Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (15/02/2012 to 01/05/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Unbelievable that people can still defend Bungie Ahern.

well ,the other loon p flynn,released a statement this morning saying ,he didnt do anything wrong ,and never took a corrupt payment...my coffeee went everywhere when i heard that ,so i am ready for anything today.

a proper hearing,15 years of investigation not enough for you ,no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

This guy sounds like Berties Da.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Horatio and his full forensic CSI team (not just the accountants) could investigate me and I wouldn't have a cent out of place!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"A man is innocent until proven guilty"

Ahhhh fúck off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

"He gave Sterling service"

Indeed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Suzie4 wrote: »
    well ,the other loon p flynn,realised a statement this morning saying ,he didnt do anything wrong ,and never took a corrupt payment...my coffeee went everywhere when i heard that ,so i am ready for anything today.

a proper hearing,15 years of investigation not enough for you ,no?

I was the same just makes the blood boil even more really does.

gave sterling service...oh dear...gave a service for sterling ...surely you mean.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Sterling Service! OMG seriously this guy has to be a plant to wind us up! Sterling and dollars were part of Berties problem,GTFO the radio :mad:

Ah yes the ex-pat view from the outside telling us how it should be done no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

This bloke won't last long... oh, wait, Joe's line is Bash Bungie, he'll be on for the rest of the programme.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

bijapos wrote: »
    The gravy train will still roll on after Mahon. The most interesting part of it is the part where Mahon made recommendations so that this can't happen again. Feck all of these will be implemented by FG, FF, Lab, SF or whoever.

The gravy train will be maintained by the ridiculous salaries paid in the PS to some people such as Duffy and the insane payoffs and pensions that go along with these jobs. Along with this is the virtual impossibility of sacking anyone in the pay of the State for misconduct or incompetence.

Until these issues are tackled nothing will really change,

Exactly, and all the high postings in the PS are political hence you have Garda that either did nothing or a half hearted investigation so they wouldn't damage their future promotion chances.

darkman2 wrote: »
    "He gave Sterling service"

Indeed...

Someone needs to explain to that man...giving service for sterling,really isnt the same as giving sterling service..

That_Guy wrote: »
    Ah yes the ex-pat view from the outside telling us how it should be done no doubt.

Do you read fortunes?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

"Humble opinion", my arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Fergus Finlay .. give me a break... He hosted a radio show with Frank Dunlop and we're expected to believe that nobody told him about Dunlop was up to ?? And he never tells us what sort of money he's pulling from Barnardo's when he's pontificating to us..

"Using the word 'corrupt' is a bit too far"

LOLZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Never mind if Bertie was corrupt or not. The fact that his leadership of the country lead to the state we're in now is the reason he should be in jail.
    Everyone in this country is paying for the highlives of a few during the boom thanks to his incompetent leadership. To think people pay him to give lectures is beyond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Tar and feather

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"you can't call it corrupt"

wtf!!!! idiots on the loose.

Subtitles please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Name dropper

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I pray they dont vote him out

that will be the final straw for the people

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Thanks to joe for clearing up that liveline is not a "quiz program".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"IF they dont vote him out"....

It's more than likely they will vote him out.. This caller's question is irrelevant.. It's like saying "well, Joe what if they bring back Ray Burke and make him leader again"..

So what if Da Bert is voted in or out of the Failure Party?

That the bast*rd keeps his pensions is (but one of) the more sickening aspects of this entire saga.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

Look at current board members of " The Institute of European Affairs"

http://www.iiea.com/governance

Comité d’Honneur: Bertie Ahern ., Richard Burke, John Bruton, David Byrne, Brian Cowen ., Pat Cox, Padraig Flynn, Ray MacSharry, Charles McCreevy, Michael O’Kennedy, Mary Robinson, Albert Reynolds, Peter Sutherland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Good woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

This is were the money went folks yes all that tax payers money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

We must make sure it never happens again.....

I am sick of hearing this

take their pensions! And legislate IMMEDIATELY that any further abusers of such power will lose their pensions.....
    This WILL happen again , as sure as night follows day.... so make it hurt...

• Advertisement

Thought he'd give her short shrift alright.

"Too sensible.....find me another Bertie fan"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement