Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TA Events : The Chernarus Conflict Part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

Got my dates mixed up, where as now, i'm there.

Calender fail win!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

im interested in heading over to this has anyone got any room in their car ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Puding wrote: »
    i assumed it was something a little less than world domination being planned :)

What? Awwwww, I feel so let down now ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I got my private forum password just now. It's ****ing on now chaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I got my private forum password just now. It's ****ing on now chaps.

Got mine too there

FIRST POST?!?!?!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Ian doesn't seem to have sent out the Chedaki password yet. Or if he has, it hasn't arrived at my email account yet. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i have received mine, but i know Ian had a problem with the confirmation emails going out but it appears he is working thought the backlog know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Is anyone else still having trouble viewing their factions forums?

I'm still getting "[#10333] We could not find the forum you were attempting to view."

Is anyone else still having trouble viewing their factions forums?

I'm still getting "[#10333] We could not find the forum you were attempting to view."

i can view the chedaki forum without issue, if your still having trouble the best bet might be to drop ian a mail and raise the issue

Are you registered on those forums and logged in?

As that's the error message you normally get when not logged in and attempting to view an area only members can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

ASI Casper wrote: »
    Are you registered on those forums and logged in?

As that's the error message you normally get when not logged in and attempting to view an area only members can see.

........That could very well be the problem.

I forgot to click remember log in, so thought i had that covered, but apparently not.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

To anyone who's going and has free spaces/bus space/car spaces, etc., we have 2 team members looking for lifts from Dublin. They won't eat much and they don't know the difference between right and wrong. If anyone's had any last-minute bailers, please speak up.

To anyone who's going and has free spaces/bus space/car spaces, etc., we have 2 team members looking for lifts from Dublin. They won't eat much and they don't know the difference between right and wrong. If anyone's had any last-minute bailers, please speak up.

if there really stuck then i know the guys in the north are heading over in a minibus going thought dublin port. and i believe they still a fair number of places left, best bet is to talk to casper over at the asi forum

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah sent a pm to casper waiting on a reply ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

If they dont get sorted with the ASI lads we could probably sort something for them. Just drop me a PM if needs be.

tell gerrout to check his PMs. Sent him a reply yesterday. On a camping / canoe trip here with dying mobile battery. Will try to forward PM copy directly to you before battery dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

So I decided I've missed enough games this year and just bought a ticket for this game :)

But... here's the ringer... I've just started a new job and asking for time off in your first month doesn't seem like the greatest idea,

So instead, I've concocted the crazy idea of doing the following;

Ferry from Rosslare to Fishguard Friday evening, departs 21.15, probably leave the office about 16.30 aiming to be in Rosslare at 19.30 at the latest. This gets me to Fishguard at 00.45. It's about a 2 hour drive to Senny from there, so it'll be grab the bed out of the boot and get some sleep fairly sharpish. (I'm also quite tempted to get a cabin on the ferry and just sleep for the journey.

Insane move no.2; Ferry back from Holyhead at 20.30 on the Sunday evening, this shouldn't be too bad, need to leave senny about 14.30 by the latest for a leisurely drive to Holyhead with enough time for loading etc... and this will leave me in Dublin about 23.45, straight home and just enough sleep to look normal in the office on Monday morning.

It's just me in the car at the moment, and I've a huge boot space, so there's room for 2 more people with their gear.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

kdouglas wrote: »
    Insane move no.2; Ferry back from Holyhead at 20.30 on the Sunday evening, this shouldn't be too bad, need to leave senny about 14.30 by the latest for a leisurely drive to Holyhead with enough time for loading etc... and this will leave me in Dublin about 23.45, straight home and just enough sleep to look normal in the office on Monday morning.

Or what you could do; is get the 02.30 ferry from holyhead - with cabin ftw - sleep for a few hours and then roll off the ferry at 6am; get home & unload and then go into work.

Iv'e done that more than a few times although you will feel a bit like the undead. But you'll at least have had some kip and perhaps avoided the manic scramble to make the 20.30 ferry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Sounds good. Fishguard-Senny is a much easier drive than Holyhead. I think it'd be good to get some sleep on the ferry. You'll get in to Senny at 03:00 so you won't get an awful lot of sleep there, maybe 4 hours or so.

Welcome aboard.

Lemming wrote: »
    Or what you could do; is get the 02.30 ferry from holyhead - with cabin ftw - sleep for a few hours and then roll off the ferry at 6am; get home & unload and then go into work.

Iv'e done that more than a few times although you will feel a bit like the undead. But you'll at least have had some kip and perhaps avoided the manic scramble to make the 20.30 ferry.

Did that last year with the missus coming back from Alton Towers, hanging around Holyhead until 02.30 is bloody boring, i'd rather get back a bit earlier and sleep in my own bed. :)

• Advertisement

kdouglas wrote: »
    Did that last year with the missus coming back from Alton Towers, hanging around Holyhead until 02.30 is bloody boring, i'd rather get back a bit earlier and sleep in my own bed. :)

the wait at holyhead is a killer :)

I have been asked on behalf ot Ian at TA-Events to allay any concerns regarding the build-up to the Chernarus conflict part 2. The event organisation is still on track and looking good, and the reason for the inactivity on the official site over the last couple of months has been due to a serious illness within the immediate family.

So, before I finish, I'd like to take a moment to ask that your thoughts and prayers go with the family.

Last but not least, roll on September 4th and see you all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭drpepper

Hey Lads,

I'm sorry to inform you all that Ian's father passed away over the weekend.
    At this time i would like to extend to Ian, his family and friends our condolences.
    Ian assures me that all will be in order but naturally his priorities are elsewhere during this painful time.

May our prayers and thoughts be with him.

Regards,
    Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

So sorry to hear it. Ian is a sound bloke and my prayers go out to him and the family.

I'm gutted that i cant make part 2 but hoping to make the spring 11 event.

my condolences to ian, family and friends

remember guys to pre book any pyros using the 'my booking' section on the ta events website

and remember to keep an eye on the ta events website, understandable ian focus is else where at the moment so any pre game information needed for the event will be posted relatively close to the weekend

My sincere condolences to Ian and his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

I'll also be missing part two, and if the dates dont change I'll be missing part three aswell.

Condolences to him and his family, I hope they get through this difficult time.

Ok folks, we're less than a week away so can you all check that everyone you know who is going has familiarised themselves with the game scenario and more importantly; the rules. "Sure I know how to play airsoft" will not cut it; garden-variety airsoft skirmish this is not.

I would also encourage everyone to keep an eye on the forum for this event, and to the faction sub-forums for which each player should have received a password upon receipt of their event booking email.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

uh... anyone having a problem logging into the my bookings page?
    I'm getting this message....input string not in correct format

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

yep me too

Advertisement