauge what you think you've lost. There's been weeks that I've thought I done brilliantly and it wasn't reflected on the scales and then other weeks that I got away with complete murder.

Our bodies know better than our minds in this respect and you will lose that extra pound and then some when your body is ready. Don't forget how far you've come! I think you can still in good faith say you have lost 6 stone. Nobody will care that it's only a pound, everyone will still be delighted for you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Sending you hugs V, try to focus on how far you've come - the closer you get to target the more difficult it is to consistently lose the weight. I have absolutely no doubt but that you will get to your target and maintain it - don't be afraid to have your cry and get it out of your system but ultimately I hope you're so proud of yourself for your progress to date :)

• Advertisement

I'm sorry to hear you are so upset.

But did I read that right? Have you lost almost 6 stone? That is absolutely fantastic, try not to focus on this week and focus on how far you've come! (10 stone is my target, I'd love to be where you are!:) )

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Think of it this way. Think of Yourself a year ago before Slimming World. I bet you would have have been over the moon to have been 10 stone. I know for me it would have seemed like an impossible dream so go actually be there I'd be near doing backflips around the place. I definitely wouldn't be getting upset over 1 pound. What's a pound sure? It's the long run that's important

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Sorry to read that you're upset Vahevela. It's ok to be upset though, some weeks can just be a real pain even with all your effort. The bigger picture is what's important, you've achieved so much to be proud of.

Weighed in myself and down 2lb. Delighted that I can maintain a consistent loss. That's four weeks of 2lb losses. 8.5lb off my next stone award, so a long way to go but I'd be thrilled to see it off before Christmas. I found group very draining tonight though. My area is new enough and it's only now that the cliques are creeping out. Talking amongst themselves during the image therapy is so incredibly rude, they don't seem to think so though.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

You have come so far and have always given wonderful advice and guidance on this thread. I'm sorry you were dissapointed. Stay focused. Good things come to those that wait

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

1lb on yesterday, I just have too much on over the next week so not going to stress about it, not giving up on the plan this week but I know I'm going to go over on syns, honeymoon is the week after the wedding, well 3 days away nothing fancy, so I know I'll have weight on for the next 3 weeks. I'm setting myself a new mini goal, I want my 5 stone award for Jan, I'll have been at slimming world a year then, I figured that gives me something to aim for to get me back on track after the wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

1lb down yesterday which I was happy with- went for dinner straight after so it's back on the wagon today. Bought 2 boxes of toffee apple bars- they're really nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Going to join back again next week. My last weigh in was back in June and between a few things and being busy and finances i haven't been able to go. I have another wedding dress fitting in December, so would love at least half a stone off by then.

I had won an online nutrition/fitness programme there for October, but i haven't lost 1 lb on it :-( A lot of it would be against Slimming World's plan so it just must not suit me.
    I know if i put the head down and keep within my syns i lose, so i just need to put the work in again.

Hopefully i can get to my target this time. At one stage i was only around 6lbs off it, but i found i got stuck and couldn't get any further. I weighed myself at home and it looks like i might only be about 2lbs up since my last SW weigh in which isn't too bad in 5 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

3.5 off last night. Weighing in early next week before I go on holidays for 6 days. Would love 1.5 off to get my 1 stone award. But even if I do I'll just have put it on again when I'm on holidays.

Thank you for all the lovely comments, I feel better today, I won't let this beat me and will keep plodding on. Weight loss is never easy but I am determined to get there, regardless of how long it takes me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I made a chicken curry tonight with Mayflower sauce, it tastes exactly like Chinese curry from the takeaway! So good.

• Advertisement

Dolbert wrote: »
    I made a chicken curry tonight with Mayflower sauce, it tastes exactly like Chinese curry from the takeaway! So good.

I've been hearing a bit about this sauce, are there many syns? Where did you buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Thank you for all the lovely comments, I feel better today, I won't let this beat me and will keep plodding on. Weight loss is never easy but I am determined to get there, regardless of how long it takes me.

I was thinking of you today and hoping after you slept on it that you'd feel better.

michellie wrote: »
    I've been hearing a bit about this sauce, are there many syns? Where did you buy it?

In Supervalu, it works out as 4-5 syns per portion depending on how much you use. It's in the refrigerated section, with the soups etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭leelee77

Hi all,

I weighed in yesterday. Lost albs. Was delighted as I got my 1 stone award and my Club 10 award. 6.5lbs to target!

In Supervalu, it works out as 4-5 syns per portion depending on how much you use. It's in the refrigerated section, with the soups etc.

That's obviously not the mayflower curry powder that you add water to is it?

m'lady wrote: »
    That's obviously not the mayflower curry powder that you add water to is it?

Yes, it is the powder actually!

Yes, it is the powder actually!

Oh wow, didn't think it could be gotten anywhere except one supermarket in Swords, I usually buy it in bulk!! There's a butchers here that sells it but sells it for €4 which I refuse to give him that! Have you got it in many supervalu's?

I just bought it for the first time last week, would be worth a look in your local one anyway?

I just bought it for the first time last week, would be worth a look in your local one anyway?

I'll definitely have a look tomorrow, I'll let you know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

if you ask your local supervalu they would probably get it in for you, there good like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement