Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vikings [History Channel - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,871 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

WHAT???

Yup, due to the popularity of the show!

I wonder if they'll ever get round to an episode in Ireland, specifically Waterford (Vadrefjord), considering it was the first city in Ireland due to the Vikings taking over it in 914 AD.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Disappointed at the lack of Seer in S4

Floki totally being groomed as his apprentice

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Texas Jack wrote: »
    Disappointed at the lack of Seer in S4

Floki totally being groomed as his apprentice

He did show up as the pope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The lad who played the pope im pretty sure was the same lad who plays the See'r

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭zoeybelle

Any idea how they just killed off Bjorn's kid Siggy and nothing else was said about it? I assume her death coinciding with harbards departure is hinting at the way kids seem to drown when he's around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Well Kategat has gotten alot bigger.That last scene was good.

zoeybelle wrote: »
    Any idea how they just killed off Bjorn's kid Siggy and nothing else was said about it? I assume her death coinciding with harbards departure is hinting at the way kids seem to drown when he's around

They didn't touch it at all, but that's because after the defeat at Paris, it skipped a few years. I'm sure there'll be references in the second half of the season.

Great episode. The boat battle was very well done. And i thought the last few scenes were brilliant. Except for the eyes bit with Ivar. Da hell?! And something tells me Ragnar is going to be extreme badass! He was a bit of a letdown so far, the drugs and injuries messing him up and all, so it will be nice to see him back on form. Also be very interesting to see what he's been up to the last few years. Grand plan for Paris which will all come together in the last episode!

Also, a hint at Season 5, or a possible direction for the second half of this season: Mediterranean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I wonder who has been King, if anyone, when Ragnar was away? Maybe that old acquaintance of Ragnar's wife who's been in it lately - he did tell her he was going to be King.

Is Lagertha dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Is Lagertha dead?

Don't think so, we didn't see Rolo either in the time skip.

I'm guessing next half will be the birth of the Norman Empire and the revenge of the murdered settlement with will the spawn the great heathen army and King Harold.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Show needs more Judith - she's amazing

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

.......will the spawn the great heathen army and King Harold.

Historically it was Ivar who led the Great Heathen Army....so I liked how Aslaug asked Floki to teach him the Norse Gods and to hate the Christian God earlier in the Season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Texas Jack wrote: »
    Show needs more Judith - she's amazing

did she get one or two of her ears cut off?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

did she get one or two of her ears cut off?

Right ear was chopped off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Tenger wrote: »
    Historically it was Ivar who led the Great Heathen Army....so I liked how Aslaug asked Floki to teach him the Norse Gods and to hate the Christian God earlier in the Season.

Yeah, I think it will probably be all the sons bar what's his face who's going off to the med.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

how long has it been 10 or 15 years?

Katheryn Winnick finally got to show off her martial arts skills properly, although they could have worked it into the story better.

probably doing glima the viking martial art https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7UfuzVbI4A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Very solid return, huge amount to process in a single episode. If only other popular shows would follow that lead.

I don't know how there isn't more comments in this. I think the first 4 episodes have been great so far. Really interested to see where the Ragnar story is going, but i've a feeling
    that Ragnar and Ecbert are going to make a deal to join forces with Bjorn and attack Paris, but maybe that's me hoping too much
    . The scenes with Ragnar and Ecbert are amazing, the acting is incredible, i'm constantly awed at how well Travis Fimmel is portraying him. Also looking forward to the conclusion of Lagerthas story,
    thought she would axe the **** out of Aslaug, but an arrow to the back will suffice, didn't like that wry smile of hers, bloody witch! Glad she's gone though, she was annoying.
    I love this show! And i love the fact that it's the only one of my shows that hasn't taken a break over Xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭sxt

Yeah its gathering nice momentum now. I love the scene where Rollo gets unceremoniously dumped under the viking ship. The introduction of ivor the boneless and the sons of Ragnar is going to be epic

The darkness were inspired by this saga too

/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Hi guys, only at the end of S02 so don't want to read the full thread yet, just have 2 questions if you would be so kind as to answer.

When Ragnar tells Jarl Borg that he "conserts with eagle's" before the Blood Eagle, S02 E06 I think, what is it in reference to?

And not long after, Jarl Borg says that Ragnar has insulted King Horik. Is that Ragnar deciding to kill Jarl Borg despite Horiks wishes or have I missed something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭sxt

Hi guys, only at the end of S02 so don't want to read the full thread yet, just have 2 questions if you would be so kind as to answer.

When Ragnar tells Jarl Borg that he "conserts with eagle's" before the Blood Eagle, S02 E06 I think, what is it in reference to?

And not long after, Jarl Borg says that Ragnar has insulted King Horik. Is that Ragnar deciding to kill Jarl Borg despite Horiks wishes or have I missed something?

He respected Borg as a warrior even though he double crossed him and wanted to give him the chance to get to Valhalla by enduring the most brutal of deaths without crying out, he made it to Valhalla

Horrik believed he needed borg for his men and ships, but things changed when lagertha arrived as Ragnar s ally. Horrik didn't care less for borg anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

sxt wrote: »
    He respected Borg as a warrior even though he double crossed him and wanted to give him the chance to get to Valhalla by enduring the most brutal of deaths without crying out, he made it to Valhalla

I still don't get Ragnar stating Borg has an association with Eagle's? Surely he didn't know about the prophecy

Horrik believed he needed borg for his men and ships, but things changed when lagertha arrived as Ragnar s ally. Horrik didn't care less for borg anymore

So was Borg trying to sweet talk Horik or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

I think we all knew that was gonna happen but god that was hard to watch...2nd half of this season is the best tv i've watched in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

laneooo wrote: »
    I think we all knew that was gonna happen but god that was hard to watch...2nd half of this season is the best tv i've watched in a long time.

Only new to the thread but have watched it since day 1, I agree the second half is amazing it shows how much the show has matured since the beginning. Who was the man at the very end though?

schizo1014 wrote: »
    Only new to the thread but have watched it since day 1, I agree the second half is amazing it shows how much the show has matured since the beginning. Who was the man at the very end though?
    Dunno cant find anything online but one thing i did miss first time i watched it over the boat there is a load of crows which was a big thing with ragnar.

My guess is it's somebody ragnar met when he left and came to help ivar.

The acting and accents are brutal overall but Ragnar and Egbert elevated the show. I can't see how Ivar can carry this programme; he's wholly unconvincing.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

laneooo wrote: »
    Dunno cant find anything online but one thing i did miss first time i watched it over the boat there is a load of crows which was a big thing with ragnar.

My guess is it's somebody ragnar met when he left and came to help ivar.

I think it was supposed to be Odin because of the one eye and crows flying overhead has something to do with norse mythology.

schizo1014 wrote: »
    I think it was supposed to be Odin because of the one eye and crows flying overhead has something to do with norse mythology.
    How did i not think of that...knew crows meant he was important i think its confirmed to be odin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

The acting and accents are brutal overall but Ragnar and Egbert elevated the show. I can't see how Ivar can carry this programme; he's wholly unconvincing.
    I presumed Jonathan Rhys Meyers casting meant he may play an older version but apparently his an English King

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They've done an excellent job of aging the men in this show, but it strikes me as bizarre that they haven't bothered making the same effort for the women who look the same as they did in the first season? It's quite odd.

Great show though going from strength to strength.

Advertisement