Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to install a HKC window slimline sensor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

altor wrote: »
    If you want to cover the openings then contacts on them is what you need plus a shock sensor. If the window is over 6 foot, 2 shock sensors are needed.

large window is 55 wide by 70 and have sensor on that then there is a top small window 55wide by 30 which i was going to put an extra contact on and wire it in with the sensor or should i put on two sensors.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

tangoman wrote: »
    large window is 55 wide by 70 and have sensor on that then there is a top small window 55wide by 30 which i was going to put an extra contact on and wire it in with the sensor or should i put on two sensors.

55 inch is just over 4.5 foot. 72 inch is 6 foot. If the whole length of the window is over 6 foot you would need 2 shocks installed. A contact only picks up on an opening of the window so if you want to cover the opening you will need to install a contact for each opening. On windows that only have one opening you could install a shock/contact sensor (just make sure you install it on the opening side of the window) which will cover both options for you.

55 inch is just over 4.5 foot. 72 inch is 6 foot. If the whole length of the window is over 6 foot you would need 2 shocks installed. A contact only picks up on an opening of the window so if you want to cover the opening you will need to install a contact for each opening. On windows that only have one opening you could install a shock/contact sensor (just make sure you install it on the opening side of the window) which will cover both options for you.

sorry that was the size of the openings in cm not inches.

I think the sensors that i have fitted are are shock/contact sensors they come with a magnet and have fitted them on the opening side of the window but only on the big opening window and did not know to fit another sensor on the small window or just a contact
    i have wired them as your diagram for single end wiring with two resistors

i have not bought contacts yet.I have three windows with one large and one small opening.I have put a sensor on the big window and was just going to put a contact on the smaller window and wire them together maybe you could advise me diffrent

This is what you want then ;)

This is what you want then ;)

thanks i presume this is contact with tamper.

what your opinion on fitting a digi dialler and what type would you recomend.

• Advertisement

thanks i presume this is contact with tamper.

Just split the red core and resistor on the contact, that is for the tamper. It was the handiest picture to use :D
    what your opinion on fitting a digi dialler and what type would you recomend.

For the panel your using the SW-DMTC is the best one. Very easy to program also. Who is your phone provider ?

Just split the red core and resistor on the contact, that is for the tamper. It was the handiest picture to use :D

For the panel your using the SW-DMTC is the best one. Very easy to program also. Who is your phone provider ?

eircom.

so the sensor I wire different to the other ones with no contact.
    all these are wired as your diagram for single line

you have three wires going to contact red blue and black and two resistors.do I fit resistors at contact or at sensor

what make is the digi dialler where best to get it

would it be easier for me to fit an extra sensor instead of a contact as your diagram for dual end of line as I have spare sensors

eircom.

so the sensor I wire different to the other ones with no contact.
    all these are wired as your diagram for single line

you have three wires going to contact red blue and black and two resistors.do I fit resistors at contact or at sensor

what make is the digi dialler where best to get it

would it be easier for me to fit an extra sensor instead of a contact as your diagram for dual end of line as I have spare sensors

Reason is you are only wiring a contact off the sensor. You will have to move the resistors to the last sensor.
    You could do that if you have spare sensors but contacts are a lot cheaper to buy.

You will get a list of suppliers here

The link i gave you is for the text dialer off the alarm, You can program up to 17 phone number into the text dialer for self monitoring.

Any problems let me know.

Reason is you are only wiring a contact off the sensor. You will have to move the resistors to the last sensor.
    You could do that if you have spare sensors but contacts are a lot cheaper to buy.

You will get a list of suppliers here

The link i gave you is for the text dialer off the alarm, You can program up to 17 phone number into the text dialer for self monitoring.

Any problems let me know.

thanks will have a go tomorrow will get everything working and then worry about digi dialler after

thanks will have a go tomorrow will get everything working and then worry about digi dialler after

Your welcome,

The dialer will be be the easy part :D

• Advertisement

Your welcome,

The dialer will be be the easy part :D

i was told not to fit resistors in sensor but to just link out 1 and 2 and then one pair of wires from 5 and 6 for alarm and 3 and 4 for tamper
    but have done it your way with just one pair of wires does it make a difference which way it is done

i was told not to fit resistors in sensor but to just link out 1 and 2 and then one pair of wires from 5 and 6 for alarm and 3 and 4 for tamper
    but have done it your way with just one pair of wires does it make a difference which way it is done

Yes it can be done either way but then if someone was to tamper with your sensor cables you would know nothing about. My way is more secure.

Yes it can be done either way but then if someone was to tamper with your sensor cables you would know nothing about. My way is more secure.

have wired all sensors as your diagrams thanks.
    My panel is 12 zone with a 4 zone expander.How do I connect the expander to main panel.
    All my windows and doors are on seterate circuits back to the board.
    Can I connect to any zone.Was told zones 5 6 7 8 are special zones and the front door has to be wired to special zone.
    hAVE fitted Rkp at front door and fitted and connected outside bell box.
    Was going to fit extra rkp in bedroom with a panic button and also fit a panic butten at front door.Can they be connected in with rkp.
    thanks

have wired all sensors as your diagrams thanks.
    My panel is 12 zone with a 4 zone expander.How do I connect the expander to main panel.
    All my windows and doors are on seterate circuits back to the board.
    Can I connect to any zone.Was told zones 5 6 7 8 are special zones and the front door has to be wired to special zone.
    hAVE fitted Rkp at front door and fitted and connected outside bell box.
    Was going to fit extra rkp in bedroom with a panic button and also fit a panic butten at front door.Can they be connected in with rkp.
    thanks

Any zone can be used. Zone 1 is usually for the front door as it is set up in the panel as entry/exit but this can be changed in the programming so any zone will do. Zones 5,6,7 and 8 can be configured to use point ID sensors but are set up as ordinary zones for all types of sensors as standard. The keypad has a built in panic button so no need to wire a panic in beside the keypad. * plus # are used to activate this. The expander is wired into the panel on the keypad bus.

Any zone can be used. Zone 1 is usually for the front door as it is set up in the panel as entry/exit but this can be changed in the programming so any zone will do. Zones 5,6,7 and 8 can be configured to use point ID sensors but are set up as ordinary zones for all types of sensors as standard. The keypad has a built in panic button so no need to wire a panic in beside the keypad. * plus # are used to activate this. The expander is wired into the panel on the keypad bus.

thanks.
    problem is i cant see without my glasses a i am 73 years old and would not be able to press code for keypad and thats why i wanted to just be able to press a button.
    is it possible to get a remote control to swith on and off alarm.
    i have a beam in the hall and if i come downstairs in morning and want to switch off alarm i wont be able to thats why i was going to put a keypad next to my bed

thanks.
    problem is i cant see without my glasses a i am 73 years old and would not be able to press code for keypad and thats why i wanted to just be able to press a button.
    is it possible to get a remote control to swith on and off alarm.
    i have a beam in the hall and if i come downstairs in morning and want to switch off alarm i wont be able to thats why i was going to put a keypad next to my bed

You would of being better off installing the new HKC SECUREWAVE panel. With this panel you could of installed a keyfob into the alarm as it can take wire free devices. You could install a quick bridge onto the alarm you have if you have any free zones to add a kefob for turning the alarm on and off. The quick bridge costs about €80 plus a two button fob would cost about €30. If you want to install panic buttons beside the keypad this can also be done. You will need a free zone for these in the panel. The motion in the hall can either be off at night or you can have it on entry/exit depending on which way you have it set up in the panel.

You would of being better off installing the new HKC SECUREWAVE panel. With this panel you could of installed a keyfob into the alarm as it can take wire free devices. You could install a quick bridge onto the alarm you have if you have any free zones to add a kefob for turning the alarm on and off. The quick bridge costs about €80 plus a two button fob would cost about €30. If you want to install panic buttons beside the keypad this can also be done. You will need a free zone for these in the panel. The motion in the hall can either be off at night or you can have it on entry/exit depending on which way you have it set up in the panel.

do you know what the new panel would cost and how many zones it has would i still have to buy a keyfob

i have six wires to keypad how do i wire in panic button

do you know what the new panel would cost and how many zones it has would i still have to buy a keyfob

i have six wires to keypad how do i wire in panic button

About €150. Yes you would need to buy the keyfob.

Follow attachment.

About €150. Yes you would need to buy the keyfob.

Follow attachment.

have fitted two sensors as your duel end of line on windows with two openings.how do i connect the black wire from sensor 1 to the end of the resistor in sensor 2 i have a junction box with tamper can i use this as i have a link wire at one window also and would be easier to use a junction box and put the resistors here or do resistors have to be fitted straight in to sensor .
    have two heat alarms do i wire them as normally open or closed

have fitted two sensors as your duel end of line on windows with two openings.how do i connect the black wire from sensor 1 to the end of the resistor in sensor 2 i have a junction box with tamper can i use this as i have a link wire at one window also and would be easier to use a junction box and put the resistors here or do resistors have to be fitted straight in to sensor .
    have two heat alarms do i wire them as normally open or closed

Best thing to do is use a single connector block inside the sensor.
    They should be n/c.

• Advertisement

Best thing to do is use a single connector block inside the sensor.
    They should be n/c.

the panic buttons i have are different to the diagram you sent me it is a KP4 has two tamper terminals and two are connected via a resistor wire then there are two spare terminals,do i take off the resistor wire that is fitted and fit two 4K7 resistors instead

the panic buttons i have are different to the diagram you sent me it is a KP4 has two tamper terminals and two are connected via a resistor wire then there are two spare terminals,do i take off the resistor wire that is fitted and fit two 4K7 resistors instead

If you post a picture i will make you a diagram.

ok will do tomorrow

ok will do tomorrow

here are photos os pb hope you can see ok the link

here are photos

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

i want to fit a Hkc pir.there are 7 terminals
    + - data alarm2 tamper2 how do i wire it thanks

i want to fit a Hkc pir.there are 7 terminals
    + - data alarm2 tamper2 how do i wire it thanks

ok will post photo later in meantime i have wired the panic buttons as your diagram.i have two one in bedroom and one in hall i have used the two spare wires at the rkp for the one in the hall and have seperate line from beedroom can i now wire these two into the same zone at panel or will i have to wire them different and are these what you call id sewnsors and would they go in zones 5 to 8 or it does not matter

• Advertisement

here is photo of pir

Advertisement