Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price- Please read Mod note in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

mf240 wrote: »
    Word grain prices are what will drive it down.

The last peak wasnt as high or sustained and it bottomed out at 20 cent in 09.

Agreed on the effect grain prices are having on milk. If this harvest comes in as good globally as they predict, we're looking at 12 months downward pressure to milk prices. China have over purchased milk products by 3 months. This will take till Dec to flush out of the system. That might help things in Jan. On the other hand, the fact that the EU is having the shackles removed after 30 years, will slow down the milk product buyers until they see what effect the removal of quota does.
    I don't like using '09 as a yard stick. The financials were in a mess globally. Too many variable in the market back then to use it as a predictor of today's prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Too many US dairymen went to the wall after 2009 also, and they are weary of turning on the taps again to the same degree, and up to now have been happy to keep culling cows with a strong beef price.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Gman1987

NZ auction butter price = 2097 euro, Dutch quote = 3420 euro
    NZ WMP price = 2086 euro, Dutch quote = 2920 euro

Hopefully the NZ pricing is an over correction of the market but I'd say we are in for a bumpy ride in Europe over the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Pacoa

Glanbia cut 2 cent. Kerry to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭castletrader

Glanbia cut 2 cent. Kerry to follow.

And Stratroy to stay the same , i am told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭trixi2011

aurivo hold price at 37cent. http://t.co/rJJhH7M2TJ

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭poor farmer

Lakeland down another cent 36 cent now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

any word from Arrabawn ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,246 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

glanbia milk cheques are in accounts today, i was assuming they wouldnt be in til tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭loveta

Lakeland down another cent 36 cent now

Was told during the week that they are paying 3 cent more a lt to there northern suppliers. Any one know if there is any truth in it??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Ah... good old GII keeping their promise to pay a market leading price :rolleyes:

Expect a return of the 2c a litre fine on over production in 2015 too,so as to shore up bellview.

Farmers are some mugs and don't they know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Viewtodiefor

whelan2 wrote: »
    glanbia milk cheques are in accounts today, i was assuming they wouldnt be in til tuesday

Is August a five week month Whelan?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,246 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Is August a five week month Whelan?

No september afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

whitebriar wrote: »
    Ah... good old GII keeping their promise to pay a market leading price :rolleyes:

Expect a return of the 2c a litre fine on over production in 2015 too,so as to shore up bellview.

Farmers are some mugs and don't they know it.
    2c/litre fine in 2015?? First I've heard of this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Hidden as a lower milk price?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

why the hell would any organisation that has built a new plant fine you for filling it. its a fixed cost the 1 thing they need is plenty of litres to reduce that cost. if anything they would fine you for not producing more (btw that is not happening either)
    glanbia is going to make its margin whether milk price is 40 cent or 20 cent. the world market dictates and its a pretty transparent market. which I for 1 prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,116 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Arrabawn down 1 to 36 vat inc.aurivo held at 37 fair play to them.with the mRkets the way the Are its surprising that 2 cent cut wasn't across all coops.would make u wonder how much was been held back price wise through the last year,40 plus was easily achievable but no obe had the balls to break it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

37.76 c/l @ 3.47p 3.88bf.
    Base is 35.
    Difference of 5c/l between top and bottom 10%. In my own case being too slow to take out paddocks and grass getting stemmy in parts of rotation cost me just shy of 1c/l I reckon for last month

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭C4d78

39.38c/l 3.95 & 3.64
    35c/l Base

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

What are the markets like at the minute?
    Father talking to milk advisor this morning and said he wouldn't be too confident about milk staying at 35 after talking to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

What are the markets like at the minute?
    Father talking to milk advisor this morning and said he wouldn't be too confident about milk staying at 35 after talking to him

Its in afair mess at the minute. The overall market was on a downward trend due to the increased production and the withdrawal of the Chinese from the market and there is even talk of them dumping some of the earlier bought stocks.but the russian thing has unsettled the whole thing as market shifts around, in other words people who supplied russia before must shift somewhere else and rrussia must find different suppliers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Any news on last years super levy?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭stop thelights

Any liquid suppliers here. Is your price slipping as well even though price in the shop is staying the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

Any liquid suppliers here. Is your price slipping as well even though price in the shop is staying the same!

Yes slipping . Base now 33.5c/l iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭stop thelights

Yes slipping . Base now 33.5c/l iirc

Doesn't make sense does it!! Price in the shop is the same isn't it? I'm just guessing that it is. Everyone is in for a bumpy ride so!

case885 wrote: »
    Any news on last years super levy?

Got text today to say that we are inthe clear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

keep going wrote: »
    Got text today to say that we are inthe clear

So you'll get all the fine back?

So you'll get all the fine back?

Cant answer that unless you are supplying the same coop as me.you must be over a good bit going by your ice bucket challenge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

I see AIB are predicting a rise in milk price for the first half of nxt yr in their latest agricultural newsletter. I hope their right, can't say I'd be over optimistic with their track record of market forecasts!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement