Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Lawrie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Aidric wrote: »
    He really can have no complaints if he doesn't secure his card. He has been given every opportunity.

On a side note the field in next weeks Russian Open is one of the worst I've ever seen on the European tour.

It's always a terrible field for that event. Didn't they have an ice hockey player playing in it a couple of years ago and he shot 2 rounds in the 90s?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Aidric wrote: »
    He really can have no complaints if he doesn't secure his card. He has been given every opportunity.

On a side note the field in next weeks Russian Open is one of the worst I've ever seen on the European tour.

He's had more starts than some people who have their cards! So yes, only himselfto blame if he doesn't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭abff

Looks like another missed cut for Peter unfortunately. Birdied his second last hole to get inside the projected cut mark and gave the shot back at the next.

abff wrote: »
    Looks like another missed cut for Peter unfortunately. Birdied his second last hole to get inside the projected cut mark and gave the shot back at the next.

He must be gutted. But with such a poor looking field this week, he really should have been able to make the cut.

He's managed to get into the KLM - when I looked yesterday, he was below the cutoff point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

-2 for his first round today. currently lying T26th, though that will slip out I'm quite sure

Rikand wrote: »
    -2 for his first round today. currently lying T26th, though that will slip out I'm quite sure

Yes, respectable round. Very steady. Hopefully he'll ramp things up a bit tomorrow.

Was -1 for today, but just had a triple bogey - that could cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,354 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Birdies on holes 2, 4 and 6 (his back nine) have pushed him just above the cut line. Projected cut is currently -2 where there are 20 players so it will probably stay at that number. No room for any errors if he wants to make the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

coylemj wrote: »
    Birdies on holes 2, 4 and 6 (his back nine) have pushed him just above the cut line. Projected cut is currently -2 where there are 20 players so it will probably stay at that number. No room for any errors if he wants to make the cut.

Had another birdie so in for the weekend.

• Advertisement

Had another birdie so in for the weekend.

That was some effort - had a round of -1 with a triple bogey in there. Fair play to him. Safely into the weekend. Cut could easily go to -3.

vienne86 wrote: »
    That was some effort - had a round of -1 with a triple bogey in there. Fair play to him. Safely into the weekend. Cut could easily go to -3.

It's now at -3. Hopefully, it'll stay there as a smaller number of players making the cut means a higher likely finish.

It's now at -3. Hopefully, it'll stay there as a smaller number of players making the cut means a higher likely finish.

That birdie on the last might end up being a card saver!

Strange round by Peter today. Started off with a bogey and then had 17 straight pars for a 1 over 71. Currently tied for last place with four other golfers.

Needs a good round tomorrow to boost his position in the Race to Dubai.

Strange round by Peter today. Started off with a bogey and then had 17 straight pars for a 1 over 71. Currently tied for last place with four other golfers.

Needs a good round tomorrow to boost his position in the Race to Dubai.

Another poor Saturday for Peter Lawrie - let's hope he ramps it up tomorrow.

I see he has scraped into the Italian Open this week - lucky man. Last chance saloon methinks.

Nice opening round of 4 under. He needs to do well this week - otherwise it's Q school methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

-5 through 10 today and -9 overall. Great stuff

Nice to see Peter finish with a birdie to get back to 9 under. A good chance to secure his card for next season if he can hold things together over the weekend.

I suggestested it might be last chance saloon for him this week, and he has grabbed the opportunity with both hands today - great to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

Fingers crossed he can back it up now. Needs a decent Saturday, he is due one

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I thought no news might be bad news but a great Saturday by this years standards, -2 for -11 total sees him T16.
    6 Shots off the lead but well within reach of a T10.

-3 through 15. -14 overall and T14... Massive final 3 holes for him.

Birdied 16, Par 17... nearly there. T13

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

Well done 68, tied 15th at this stage, overall exciting tournament now with 8 players leading on 18 under

Think that should get him about €20,000 and just outside the top 110 in the RTD by my basic calculations.

PARlance wrote: »
    Think that should get him about €20,000 and just outside the top 110 in the RTD by my basic calculations.

Unfortunately I think you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Showing him as 109th but might not be fully updated yet.

That could be correct, my guesstimate was based on him getting 20k... Another few grand and he would break into 110.

• Advertisement

Has he any more tournaments to play?

Advertisement