Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rocket League

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Is that awkward camera angle for the kick off in the new stadium a bug or is it supposed to be like that?

All PC usernames are starred out for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Is that awkward camera angle for the kick off in the new stadium a bug or is it supposed to be like that?

Complete bug. You just have to guess where to go for a couple of seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Right Ive played this game for about 2 hrs over the past week or two. Hated every second of it.

A mate convinced me to jump in for a few games last night which I all lost by about 5 or 6 goals but........ There was one brilliant moment when I was clear through on goal, I could have stopped and let the ball roll in but I over-corrected and sent the ball wide. I honestly didn't enjoy a moment in a MP game like that in years. Hilarious. Well you had to be there.

Lost 7-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

First MLG tournament was last night. Didn't catch it all live but the Grand Finals were absolutely EPIC!!

That was brilliant, but the two commentators are extremely annoying to listen to.

Plus if there going to stream the big circle blocking the whole screen will need to be made see through as on more then one occasion something exciting was going on in the background as he changed players.

But this was very entertaining to watch how the game can be played.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TCarew

Obsessed with this game. Absolutely love it.

Still in the process of getting the last 2 trophies before the update with the DLC.
    Bought the DLC too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Bought this yesterday after finding out about it :D Haven't played since Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle-Cars about 4 years ago I suppose. So much fun, but people can really be annoying. Nothing more annoying than someone stealing your amazing aerial goal :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

enjoyed this the last few days, shame the various cars don't have different stats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

froog wrote: »
    enjoyed this the last few days, shame the various cars don't have different stats.

It's part of the reason the game is so good. A guy starting out has theoretically the same chance of success as the experienced player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

There's 2 things I'd love to implement into this game: A full boost mode and a no boost mode

Myself and the brother played without using boost and games were a lot more tactical, the game at times can be a bit of who has boost at the right times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

There's 2 things I'd love to implement into this game: A full boost mode and a no boost mode

Myself and the brother played without using boost and games were a lot more tactical, the game at times can be a bit of who has boost at the right times

Agreed on the No Boost option, would like to try a game where not everyone is going mental trying to collect the boosts and instead just play a bit of footy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

We used to have a no accelerator game in sarpbc, we had tournaments and everything. Was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

I really have to say I'm loving this game. It's not something you have to pump hours upon hours into to be good at. Some of the Online moments are some of the funniest ones I have had in years. It's also a very well polished game and have little to no issues with it apart from when a user joins a game it'll lag for a second or two but other than that the game runs really smooth.

Although I do have one issue and I'd like to know if others have noticed it. Does it seem that high ping is a normal thing in the online? I play with my party and we all level in around 30 - 40 ping but some times we have played people with the entire opposite team having 250+ ping. It doesn't seem to effect gameplay which is handy but it still seems rather strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I see players with a high ping regularly. I only play on European servers so i presume they're people from outside Europe or they just have a really **** internet connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

It's funny, I always find playing 1v1 to be a very mixed bag, you either hammer someone or get hammered, very few games seem to stay close.

Last night I forfeited with 30 seconds to go in a 1v1 as I let in a goal and sent a "gg" to go 4-1 down.
    Went back in only to be put back in 1v1 against the same guy. 90 seconds into that game, he forfeits as he goes 5-1 down.

Worst sight in the world though has to be when you enter 3v3 and you see green icons next to the entire other team....you know your band of misfits is in for some trouble...

• Advertisement

What do green icons mean

What do green icons mean

When in a party, you see the green "people" icon next to them.
    If all 3 have the green icon, that means you're up against a team who are probably organising themselves vs 3 strangers who've never played together...

BizzyC wrote: »
    When in a party, you see the green "people" icon next to them.
    If all 3 have the green icon, that means you're up against a team who are probably organising themselves vs 3 strangers who've never played together...

Well of its ranked then surely the teams would be somewhat even regardless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I've started winning a worrying amount of games, wondering did i get bumped down a ranking division or something? I also reset settings to default and it's much easier. I was playing with a really high fov which I think made it difficult to judge the flight of the ball.

I've started winning a worrying amount of games, wondering did i get bumped down a ranking division or something? I also reset settings to default and it's much easier. I was playing with a really high fov which I think made it difficult to judge the flight of the ball.

Interesting on the FOV. I put that straight up to max at the start. I would have thought seeing more would alway be an advantage

• Advertisement

yea i dont think so, but I was missing a lot of standard hits and generally not playing very good at all. It's not just the fov that I had changed but default settings are a lot better for me, seems a lot clearer.

I suppose its not the same as an FPS game where higher FOV is always an advantage

Well of its ranked then surely the teams would be somewhat even regardless

Individually yes, but when 3 randomers are playing against guys who are used to playing together, you're in for an uphill battle.

Having said that I've won games against a team, it's just that sometimes if you're unlucky to be teamed up with two ball chasers, you'll be in for a tough ride.

360035.jpg

Anybody got any tips for "flying"?
    I'm watching some people just winning everything in the air, most of the time I just whizz past the ball :pac:

Maybe people who are good at it will have better advice, but from youtube I gather practicing it exclusively in the arena is a good idea. Think about how much quicker you're learning rather than the odd attempt or two in a game.

But I'd be interested in concrete tips too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Practice hitting the crossbar when you score. Great for helping you judge how to fly. After that it's purely just judging where the ball will be.

I'd say I've lost about 90% of games over the last few days. Purely down to the absolute rubbish teammates I'm getting.
    I am fairly average but my jaysus, I seem to be a magnet for morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ✭✭kevmcdonnell

Is anyone having issues with stuttering during play. Its so annoying with the ball jumping around and the cars changing direction. has resulted in a fair few lost matches due to missed goals etc

Is anyone having issues with stuttering during play. Its so annoying with the ball jumping around and the cars changing direction. has resulted in a fair few lost matches due to missed goals etc

I've had some connection issues now and again. Usually a symbol will pop up on screen, I think it's a server issue rather than my connection as I don't get it on other games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 ✭✭kevmcdonnell

yeah i don't think its my connection either, its just mighty annoying

Just happened to me for the first time. Must be an issue on their end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Usually an issue if any one person in the game has a bad ping, seems to be a 50/50 chance that it'll affect everyone else in the match too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

A sign that I'm doing something right...

Kq6UJcb.png

Ponster wrote: »

Kq6UJcb.png

There are some absolute tools playing this game :D
    I thought I'd heard the last of the word 'noob' when I finished with Call of Duty all them years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Keno wrote: »

That was phenomenal! :)

Ponster wrote: »

Kq6UJcb.png

Yeah, I'm seeing a lot more of that lately.

Wish the game would restrict to the quick chat messages and cut out the ability to type crap like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

There are some absolute tools playing this game :D
    I thought I'd heard the last of the word 'noob' when I finished with Call of Duty all them years ago.

I wish all I was hearing was noob. These guys were tearing strips off their team-mate.

yjxRpfP.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I was getting the same. I got a massive STOP DOING THAT CHRIS!!!!!

I had scored two goals, had 3 shots, and made 1 save. We lost 5-3. He finished bottom of the 6 players. He stuck around for the next game, where he left when we were 2-0 down. AI replaced him and his friend, and I ended up winning 3-2!

The guys who are quick to moan are usually crap themselves.

I had a guy calling me a noob after I had missed goal, we were 4-2 down, I had scored 2 goals and had 5 saves....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

BizzyC wrote: »
    The guys who are quick to moan are usually crap themselves.

I had a guy calling me a noob after I had missed goal, we were 4-2 down, I had scored 2 goals and had 5 saves....

They tend to be the ones who have not learned how to anticipate where the ball is going to be and still chase it around the pitch, then usually end up ruining your carefully aligned shots with their blind need to touch the ball all the time, then blaming you for missing the shot or hilariously for getting in their way

Had some guy lose the rag last night after I blasted his trickling shot, that was most definitely going to be cleared, into the goal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,644 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

My pet hate are the ones that vote to forfeit as soon as you concede a goal.

Liking the option to find another ranked match in the new update. Beats having to quit to the main menu anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Give away 2 goals in a 1-1 round. Spam the chat thing with "****"s...seriously around 30 of them over a few minutes. Opponent says "Just Rage Quit" with a wink smiley. Big Mistake. Resurgence building in my blood. Win 3-2. Ecstasy!

To be honest. I win every second game now. Not enough to move anywhere in the ranks and I really want to get to the top in case they give out a reward or something (which I think they are). Set up two goals for one lad after a hell of a lot of effort. He then complains we're losing; "I have more points" he says...yeah, because you just tap the ****ing ball in ya prick. I'm setting you up. Drives me wild.

I do not know how to get better at this game. Seriously. I'm meandering in bronze, sometimes eeking into silver. I usually begin to figure a game out, not this. 40 hours in and non the wiser.

It's really hit and miss with me. Sometimes I'll go on and nail it, top scoring every game, pulling off great saves, others I'll be flipping around like a pleb missing the ball.
    It's a game you really have to be in the mood for.

Does anybody else get the bug where you lose the sound at the start of a match then it hangs on a loading screen when you have to go back to the main menu?
    A restart of the game seems to be the only way out of it.

yea exact same here, feels like i can't miss an aerial, everything I do is right. Took a break and came back a couple hours later I was so bad I was getting abuse. Ye just get in the zone sometimes and the rest of time I'm left wondering how I played well at all

• Advertisement
Advertisement