Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your setup?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭skallywag

1m Gibertini on 28E, 80cm Triax with 19.2E on prime focus & 13E offset, feeding 2 x Dm800s via Spaun4-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

skallywag wrote: »
    1m Gibertini on 28E, 80cm Triax with 19.2E on prime focus & 13E offset, feeding 2 x Dm800s via Spaun4-1.

where are you 1m for astra 28.2 is interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭skallywag

kooga wrote: »
    where are you 1m for astra 28.2 is interesting

Near Lake of Constance.

The 1m just about holds onto the 28E UK-spot beam transponders when they start to weaken off in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Photos please. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Near Lake of Constance.

The 1m just about holds onto the 28E UK-spot beam transponders when they start to weaken off in the evenings.

Very impressive for 28 east. Since the change over, even here in Poland/Czech Rep and Slovakia 2m dish is required and for some a 2.5m for good reception.

On my 1.1m gibertini here in Southern Poland I get about 2db on the Freesat channels, considering 7 west I get about 3.5-4.5db! Still not strong enough for any kind of lock though as I find 4.9db is the minimum for lock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Anyone got a multi lnb set up in the cavan area ?

Ok can anyone post a "shopping list" of what I might need to get up and running with a wavefrontier t90 type set up. Thanks.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭RimaNTSS

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Ok can anyone post a "shopping list" of what I might need to get up and running with a wavefrontier t90 type set up.
    - Wall mount or ground stand (depending on your needs).
    - T90
    - 4 LNBs
    - 1 x Diseqc 1/4
    - 10 F-connectors
    - Cable (enough meters to run from antenna to the TV)
    - SAT receiver
    - TV set.
    - patience :)

RimaNTSS wrote: »
    - Wall mount or ground stand (depending on your needs). X
    - T90 X
    - 4 LNBs X What type should I buy?
    - 1 x Diseqc 1/4 X What type again?
    - 10 F-connectors
    - Cable (enough meters to run from antenna to the TV)
    - SAT receiver
    - TV set.
    - patience :)
    X
    So I'm about half ready. Any links to where I might source the required Equipment?

Diseqc.... any which has 4 LNB connections Protocol 1.0 of 2.0. Your choice.
    LNBs: also any, universal
    In one shop when I asked question: Do you have LNBs? They answered with another question: What kind of LNBs you prefer? Black or white? :o Means, any single LNB will be OK, they all more or less same quality nowadays and signals from satellites (not exotic ones) are so strong. It is possible to find LNBs for about 3-4 EUR each, but also possible to find for 15 EUR each. I would say, even used ones would be OK.

T90.... ask in some local shop, and, if they have one they will probably have also the mount.

• Advertisement

Diseqc.... any which has 4 LNB connections Protocol 1.0 of 2.0. Your choice.
    LNBs: also any, universal
    In one shop when I asked question: Do you have LNBs? They answered with another question: What kind of LNBs you prefer? Black or white? :o Means, any single LNB will be OK, they all more or less same quality nowadays and signals from satellites (not exotic ones) are so strong. It is possible to find LNBs for about 3-4 EUR each, but also possible to find for 15 EUR each. I would say, even used ones would be OK.

T90.... ask in some local shop, and, if they have one they will probably have also the mount.

Is this dish adequate would you say?

http://www.satkontor.de/wavefield-t90-toroidal-sat-antenne-90cm-mit-doppelreflektor-anthrazit.html

I think price is adequate, but will probably cost some $$ to ship. Secondly, on their site on the pictures they placed T55 (I circled it red) instead of T90. That could be their mistake, but anyway, be careful to not purchase smaller version of toroidal dish.

Would the wall beside the window be suitable for a t90 dish and in relation to the sky dish above what general direction would it be pointing?

34o9b47.jpg

Is that your Sky dish? If you place T90 approximately like I circled red than you would be able to get all sats you need. And also Sky dish could be removed as well as T90 will give you much better signal from 28,2*E.
    Hopefully you do not have lots of sliding snow from the roof.

Is that your Sky dish? If you place T90 approximately like I circled red than you would be able to get all sats you need. And also Sky dish could be removed as well as T90 will give you much better signal from 28,2*E.
    Hopefully you do not have lots of sliding snow from the roof.

Yes that's the sky dish. Would the t90 we pointing in a similar direction? one thing that confuses me is the sky dish is pointed at 28.2 E yet to me it is pointing towards the west. :confused:

I would say, your T90 in the position I previously circled red, will be looking more East (some 15*), more parallel to the wall. And than you will be able to get, for example 28,2*E (for Sky)- 23,5*E- 19,2*E- 16*E - 13*E- 9*E- 4,8*E- 0,8*W. So, potentially 8 satellites, you chose any 4 of them to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I would say, your T90 in the position I previously circled red, will be looking more East (some 15*), more parallel to the wall. And than you will be able to get, for example 28,2*E (for Sky)- 23,5*E- 19,2*E- 16*E - 13*E- 9*E- 4,8*E- 0,8*W. So, potentially 8 satellites, you chose any 4 of them to start with.

In that position with the red circle the T90 will be pointing more perpendicular to the wall surely Rimants ?
    That wall looks like its facing due East
    If the T90 goes on that wall it might need the pole to be a good bit offset from the wall so it can face south .
    one thing that confuses me is the sky dish is pointed at 28.2 E yet to me it is pointing towards the west.
    Its pointing 28 degrees east of due south ,well it should be anyway :D

I still think that 16*E direction (central satellite) is perpendicular to the wall, so antenna than will be parallel.
    That would be good for UrbanFret to check his location here dishpointer.com

Zardoz wrote: »
    In that position with the red circle the T90 will be pointing more perpendicular to the wall surely Rimants ?
    That wall looks like its facing due East
    If the T90 goes on that wall it might need the pole to be a good bit offset from the wall so it can face south .

Its pointing 28 degrees east of due south ,well it should be anyway :D

I never was much good at directions. That wall faces east as that's where the sun rises. Would the t90 be pointing more to the left or right of where it is now. If someone in cavan or any adjoining county had a set up i could have a look at it would make things so much easier as I can pick up things much easier by looking at them rather than been told what to do.

That wall faces east as that's where the sun rises.
    Could you show your house here dishpointer.com ?

• Advertisement

I never was much good at directions. That wall faces east as that's where the sun rises. Would the t90 be pointing more to the left or right of where it is now. If someone in cavan or any adjoining county had a set up i could have a look at it would make things so much easier as I can pick up things much easier by looking at them rather than been told what to do.

It will be pointing more right ,as you look out from behind the dish,more left as you look face on.
    15 degrees more left ,if you centre it on 13e to receive 28e to 1w as Rimants suggested.

UrbanFret! Show your house on dishpointer.com or googlemaps! make a screenshot and post here.

2qlfubl.jpg

Oooo, Google did not get you yet! Not good, but also not so bad. Enough theory, just get your T90, hang it in the wall approximately where I have circled red previously, and you will easily get all desired satellites.
    As Zardoz said
    It will be pointing more right .
    15 degrees more right
    T90 will be turned about 15* more right (if you look to the front of the dish), that mean T90 will be almost parallel to the wall.

Oooo, Google did not get you yet! Not good, but also not so bad. Enough theory, just get your T90, hang it in the wall approximately where I have circled red previously, and you will easily get all desired satellites.
    As Zardoz said
    T90 will be turned about 15* more right (if you look to the front of the dish), that mean T90 will be almost parallel to the wall.

Ok mate. It's on it's way, should have it next week. I also ordered 5 of those ultra black lnbs(probably didn't need to go for them) and a wall bracket for the t90. i also have one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/SATlink-WS-6906-Digital-Satellite-Signal/dp/B006JW7FEW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434150218&sr=8-1&keywords=sat+finder+digital
    hopefully that will be a help.;)

As Zardoz said

No,looking at the dish face on it will be turned more to the left ,i.e ,more west .
    The dish will be perpendicular to the wall not parallel,hence why it will need a large offset bracket.
    I had a similar setup before on an Easterly wall .

No,looking at the dish face on it will be turned more to the left ,i.e ,more west .
    The dish will be perpendicular to the wall not parallel,hence why it will need a large offset bracket.
    I had a similar setup before on an Easterly wall .

I'm confused now. Will it be turning in the direction of the question mark. This is the bracket i ordered.Will it be suitable? Could i even put the dish on the ground there?http://www.satworld.ie/t90-steel-wall-mount-toroidal-wavefrontier-60mm-diameter.html
    9k19vn.jpg

It will look like this if you set it up to cover 1w to 28e

34o9b47.jpg

I was probably too tired last night.... Zardoz is 100% right, of course T90 should be turned about 15* right if you look from behind of antenna. So, T90 will be almost perpendicular to the wall. Before fixing bracket to the wall make sure it's central 60mm pole is apart from the wall about 50cm. 50cm should be enough to hold antenna almost perpendicularly to the wall.

• Advertisement

I was probably too tired last night.... Zardoz is 100% right, of course T90 should be turned about 15* right if you look from behind of antenna. So, T90 will be almost perpendicular to the wall. Before fixing bracket to the wall make sure it's central 60mm pole is apart from the wall about 50cm. 50cm should be enough to hold antenna almost perpendicularly to the wall.

will that bracket I have purchased give me enough clearance?

Advertisement