Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rabbits for the dinner

• 23-05-2015 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭

Waited 15 mins in a field facing a sandy bank and got these 4.
    2 kits and 2 doesimage.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

Nice one.

The pressure cooker is a great lad for softening the tough ones, before you roast or fry etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭sniperman

Shaner82 wrote: »
    Waited 15 mins in a field facing a sandy bank and got these 4.
    2 kits and 2 doesimage.jpg
    ya nice one ok,waiting on a substitution for a new cz .22 syn stock,16" barrel (bought from a dealer),then ill hit them;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Shaner82

Just took off the back legs and loin of the kilts and straight in the pan. There wasn't much on them tbh

The rest is a in a pot with the does and some stock veg and wine simmering nicely for a couple of nice terrines tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Shaner82 wrote: »
    Just took off the back legs and loin of the kilts and straight in the pan. There wasn't much on them tbh

The rest is a in a pot with the does and some stock veg and wine simmering nicely for a couple of nice terrines tomorrow

Left the house without breakfast thinking id be grand until i read your post, starving now, cheers for that! Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17 Deanaudia4

Got a couple this evening meself all this talk of rabbit stew got me hungry....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Hunter456

just a after finishing a rabbit stew lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Roast rabbit and beef burgers for myself tonight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭German pointer

Southern fried rabbit with home made chips and side salad. Hard to beat while waiting for the venison to defrost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭German pointer

Southern fried rabbit with home made chips and side salad. Hard to beat while waiting for the venison to defrost

got today, and zeroed, the new cz 16" .22 syn stock, bought from a dealer in drangan,and id like to add a real gent,im well pleased with the out of box accuracy,used winnie subs,scope is a hawke 4-16x44,ill be getting out the spices tomorrow:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭garrettod

sniperman wrote: »
    got today, and zeroed, the new cz 16" .22...

Nice shootin' pal, looks like just about every one of those was a head shot.

Thanks,

G.

garrettod wrote: »
    Nice shootin' pal, looks like just about every one of those was a head shot.
    thanks lad,ya, all head shot,picked up nine more sunday evening,very happy with the gun:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Got the first kill with my Marlin last Wednesday.

Nailed a rabbit from standing position from about 35 yards. Iron sight. Right behind the shoulder.

Cooked it in a stew. Garlic, tomato, onion, carrot.

Only thing is, it was a bit chewy...

Any tips on cooking? Maybe I cooked it too fast? Or is it just that the rabbit may have been old?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Pedro K wrote: »
    Any tips on cooking? Maybe I cooked it too fast? Or is it just that the rabbit may have been old?
    Have you had a flick through the game recipe thread?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Cass wrote: »
    Have you had a flick through the game recipe thread?

I knew I saw a thread somewhere before. Trust me to overlook the stickied thread at the top of the page and go 7 or 8 pages to an older one! :s

Thanks Cass!

Advertisement