Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best Chinese take away?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Alas Wan's appears to be no more. Drove up there tonight and the signage is gone and there were workmen inside. Garden House is is from now on so!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

athtrasna wrote: »
    Alas Wan's appears to be no more. Drove up there tonight and the signage is gone and there were workmen inside. Garden House is is from now on so!

Last day I was there there were Health and safety inspectors just arrived for what looked like unexpected visit. That was abouttwo months ago.

exador wrote: »
    Last day I was there there were Health and safety inspectors just arrived for what looked like unexpected visit. That was abouttwo months ago.

Didn't appear on any of the shut down/reported restaurants on the food safety site..I keep an eye on that. I'd say it was just very quiet, location was crap, little or no passing traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

Didn't appear on any of the shut down/reported restaurants on the food safety site..I keep an eye on that. I'd say it was just very quiet, location was crap, little or no passing traffic.

agree on the location. i would have never known about it had i not read about it on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

Not sure why people like Garden house. Bought from there 3 times and we were never happy with the food. Curry was very watery. Spare ribs were always dry and the Peking sauce tasted burned. Chow mein tasted like it was soaked in oil and the veg didnt taste fresh.
    My top Chinese would still be Foo Lock (hidden gem imo) and Ming Court at the Blanch S.C. when we feel like having a dinner at a restaurant.

• Advertisement

Foo Lok has been the family takeaway choice for years now in this house :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Foo Lok has been the family takeaway choice for years now in this house :P

Although we try many, we always go back to Foo Lok! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

January wrote: »

same :D

We always try and "cheat" on Foo Lok, but always end up going back to them :D

Will have to try Foo Lok then!

The Salt and Chilli chicken and the house special black pepper sauce are amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Ordered in a Chicken in black bean sauce from Millennium 2 in Castleknock this evening and the quality is still as good as ever. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

The Salt and Chilli chicken and the house special black pepper sauce are amazing.
    Will have to try Foo Lok then!

Tried Foo Lok this evening. Gorgeous and the salt n chilli chicken was yum! Will definitely order from there again. (plus they do garlic cheese n chips which sounds wrong for a chinese, but they were lovely too).

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

Not sure if it's strictly a Chinese but Diep at home in Blanchardstown was absolutely gorgeous tonight, glad they've arrived to D15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Where is Diep at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

Diep is up the laneway across from Ryans Seat garage in the Village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Gotacha. Must check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

got a menu delivered this morning from Diep, prices not too bad.

Now for the taste :D

stevekavo wrote: »
    Diep is up the laneway across from Ryans Seat garage in the Village.

The old Wan's afaik.

I love Diep, and their home prices are more reasonable than Thai Garden at home, phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

glossy wrote: »
    got a menu delivered this morning from Diep, prices not too bad.

Now for the taste :D

Menu here thanks:
    http://www.diep.net/athome/menu/

Will check them out. Looks tasty.

Now if they would only answer their feckin phone. It's like they don't want any business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Saruman wrote: »
    Now if they would only answer their feckin phone. It's like they don't want any business.

I read on their FB page that they were closed because of a technical glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Yeah fooloks best, miss it so much since i moved from blanch!!

Tried Foo Lok last night and ordered the House Special Black Pepper Sauce as recommended and thought it was quite bland and not at all peppery :(

Tried Foo Lok last night and ordered the House Special Black Pepper Sauce as recommended and thought it was quite bland and not at all peppery :(

Ach I usually always get lots of pepper in mine! Every couple of weeks it's not very peppery though so I have to remind them the next time I order for extra black pepper...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Saruman wrote: »

I went into them yesterday, the guy there told me that they had electrical/billing issues that were caused by a previous tenant. I ordered the massaman curry and the diep selection starter - all gorgeous. I will be eating there a LOT!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Went to Diep last night. Was really good. Pork belly starter was greatb too.

anniehoo wrote: »
    Garden House is finally on JustEat.ie.....brilliant and lethal all at the same time :D

Garden House is who I went with after Diep refused to answer their phone. Great place now. I think they changed hands because last year they were not so good.

I know this is about the best Chinese take away but if you guys got a chipper and ordered garlic mushrooms what would expect? Mushrooms with garlic and breadcrumb over them or a tray of battered mushrooms with garlic sauce poured all over them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I don't like Wangs, very bland food, one main didn't even have much of a sauce.

The Rising Phoenix gets my vote.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

I know this is about the best Chinese take away but if you guys got a chipper and ordered garlic mushrooms what would expect? Mushrooms with garlic and breadcrumb over them or a tray of battered mushrooms with garlic sauce poured all over them?

Breadcrumbs I would have thought, never had battered ones, guessing you got battered. :D

Name and shame.:)

Advertisement