Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I knew you could start ahead without it, but I didn't think it'd keep updating in the background. 500mb downloaded now and I don't want to lose that on this middling (at best) broadband!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

I knew you could start ahead without it, but I didn't think it'd keep updating in the background. 500mb downloaded now and I don't want to lose that on this middling (at best) broadband!

Play away, it'll keep updating in the background no worries. You won't lose any of the progress it's made either.

Ah, my first death. Feelsgoodman.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Ah, my first death. Feelsgoodman.jpg

welcome to demon souls darks souls dark souls 2 bloodborne :)

This is like the Undead Burg all over again. Struggling badly with the first part. Them fooking dogs. Been a good hour and a half and still haven't gotten to the third lamp.

Damn dogs.

• Advertisement

if you are where I think you are...just get them 1 by one with the pebbles to get their attention

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

And parry them

The groups of enemies are grand really. If I just run near them usually 2 or maybe 3 will come away and I don't have too much trouble dealing with them. Have the dogs worked out I think now, give them a rattle of the gun and then a strong long ranged attack usually gets them. Can see a tantalising ladder-type shortcut behind a gate though now... Teasing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,002 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

This is like the Undead Burg all over again. Struggling badly with the first part. Them fooking dogs. Been a good hour and a half and still haven't gotten to the third lamp.

Damn dogs.

That was me, that was exactly me.

Have you leveled up at all? That is important. It'll get to a point where everything clicks for you, keep at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

As much as I loved my time with bloodborne I really hope froms "B team" make a sequel in the same vein as Dark Souls 2 with revised stats, loads of weapons and a much bigger focus on multiplayer.

There's no doubt Miyazaki and his team are far more talented game creators but I just miss the level of build customisation and the multiplayer focused covenants from Dark Souls 2 along with the community that comes with it.

I LOVE bloodbornes combat and world but the multiplayer is severly lacking and pvp seemed to be an after thought which is a shame as I just don't have that urge to come back to the game since I finished all the chalice dungeons.

Anyone else feel similar or am I alone in my craziness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I feel mp pvp takes from the single player experience in games. Better to have a cracking single player game with no mp modes than an average single player experience with shoe horned in mp.

That was me, that was exactly me.

Have you leveled up at all? That is important. It'll get to a point where everything clicks for you, keep at it.
    Nope, was wandering round with 8000+ sou... blood echoes and bricking it going round corners in case some bastard would jump me and I'd lose them (having had had that happen me 2/3 times beforehand) so I caved and looked up what the story was with levelling. So I went and spent the echoes on upgrading the cane, buying armour and molotovs. Last part I got to last night was opening up the left hand gate at the lamp. This thing is shortcut central, I assumed there must've been a third lamp I had to get to. Gonna lash back into it now.
    I reckon this game should suit my play style as in DS1 I was a full on dex build, then in DS2 I put everything into offensive magic where I might as well not have had a shield and had very little max health so I was all about not getting hit. So I think I'll go all in on the skill and endurance attributes for this, get in and out quickly doing damage.

Well fuck. I attacked the first NPC accidentally (Eileen the Crow I believe). Put the controller down on my lap and hit R2 by accident. I take it whatever her story was is now dead to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Well fuck. I attacked the first NPC accidentally (Eileen the Crow I believe). Put the controller down on my lap and hit R2 by accident. I take it whatever her story was is now dead to me?

Until NG+ yes. Kill her and buy her weapon, its savage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

There was a nico nico stream (no idea what that is) where this info was given on a future patch.
    Patch info from dual shockers citing the Bloodborne japanese page
    Password matching can now be done regardless of level.
    Password matching can now be done even if registered to a different oath.
    Quicksilver bullets and blood vials can now be stored up to 600 (the previous limit was 99) in the storage in Hunter’s Dream.
    Weapons and hunter tools have been tweaked, it will be mostly buffs.
    A bug of the Rifle Spear has been fixed.
    A bug with Blood Gem Imprints has been fixed.
    Boss rewards in the Chalice Dungeons will be improved, they will now drop blood gems randomly.
    Chalice dungeons will now include Blood Stone Shards at Depth 1, Twin Blood Stone Shards at Depth 2, Twin Blood Stone Shards and Blood Stone Chunks at Depth 3, Blood Stone Chunks at Depth 4 and Blood Stone Chunks and Blood Rocks at Depth 5.
    Other bugs have been fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Password matching can now be done regardless of level.
    Password matching can now be done even if registered to a different oath.

Pity they didnt have this at launch. Would have made co-op less of a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Ebrietas,
    drove me nuts the first two times, the camera was ridiculous in that arena.

The update is live now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

cloud493 wrote: »
    Ebrietas,
    drove me nuts the first two times, the camera was ridiculous in that arena.

Yeah. I was sure it was going to be a flying enemy when I first entered that room as the camera kept forcing itself to look upward. But I think they were just trying to make sure you didn't pay much attention to the water textures on the ground as they're a bit on the blocky side.

I'll be happy to help out anyone if someone needs a hand now that the level doesn't matter.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    I'll be happy to help out anyone if someone needs a hand now that the level doesn't matter.

Me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Can't beat that stupid fecker with the spiders

Any tactics?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JamesHarry

Bloodborne is very horrible game .I like it very much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Just started this yesterday, first "Souls" game I've played since Dark Souls so I was a tad rusty and the lack of shields doesn't help since I would've used one a lot in DS!

The first part gave me a pretty tough time forcing an (inevitable) rage quit - picked it up again later in the day and managed to crack it. Beat the Clerical beast on my first attempt but took about 6 or 7 gos at the Father - half the difficulty with him is trekking over to him from the spawn point!

Very much enjoying it so far, I found after the initial hump that things have clicked in a way and with improving my gear and levelling up (lvl 24 now) that it's growing into a much smoother ride.

I went for the axe as my trick weapon and have primarily been two-handing it while using one hand and the pistol less often...is this a bad idea? I'm fearing if I don't completely master the parry it'll leave a weakness in my game later on.

half the difficulty with him is trekking over to him from the spawn point!
    can get to him with the shortcuts open with maybe 6 or 7 beasts to kill.

I went for the axe as my trick weapon and have primarily been two-handing it while using one hand and the pistol less often...is this a bad idea? I'm fearing if I don't completely master the parry it'll leave a weakness in my game later on.
    I 2handed the axe all the way through with using the pistol(or rarely).
    Started using the saw on my 2nd playthrough and using the pistol more

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Anyone fancy helping me with the poxy spider anytime from 7.25 till 9 or so

Sure I can take a quick break from the witcher.

Both of my characters will prob be a little OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Just killed him on my own!!!

Tried taking out all the spider minions before attacking him instead of avoiding them and it worked.

Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Parched to 1.04 - ng+1. No sign of chunks for sale in insight messengers font in hunters dream. They should be there according to patch notes...

Anyone seeing chunks available there Now? I'm insight 99+

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

sticker wrote: »
    Parched to 1.04 - ng+1. No sign of chunks for sale in insight messengers font in hunters dream. They should be there according to patch notes...

Anyone seeing chunks available there Now? I'm insight 99+

I can see shards, not chunks. Has anyone noticed some weird glitches in hemwick since the patch?

Advertisement