Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cartom

cartom wrote: »
    Hi All, I've followed PogMoThoin instuction on how to Flash Enigma2. It's very clear step by step instuctions, Thank you PogMaThoin. But I'm stuck, I have got as far as
    "Reboot the box with the USB inserted then go to plugins and enable the e2upgrade plugin."
    When I press the "Start OSD option with the red button" nothing happens, Can you help, after reading so many post it seem Enigma2 is well worth it.
    I finally have Enigma2 running on my box.
    I found an alternative way online
    Reboot holding down the OK button on the front of tuner.
    When forc is displayed press the arrow down then press right.
    I can now see why everyone has been complaining about the christmas skin.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I finally have Enigma2 running on my box.
    I found an alternative way online
    Reboot holding down the OK button on the front of tuner.
    When forc is displayed press the arrow down then press right.
    I can now see why everyone has been complaining about the christmas skin.:)

Why didn't you use the latest image, that one in my post is 2 months old at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cartom

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Why didn't you use the latest image, that one in my post is 2 months old at this stage
    I did not realize, I just clicked the download as I worked through you guide.
    I have changed the skin and startup image now.

I did not realize, I just clicked the download as I worked through you guide.
    I have changed the skin and startup image now.

Be sure do a software update to get the latest fixes

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Are these boxes ever going to be released with Enigma 2 already installed?

• Advertisement

deejer wrote: »
    Are these boxes ever going to be released with Enigma 2 already installed?

No, they ship with Spark which is all that the manufacturer supports

• Registered Users Posts: 41 sattvfan

championc wrote: »
    Go on, be brave, report back.

Yes I will if I can, just ordered one, delivery tomorrow, exciting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭T0MMY

sattvfan wrote: »
    Yes I will if I can, just ordered one, delivery tomorrow, exciting :)

I got mine about a two weeks ago and am still setting up E2!

Almost there now.

Personally I found the latest Satstation image easier to set up than the HDMU one.

Good luck!

T0MMY wrote: »
    I got mine about a two weeks ago and am still setting up E2!

Almost there now.

Personally I found the latest Satstation image easier to set up than the HDMU one.

Good luck!

Thanks but E2 is apparently already setup on the one I am getting. Of course I have no idea what anyone is talking about really until I get my hands on mine. I was going to go for one of the cheaper Skybox / Openbox ones but with so many versions to choose from S12, F3, M3, M5 etc etc I gave up and this seems to do so very much more of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

The main distributor in the UK (Lavatronics) pre sets up the boxes with E2 already so saves the hassle of having to do it yourself.

• Advertisement

You probably will want to try other images. That's half the fun :)

Agree, but the biggest pain for a lot of people is initially installing E2, especially if they do it wrong initially then you need to learn quite quickly about printenv etc ...

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Agree, but the biggest pain for a lot of people is initially installing E2, especially if they do it wrong initially then you need to learn quite quickly about printenv etc ...

What's printnv?
    I'm sure I'll find out soon enough...
    As a matter of interest, do you know of any E2 image that supports usb wifi? I know Satstation doesn't, but I think HDMU might.

Printenv is an area in the background where the environment is set, its a set of value that can affect the way your box runs. Also it can be possible to recover the box from boot failure from here ...but at the same time you could end up bricking your box ... so keep well away unless you know what you are doing.

I think Open AR-P and HRnigma may also support USB Wifi but not 100% sure as i don't have a wifi dongle myself.

OK switched on and just doing a blind scan of Astra 28.2 for now, I guess I am in spark ? Great looking box and menu's etc

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    The main distributor in the UK (Lavatronics) pre sets up the boxes with E2 already so saves the hassle of having to do it yourself.

This is where I bought mine though I seem to be in Spark at the moment, no idea what I am doing :o:eek:

Hold OK while booting the box will bring up a FORC on the screen, use the up and down arrow till you see Enigma and press OK to select. The box will reboot to E2

It is like watching a child take their first wobbly steps...

Welcome to E2!

Next you will want a custom list of favourites, and you will find yourself downloading bouquets, then programs to edit bouquets, then ftp programs to send said bouquets to your box, and then you will want to install a plugin, and that's when things start to get interesting, and when you have finally got on top of all those things you will read a post somewhere that suggests the HDMU version of E2 is better that the Sattsation one (or vice versa) and it all starts over again.

Welcome to the club :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

It is like watching a child take their first wobbly steps...

Welcome to E2!

Next you will want a custom list of favourites, and you will find yourself downloading bouquets, then programs to edit bouquets, then ftp programs to send said bouquets to your box, and then you will want to install a plugin, and that's when things start to get interesting, and when you have finally got on top of all those things you will read a post somewhere that suggests the HDMU version of E2 is better that the Sattsation one (or vice versa) and it all starts over again.

Welcome to the club :)

Reading that makes me glad I decided to build :D:D

Reading that makes me glad I decided to build :D:D

What's the difference? Setting up plugins requires FTP and Telnet access to the box much the same way you setup yours. But you don't need to do any of this, just do a scan for channels and sit down and watch them.

• Advertisement

Hold OK while booting the box will bring up a FORC on the screen, use the up and down arrow till you see Enigma and press OK to select. The box will reboot to E2

Nope does'nt work with me

Enigma mustn't be installed then so.

Enigma mustn't be installed then so.

Meant to be according to the blurb on the ebay page, I'll call them tomorrow I guess

Are you holding the OK button on the front of the box? Not the remote.

There should be an option to boot to E2 in Spark, menu-->system-->factory default-->Boot to E2

Meant to be according to the blurb on the ebay page, I'll call them tomorrow I guess

Dont' bother sending it back - you will flash it in 5 mins. You will probably change the image several times before you are happy - in my case that was about 10 times!

I did it from the box itself now it works, I am now in E2 !

Dont' bother sending it back - you will flash it in 5 mins. You will probably change the image several times before you are happy - in my case that was about 10 times!

Oh no I won't be sending it back, it's just all very strange at the moment :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

I am using the HDMU_10630_E2_spark7162_211_git_5282_nodebug_nolcd _ Diff0_gst_Flash image.

I have also done an update on this installed image so i am not sure if that means i am on the latest 10640 or not.

I am having problems mounting my NAS over the ethernet connection on this side of the box.
    It was so simple and straightforward to do on the spark side of the box I cant believe its so frustrating on the enigma side.

Has anyone done this or can anyone provide some assistance?

Also use of the RTE player and 3player apps, posted here previously, along with the vlc player app cause the box to crash because of a software issue. Is anyone else experiencing these problems? Or is it that the latest image i have is not working correctly?

The box is also a lot less responsive on the enigma side i am finding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

I am using the HDMU_10630_E2_spark7162_211_git_5282_nodebug_nolcd _ Diff0_gst_Flash image.

Also use of the RTE player and 3player apps, posted here previously, along with the vlc player app cause the box to crash because of a software issue. Is anyone else experiencing these problems? Or is it that the latest image i have is not working correctly?

The box is also a lot less responsive on the enigma side i am finding.

I have yesterday's image on the box and do not experiece the above issues. I do not have VLC plugin installed.
    Suggest you carry out a full reflash again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement