The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread) - Page 454 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-01-2015, 22:03   #6796
SillyMangoX

Dude had been losing wight/condition lately due to be a selectively fussy eater with a constant runny bum. ( I say selectively because he will eat ANYTHING except his ID food ) I was getting a bit worried about him and was considering bringing him in for bloods to see was there something going on, but first I said I would try him with the tins of ID instead of the pouches. Already he is feeling less ribby/spiney, gotten a shine back on his coat and his tummy has completely stopped being runny!! He loves the tins of ID so much that he's stuffed and doesn't go scavenging for things that irritate his tummy, though we still have to keep the small brown bin in the washing machine when he's in the utility or else he will raid that But I'm delighted he's getting back to his tubby little self again. Hopefully this good spell will last for a good while. He seems to go in cycles of being good/bad every few months. If only I could teach him not to fart in my face we'd be flying it
(6) thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 00:07   #6797
Zapperzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkinseeds View Post
Someone in the neighbourhood has a new cat, it's got the oddest meow I've ever heard, a kind of meow/bark
Sort of like this?

(3) thanks from:
Yesterday, 00:21   #6798
Zapperzy

Jesse is off her food the last few days. I'm in two minds whether to bring her to the vets or not. She's always eaten whatever's put in front of her but since sat/sun she's been very picky. She'l eat dry food, ate a mouthful of wet food today and picked a little bit at chicken. She threw up right in the middle of the mat in the bedroom at 4.30am last night, left a nice stain on it She's still in grand form in every other aspect just the eating. I'm not sure if she's just suddenly become a dry food cat and is refusing all else until she's given dry food. At what stage does dodgy food related issues become a vet issue?
Yesterday, 11:17   #6799
tk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapperzy View Post
Jesse is off her food the last few days. I'm in two minds whether to bring her to the vets or not. She's always eaten whatever's put in front of her but since sat/sun she's been very picky. She'l eat dry food, ate a mouthful of wet food today and picked a little bit at chicken. She threw up right in the middle of the mat in the bedroom at 4.30am last night, left a nice stain on it She's still in grand form in every other aspect just the eating. I'm not sure if she's just suddenly become a dry food cat and is refusing all else until she's given dry food. At what stage does dodgy food related issues become a vet issue?
I think once you've started to worry/question it it's time to go and get it checked out? With my two I always decide they get X amount of time and then I'll take them. Lucy has been picky/skipped meals a couple of time when she was a bit off colour but that wouldn't worry me too much because she's not food driven. Bailey on the other hand would rarely skip a meal so I'd be more worried about him if he got picky
Yesterday, 11:34   #6800
Kovu
Nie moj cyrk, Nie moje malpy

Quote:
How is she today?
If ours are like that I would allow them a day or two before I'd take their temperature and then decide. Kovu is a devil for going off his food for a couple of days, only sniffing it before walking away to the nuts and only taking a few bites. Usually coincides with a couple of vomits so I put it down to either hairballs or food he's caught himself.
Advertisement
Yesterday, 12:48   #6801
Pumpkinseeds

Felix is going through a bed stealing phase. Last night and this morning i found him asleep in Jazzys bed, somewhere he has never shown any interest in and now he's asleep on Toby's spot on the sofa Jazzy has been very gung ho for the past week and seems to have decided that he's not taking any more nonsense from Poppy, so he's chasing her up the stairs to make his point. At least Toby seems more settled, he's discovered the high backed swivel chair in our home office/laundry room and is often found there in the early hours sound asleep. I'm delighted that he's actually coming in the cat flap himself during the night.
Yesterday, 12:51   #6802
Pumpkinseeds

Quote:
Sort of like this?

Close enough I saw her yesterday sitting on our wall. She's from a house with a couple of dogs and she's young so am guessing she picked up some doggy traits as a kitten. Lovely calico puss who runs along with her doggy siblings when they go for walks.
Yesterday, 17:08   #6803
mymo

I was going to ask if you like near me, but then it would be two dogs and three cats on evening walks!
(I have to shut them all in before i go now)

I discovered something strange today, Oliver barks at certain animals on tv, loves meercats and watches them in silence, cats are ok, but most other animals he barks at.
We played cat and dog video's on the ipad and he only barked at the dog ones, and watched the cat ones intently. The above video confused him a bit to be honest, but I'm wondering if anyone else's dogs like watching cat videos?
Thanks from:
Yesterday, 17:23   #6804
tk123

All I can think of when I see the pic for that barking cat vid is the one where the cat says go away and tries to jump out the window lol!!!

Thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 17:44   #6805
Zapperzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk123 View Post
I think once you've started to worry/question it it's time to go and get it checked out? With my two I always decide they get X amount of time and then I'll take them. Lucy has been picky/skipped meals a couple of time when she was a bit off colour but that wouldn't worry me too much because she's not food driven. Bailey on the other hand would rarely skip a meal so I'd be more worried about him if he got picky
Ya I'd be thinking along the same lines it's because she's usually such a food cat that has me puzzled/worried. If she's still the same tomorrow morning she's going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovu View Post
How is she today?
If ours are like that I would allow them a day or two before I'd take their temperature and then decide. Kovu is a devil for going off his food for a couple of days, only sniffing it before walking away to the nuts and only taking a few bites. Usually coincides with a couple of vomits so I put it down to either hairballs or food he's caught himself.
I gave her a handful of dry food last night and some dried chicken treats, she ate the dry food and left the chicken. Same again this morning she ate some dry food. This evening I gave her a bit of her usual smilla wet food and she sniffed and walked away, opened a tin of animonda carny, which she hasn't had in a while, and she got quite excited and looked like she was wolfing it into her for ages until she walked away, and I realised she was only picking at it and had scattered it all over the floor.

She's not dehydrated and she's still got bags of energy. My thermometer is at home typically. Vet visit tomorrow if she's still the same to be on the safe side I guess. Why does every animal I own eventually become a fussy eater, I thought I was doing well with jesse eating whatever was put in front of her, it was inevitable I suppose
Yesterday, 20:19   #6806
tk123

Some excitement for the dogs this evening lol trying out the new bed! I had to bin Bailey's fabric crate due to our ongoing war with moths Anyways I decided to upgrade his bed to a hi-k9 while we were at it since we have one downstairs that they both love... but I also wanted him to have the security of a crate/den when he needs it which he loves too.

Some wood, velcro and a €14 kids bed tent from Ikea did the job!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bed.jpg (81.7 KB, 42 views)
Today, 06:21   #6807
Pumpkinseeds

Got up to find Toby with a bald patch on his head and caked in mud. He's been fighting with some cat, at least it wasn't with Felix. Really wish he'd grow out of it.
Thanks from:
Today, 08:23   #6808
mymo

Our Toby is a bit of a fighter too, he patrols our end of the lane, no cats ever come down here, and there are a lot of cats at the top of the lane (Managed feral Colony).

I lock them all in at night, but he still comes in with a scratch or two from time to time, we've had him six years next month and the vet thought he was about 5 or 6 at the time. Hes had a broken leg, couple of abscesses, and appears to be getting a bit stiff at times, but that's not stopping him!

(he was a pet and neutered at six months, so not like he spent years as a feral before we adopted him)
Thanks from:
Today, 08:41   #6809
Pumpkinseeds

Our Toby often ends up at the vet as a result of abcesses from fighting. His fur is thick so usually he has to be shaved, which freaks him out and sometimes means he has to be anaesthetised first. I can't see anything sinister looking so hopefully he won't need a vet trip. He's a bit edgy now so I'll have to let him settle and try and get some of the mud off him with some wet wipes later. Is the heavy clay mud. Felix was the very same until he was almost 4 and then he stopped fighting with neighbour cats, hoping Toby will do the same since he's about 3 and a half.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion