Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD Black Ops] News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Leopardi

In comparison to being put in games with players vastly more experienced than me, I care little for quick-scopers or campers. I doubt if things will change all that much with this one in that regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Leopardi wrote: »
    In comparison to being put in games with players vastly more experienced than me, I care little for quick-scopers or campers. I doubt if things will change all that much with this one in that regard.

Agrree that can be a problem.But I dont think they could match up people correctly just going by level or what prestige they are on.

Perhaps try and change your gameplay?Play a lot more defensively(without camping:pac:)and dont rush around the place like a headless chicken,aim at first for an even K/D ratio.

Or even better forget about K/D ratio and just play for the hell of it.

Also maybe play more objective based games like CTF were you might of died 20 times but capped 3 flags and still be top of the leader board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Magill wrote: »
    that sounds awesome, any idea how "Local" you can go ? I doubt its as local as 50-100 miles ?

Im guessing local means Europe. In Street Fighter for example when you choose a local search is means Europe. Would be class tho, Irish only lobbys:D

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Agrree that can be a problem.But I dont think they could match up people correctly just going by level or what prestige they are on.

Perhaps try and change your gameplay?Play a lot more defensively(without camping:pac:)and dont rush around the place like a headless chicken,aim at first for an even K/D ratio.

Or even better forget about K/D ratio and just play for the hell of it.

Also maybe play more objective based games like CTF were you might of died 20 times but capped 3 flags and still be top of the leader board

Yes, thanks for that advice. That's what I tend to do, but as I can spend little more than an hour per-night on the game, it can be frustrating to be pitted against those who have honed their skills through extended gaming sessions!

Yes, thanks for that advice. That's what I tend to do, but as I can spend little more than an hour per-night on the game, it can be frustrating to be pitted against those who have honed their skills through extended gaming sessions!

i only have the recession to thank for my skill level!!Also check out the maps in a private game on your own so at least you have a feel for them without the pressure of getting killed in a public game.

Again try and not let your K/D ratio get to you especially if you cant play all that much.Just enjoy the few kills you do get.

Put your gamertag?PSN id in this thread when its out:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055952610&page=15 and you should get a few invites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Some "Little-Known Facts about Black Ops" confirmed by JD_2020

-Multiplayer Online Split-Screen - sounds very cool, connect a 2nd controller and bring online a guest or a second psn account like you're playing on 2 different consoles.

-Custom Games Editor - making private matches highly customizable down to options like pistol only matchs.

-Regional/local matchmaking is an option - ability to specify whether you want to match with players from other regions or only those local to you.

No quick scoping and customised characters added to the above makes this game even better.

People who slag off MW2 with its many faults gloss over the fact that it was/is one brilliant game.
    Tried going back to MW1 but the graphics just put me off after playing MW2 all year. I hope they have enough talent left in IW to make MW3 as good next year.

i only have the recession to thank for my skill level!!Also check out the maps in a private game on your own so at least you have a feel for them without the pressure of getting killed in a public game.

Again try and not let your K/D ratio get to you especially if you cant play all that much.Just enjoy the few kills you do get.

Put your gamertag?PSN id in this thread when its out:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055952610&page=15 and you should get a few invites.

Cheers! Yes, I'll probably get inundated with invites now that everyone knows I'm an easy target!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

One thing thats concerning me is the second chance perk, apparently anyone can revive you if your down.... last stand was probably my second most hated perk in mw2 just because of how ****ing anoying it can be.

I'd be rushing and shoot some1, thinking hes dead i'd quickly move on, realise hes not and then have to turn around again and finnish him off. Always seems to be some1 in last stand when you're about to get an awesome spraydown or something aswel.

Cheers! Yes, I'll probably get inundated with invites now that everyone knows I'm an easy target!
    I never thought of that:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Could someone please explain the differences in the 3 editions of the new Black Ops and estimate difference in price?

Sound.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

From what I've seen:

Normal - €50-60
    Hardened - €75/80 - 4 extra maps
    Prestige - €160ish - extra maps and RC car

I presume the extra maps will be available as DLC,if you get the bog standard version.

Must check and see the prices for the PC version of the game are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well including the DLC is a good idea, but if they're able to do that, why wouldn't they just include the maps as standard?

It reeks of a money making swindle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I presume the extra maps will be available as DLC,if you get the bog standard version.

Must check and see the prices for the PC version of the game are.

I heard someone say before that they don't plan on bringing those maps out via DLC so the only way is through getting them in the hardened / prestige version.

Glad I dont live in germany http://www.mcvuk.com/news/41542/EU-versions-of-Black-Ops-banned-in-Germany

I remember that crytech who were based in germany complaining that the censorship was too much when they were developing crysis that they threatened to move countries(dont know if they ever did).

Its a bit much steam enforcing the censorship by only letting german copies work.

60€ on steam for pc version and no mention of any special editions!Get it cheaper else where.

No mention of any special editions that I could find with a quick google

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

No sign of the PC version on Zavvi.com but it is listed on coolshop.co.uk for £31.77.

I'll be flying home from the UK on release day so I'll just call into a shop and pay with cheap cheap sterling.

Thin kit was 34.99 on amazon.Dont have CC so will end up getting it in a brick and mortar store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Viktor.

Gamestop are doing the PC version for €45. Have it pre-ordered there as I had a credit note to make use of :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Leeg17 wrote: »
    I heard someone say before that they don't plan on bringing those maps out via DLC so the only way is through getting them in the hardened / prestige version.

Balls. I see they're including a medal and fancy box than no one wants just to squeeze a few more quid from us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Final Perk list, Some interesting changes
    FIRST PERK SLOT

Lightweight (Move faster.)
    Lightweight PRO (No fall damage.)
    Scavenger (Pick up ammo from fallen enemies. Replenish lethal grenades.) 2000$
    Scavenger PRO (Start with extra mags. Replenish tactical grenades.)
    Ghost (Undetectable by the Spy Plane and the Blackbird.) 2000$
    Ghost PRO (Undetectable by aircraft, dogs, IR and sentries. No red crosshair or name when targeted.)
    Flak Jacket (Reduces damage taken from explosives.) 2000$
    Flak Jacket PRO (Immune to fire damage and allows to safely toss back grenades.)
    Hardline (Killstreaks require 1 less kill.) 2000$
    Hardline PRO (Change the contents of a Care Package.)

SECOND PERK SLOT

Hardened (Bullets penetrate better.)
    Hardened Pro: (Bullets do extra damage to aircraft and turrets. Reduced flinch when you are shot.)
    Scout (Hold breath longer.) 2000$
    Scout PRO (Faster weapon switching.)
    Steady Aim (Increased hip-fire accuracy.)
    Steady Aim PRO (Quicker aiming after sprinting and quicker recovery after knife lunge.)
    Sleight of Hand (Faster reloads.) 2000$
    Sleight of Hand PRO (Faster aiming down sights with non-scoped weapons.)
    Warlord (Equip two attachments to your primary weapon. Doesn't work with grenade launchers.) 2000$
    Warlord PRO (Start with 1 extra lethal and tactical grenade (except smoke).

THIRD PERK SLOT

Marathon (Longer sprint.)
    Marathon PRO (Unlimited sprint.)
    Ninja (Silent movement.) 2000$
    Ninja PRO (Louder enemies. Completely silent.)
    Second Chance (Pull out your pistol before dying. You can be revived.) 2000$
    Second Chance PRO (Survive longer and every teammate can revive you.)
    Hacker (Ability to detect enemy equipment and explosives.) 2000$
    Hacker PRO (Can sabotage enemy equipment, turrets, and crates. Invisible to Motion Sensors.)
    Tactical Mask (Protects against gas grenades.) 2000$
    Tactical Mask PRO (Reduces the effects of flash and concussion grenades. Reveals the position of flashed or stunned enemy.)

THAT IS ****ING BULL**** ! And they said quickscoping was cheap.... **** off.... I wont revive my teammates... instead i'll teabag them until they die.

THAT IS ****ING BULL**** ! And they said quickscoping was cheap.... **** off.... I wont revive my teammates... instead i'll teabag them until they die.

You only live for 10 seconds (with Pro) unless a team mate revivies you, if not you die anyways. I agree that it's just Last Stand in disguise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

have to agree, that sounds really annoying. Sort of like the medic in Battlefield.
    I like the sound of hacker

You only live for 10 seconds (with Pro) unless a team mate revivies you, if not you die anyways. I agree that it's just Last Stand in disguise.

I know... but it'll get abused, besides the fact that it is mega anoying when you shoot someone and he goes into last stand. All they'd have to do is stand behind a box, building up killstreaks, while his team mate lying next to him revives him every time he gets shot. Its alot worse than last stand because anyone can revive you. So yeah... **** that, getting 2 lifes is smellier bull**** than commando/dc and oma combined imo.

All the rest of the perks look really good tho, nothing like stopping power thats a must have so you can mix match alot more... seriously dont know what they were thinking with second chance tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Just when you thought commando was dead they bring it back somewhat:
    "Steady Aim PRO (Quicker aiming after sprinting and quicker recovery after knife lunge.)"
    Ghost Pro looks overpowered considering you are invisible to even dogs, can see alot of people using it

iMuse wrote: »
    Just when you thought commando was dead they bring it back somewhat:
    "Steady Aim PRO (Quicker aiming after sprinting and quicker recovery after knife lunge.)"
    Ghost Pro looks overpowered considering you are invisible to even dogs, can see alot of people using it

sounds more like the tac knife tho, not commando.

Also, didnt know that marathon pro = unlimited, not that it anoys me or anything, just a bit of a suprise cos i thought i'd heard they were stopping the knife knifey classes.

Think Lightweight/SOH/Marathon might be my class of choice for SMG'ing

Probably Scavenger/SOH/Ninja for assault rifle/killstreak building class.

sounds more like the tac knife tho, not commando.

Also, didnt know that marathon pro = unlimited, not that it anoys me or anything, just a bit of a suprise.

Think Lightweight/SOH/Marathon might be my class of choice for SMG'ing

Probably Scavenger/SOH/Ninja for assault rifle/killstreak building class.

Marathon = Longer, not unlimited sprint in BO.
    Nearly all the gameplay vids for BO have Lightweight/Something/Marathon as the perks :mad:

Marathon = Longer, not unlimited sprint in BO.
    Nearly all the gameplay vids for BO have Lightweight/Something/Marathon as the perks :mad:

Marathon pro is unlimited according to that list.

• Advertisement

Marathon pro is unlimited according to that list.

I just presumed that it was the bold that was the only changes. In the list I read before, marathon pro wasn't unlimited sprint, and lightweight pro was faster aim after sprinting.

Advertisement