Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reducing your cost of living

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Popinjay wrote: »
    Never tried the others but book suppository are great.

:eek: :eek:

That's a "novel" way of getting through books ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Popinjay wrote: »
    Never tried the others but book suppository are great.

I've always found them quite difficult to use tbh..

book depository is great though

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Popinjay

I've always found them quite difficult to use tbh..

Just remember not to get carried away by the free postage and only buy smaller books.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

sin_city wrote: »
    anyone have a price list for Costco?

I checked that nike place...I think its not legit but very good copies

It's genuine products - well what I received anyway. Jesus Christ .. how many times do I have to say that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Diddler82 wrote: »
    It's genuine products - well what I received anyway. Jesus Christ .. how many times do I have to say that!

I hear ya. Was going to buy some gear from them but they seem to focus on fashion gear rather than running gear.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Maybe not mentioned already.

Join Library, books are expensive in OZ
    Rent a two bed if you are a couple, then rent out other room. Will save you thousands.
    If your place comes with a car space and you dont have a car, rent out said car space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Some great bargains on Crazy Sales, I picked up a couple of things off them in the last few weeks. Quality is dead on.

http://www.crazysales.com.au/

• Registered Users Posts: 16 anon41

This thread is great, keep em coming!

Markets in Melbourne are good on a Sunday as they sell of a lot of their fruit and veggies at rock bottom prices

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

David Jones has a 30-50% sale on shirts and ties at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Wizzy2011

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

The UK site of ASOS will have winter stock on sale from now until the Oz winter starts. Then summer stock will be on sale from Sept-Nov. Free delivery and you can pay in AU$ at checkout. Can save up to 60% off reg prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Not at all, I expected it!

They are genuinely legitimate.

Each time they arrived in Nike boxes, the trainers were in perfect condition (nike insoles, size tags etc).

I still have both pairs and both my Mrs a pair of Converse .. same thing. Arrived in orginal boxes etc.

My guess it is like buying wine over here .. cheaper than buying at home because it is where it's made!

Designer sunglasses for 24 bucks , trainers for less than 50,premier league soccer jerseys for 24 bucks, payment methods that I wouldn't trust with a strangers money never mind my own.

Their contact details consist of a GMAIL address and that's it.no phone number, no address , the website is full of poor English and bad spelling....

I am sorry to inform you mate, you and your partner are buying cheap Chinese knock offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

Have yet to let me down for buying runners/trainers.
    Usually delivered within 1 week, comes from China and the guy who runs it is usually on the ball if you have any questions.

<snip>

Considering Nike runners can cost in excess of $200 here .. this website is an absolute bargain.

You're buying fakes...

If you want to buy fakes this is a good website, just buy off a seller with good feedback..

<snip>

I used them a few times, Ray bans for €8 delivered to Ireland

Converse €18 delivered, although I sold the converse because although they looked perfect they just didn't feel as good as originals (maybe I'm just fussy)

But my fake ray bans are as good as my real ones...
    Same case, packaging etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Not at all, I expected it!

They are genuinely legitimate.

Each time they arrived in Nike boxes, the trainers were in perfect condition (nike insoles, size tags etc).

I still have both pairs and both my Mrs a pair of Converse .. same thing. Arrived in orginal boxes etc.

My guess it is like buying wine over here .. cheaper than buying at home because it is where it's made!

Have you ever been to China?

I was in Shanghai just over a year ago and walk into any department store and its far more expensive compared to Australia for Nike, iPads and iPhones which are all made in China.

if you even look up the online Nike shop in China they are not that cheap, Nike shop there pushes quality... not somewhere you will get a pair of shoes 2 different sizes.

China Nike Air Max RMB1469 = $272

http://www.nikestore.com.cn/product/621077-006/detail.htm

Australia $240

http://www.nikestore.com.au/nike-air-max-2014-621077-006

You can go to the undercover markets at the technology park and there are hundreds of shops selling very good knockoffs, if they can copy shoes they can definitely copy boxes and tags.

Oh and I dont know why people are complaining about paying $200 for a pair of trainers in Australia when they are near the same price in Ireland.

Ireland €151 = $229

http://store.nike.com/ie/en_gb/pd/air-max-2014-running-shoe/pid-805772/pgid-804079

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

This place popped up on my Facebook yesterday.

Based in 260 Little Collins, Melbourne.

Offering tailored shirts and they have an introductory offer of $39 for your first shirt

EDIT: https://www.marcellacustom.com/melb

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

7 -Eleven $1 coffee.

How about no coffee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

jank wrote: »
    How about no coffee?
    Are you trying to get deported?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

No coffee > 7-11 $1 coffee

catbear wrote: »
    Are you trying to get deported?
    Hard to deport an Aussie but Im serious, why do people have to drink multiple cups of coffee per day

1)Its bad for you
    2)Costs a fortune

Just drink water or make your own tea in the office.

• Advertisement

I hear you Jank but a lot of aussies have coffee addiction problems, I often hear people ordering triple shots.
    For what it's worth coffee prices seem to be falling in Perth, three years ago your average was about $4, now we're down to $3.50, some places are $2.80.
    No 7-11s here so no $1 coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Coffee isnt bad for you. You crazy man.

I missed the memo that said regular intakes of caffeine is good for you.

Anything Ive eved read on coffee's healthiness has been mixed at best, if not erring on the side of it being beneficial.

Its certainly not as black and white as you are making out.

Yeah ?

Well I missed the memo that said telling other coffee drinkers where to get a cheap coffee was an invitation to be preachy about what other people consume.

Maybe you should focus your efforts on crystal meth and heroin and work down from there.

Anything Ive eved read on coffee's healthiness has been mixed at best, if not erring on the side of it being beneficial.

Its certainly not as black and white as you are making out.

With anything, small amounts in moderation 'could' be good for you depending on what physical and mental activity one partakes in daily. However, having a shot or two (or even more) of coffee every day, week after week perpetually is not good for you or your pocket.

Most people do the later not the former, hence in general why people should drink less of it. Simples.

Too much of anything can be bad, the difference between a poison and a cure can be dosage.

tomaussie wrote: »
    Yeah ?

Well I missed the memo that said telling other coffee drinkers where to get a cheap coffee was an invitation to be preachy about what other people consume.

Maybe you should focus your efforts on crystal meth and heroin and work down from there.

Jaysus, never knew coffee drinkers were so touchy about their addiction, poision, drink.

I was merely stating that buying multiple cups of coffee a day is just as bad for your pocket (this thread is about saving money ain't it) as it might be for your health. Win, win!!

I see some of my co-workers hoping with the stuff. 4-5 cups a day at least. If you can’t do without something for a week without having serious withdrawal symptoms then I may suggest cutting down the intake of said food or substance or avoid ingesting it all together. If you think I am full of ****, then don’t have another coffee until Wednesday week.

With anything, small amounts in moderation 'could' be good for you depending on what physical and mental activity one partakes in daily. However, having a shot or two (or even more) of coffee every day, week after week perpetually is not good for you or your pocket.

Most people do the later not the former, hence in general why people should drink less of it. Simples.

Could you provide evidence?

I've read up to 6 cups a day has no effect on raising any causes of death.

Its all well and good saying its bad for you, and sounding like you know what you are talking about, but provide some evidence?

I don't really mind either way but your dogmatic preachy approach is pretty funny and Im willing to call you out on it.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, never knew coffee drinkers were so touchy about their addiction, poision, drink.

I was merely stating that buying multiple cups of coffee a day is just as bad for your pocket (this thread is about saving money ain't it) as it might be for your health. Win, win!!

I see some of my co-workers hoping with the stuff. 4-5 cups a day at least. If you can’t do without something for a week without having serious withdrawal symptoms then I may suggest cutting down the intake of said food or substance or avoid ingesting it all together. If you think I am full of ****, then don’t have another coffee until Wednesday week.

I think the thread is about giving people a heads up on how to save money by alerting them to bargains or cunning ways to avoid paying full price rather than stop doing something they may enjoy.

By your rationale I hereby advise you to only eat boiled rice daily, sell your car, don't go to the cinema, never eat out again, cut your gas and electricity off, never get your hair cut again and so forth.

I don't think you are full of **** but if I go a week without getting laid then I get withdrawal symptoms. Please don't tell me you want to stop this too ?

I don't really drink that much coffee but as of tomorrow I will now drink 2-3 cups a day. Tell me what to do will you ?

Advertisement