Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Has anyone got a screenshot or maybe an email record please of the original offer of two free stays? Did it state anything about them expiring?

I never got any email but I remember reading that others got an email saying their free stays would expire unless they used them soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

This post has been deleted.
    Thanks Fred. That's my recollection too. You don't have a screenshot, or email to that effect?

I never got any email but I remember reading that others got an email saying their free stays would expire unless they used them soon.

Thanks Alan. Yes that's the later email when Parcel Motel withdrew the offer. (Lots of people seem to report that it went to their spam actually because it contained some strange spam links.)

I'm actually wondering about the emails or webpages when Parcel Motel first offered the free stays.

Thanks Fred. That's my recollection too. You don't have a screenshot, or email to that effect?

I had a look through my email and all I could find was an email saying that the free stay offer expired in July or something along those lines, not the actual stays themselves. None of my business but why do you need this anyway?

I had a look through my email and all I could find was an email saying that the free stay offer expired in July or something along those lines, not the actual stays themselves. None of my business but why do you need this anyway?
    A friend ordered something using a free stay he thought he had but I think Parcel Motel have returned it to the UK or destroyed it or something. Ah I'm sure it'll be sorted out but I was curious if the original offer literature/email/website/whatever actually stated that the free stays would expire. If it did I suppose it's his own fault. If it didn't then PM probably had no right to remove them.

• Advertisement

A friend ordered something using a free stay he thought he had but I think Parcel Motel have returned it to the UK or destroyed it or something. Ah I'm sure it'll be sorted out but I was curious if the original offer literature/email/website/whatever actually stated that the free stays would expire. If it did I suppose it's his own fault. If it didn't then PM probably had no right to remove them.

Ah I see, I think I have a screenshot of the website saying first 2 stays free but not the actual terms. I'll have a good look in the morning though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Has anyone got a screenshot or maybe an email record please of the original offer of two free stays? Did it state anything about them expiring?

That offer expired some time ago. You now get a free gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

They would have sent him an email telling him he had insufficient credit and would have asked him to top up. If he ignored that the package would have been returned to sender. They certainly wouldn't destroy it!

They would have sent him an email telling him he had insufficient credit and would have asked him to top up. If he ignored that the package would have been returned to sender. They certainly wouldn't destroy it!
    I think that's what they said though. Don't think he ignored anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Found this in my screenshots folder.
    3mlCemS.png

• Advertisement

Thanks @Irishstuff09. Yes that's the later email when Parcel Motel withdrew the free stays.

I'm actually wondering about the emails/webpages/etc when Parcel Motel first offered them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm sure this is asked all the time but couldn't see anything on the FAQ on the parcel motel website? How does parcel motel handle customs/tax bills that come after a package has been delivered? Fedex are known to do this. Does parcel motel charge you for a stay and put the bill in a locker for you collect??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I'm sure this is asked all the time but couldn't see anything on the FAQ on the parcel motel website? How does parcel motel handle customs/tax bills that come after a package has been delivered? Fedex are known to do this. Does parcel motel charge you for a stay and put the bill in a locker for you collect??

from their FAQ:

What happens if there is VAT and/or Duty due on my item?

Please ensure that any charges payable are paid in advance of delivery. Parcel Motel will not accept responsibility for payment of any VAT or Duty charges due on items delivered. If the postal operator or courier asks for cash on delivery, your item will be refused by us.

eamonnq wrote: »
    from their FAQ:

What happens if there is VAT and/or Duty due on my item?

Please ensure that any charges payable are paid in advance of delivery. Parcel Motel will not accept responsibility for payment of any VAT or Duty charges due on items delivered. If the postal operator or courier asks for cash on delivery, your item will be refused by us.

No I saw that. What I mean is for packages where they are delivered fine with no charges that need to be paid right away. Fedex do this all the time(At least they used to anyway!?), you think you're grand and then they will send you out customs/tax bill a week or two later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

No I saw that. What I mean is for packages where they are delivered fine with no charges that need to be paid right away. Fedex do this all the time(At least they used to anyway!?), you think you're grand and then they will send you out customs/tax bill a week or two later.

That could be a problem as Fedex will send the invoice to the delivery address, and you will pay another €3.50 for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Short answer: Do not use ParcelMotel if there may/will be excise/duty/VAT due on your purchase.

The package will be returned to sender, with all the problems for you that this entails.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Short answer: Do not use ParcelMotel if there may/will be excise/duty/VAT due on your purchase.

The package will be returned to sender, with all the problems for you that this entails.

Noted for future but I've already ordered something due for delivery shortly. This is why I asked the question in the hope that somebody might have had experience of the same situation.

Bought something on adverts and the seller is using the facility to send me the goods. They loaded it into a locker on Sunday in Dublin. Looking at the progress I'm guessing I might get it Friday/Saturday.

Is it always like this? i.e slow as molasses?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Dutchy

Trying to get an item delivered from the UK to Ireland via Parcel Motel but the supplier is claiming that their courier service, in this case, UPS do not deliver to Parcel Motel.

Is this true?

Nope. Got something with UPS (a cover for a Nook eReader) about two weeks ago and it went to Parcel Motel with no problems.

• Advertisement

Nope. Got something with UPS (a cover for a Nook eReader) about two weeks ago and it went to Parcel Motel with no problems.

Cheers, looks like they're trying to get out of it by blaming a third party!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Dutchy wrote: »
    Trying to get an item delivered from the UK to Ireland via Parcel Motel but the supplier is claiming that their courier service, in this case, UPS do not deliver to Parcel Motel.

Is this true?

Yes they do deliver, I got a delivery from them in the past, they might think is a PO Box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Is this true?

You should contact PM and ask them Dutchy. I don't think UPS has ever delivered an item for me, but YODEL has delivered a few items and there was no problem.

If it is true it sounds like a case of sour grapes to me.

Thanks for the feedback, guys

My question was in relation to this thread (Bargain Alerts). I just don't think they want the Irish getting these glasses... but they're blaming UPS (that's the problem, if not true, in my eyes).

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89085586#post89085586

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

UPS seem to change their mind every day about whether or not they deliver to PM. Lots of instances in this thread with people saying individual couriers working for them wouldn't deliver to PM

Although IIRC, the "official" word from UPS when someone asked on Facebook was that they do deliver to PM. I can't find that post now, though

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭measurement

Is this true?

Make sure they understood your question, (might not have). Of course, they won't put the item in a Parcel Motel bin locally to you, but they should have no problem delivering to the Antrim address (if its a UK purchase) or the Finglas address (if its Irish purchase) of Parcel Motel, with your name and PM number on the first line. Its just another address. From there, Parcel Motel will deliver it to your local pickup place.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

but they should have no problem delivering to the Antrim address (if its a UK purchase)
    The issue is probably to do with signatures & traceability. Scamster orders from company X, UPS deliver to PM get joe bloggs to sign for it, if anybody signs at all, scamster goes back to company X and says they never got it and ask to see the signature.

Similar to why PO boxes might be excluded.

Some UPS services might be allowed, some expensive ones might insist on more signatures etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

rubadub wrote: »
    The issue is probably to do with signatures & traceability. Scamster orders from company X, UPS deliver to PM get joe bloggs to sign for it, if anybody signs at all, scamster goes back to company X and says they never got it and ask to see the signature.
    I assume it's in pm's t&c's that they're allowed to sign in your name. This would mean company X has no liability if they can prove (with signature from PM employee) that the parcel was delivered to the address you requested. After it gets to PM the couriers liability ends. If "scamster" says they never got their parcel company X can prove they did. If scamster actually doesn't get their parcel after it was signed for PM would be liable. I really don't see how this would be open to -easy- fraud and don't get why a company would be reluctant to ship to PM. Unless they don't use tracking/signed for delivery but in that case you can always claim you didn't get it regardless if it goes to PM or your home address...
    I think they may be reluctant if they don't know how it works or -as previously reported- the courier doesn't want to wait @the depot for someone to sign...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Parcel motel says 31x48x64 is the large parcel size. Is that length by depth by height?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Parcel motel says 31x48x64 is the large parcel size. Is that length by depth by height?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Unless you are shipping liquids with no lid, or glass with no packing (neither of which are really going to happen) then the length becomes the height just by putting it on its side. In other words the dimensions aren't fixed other than in terms of length. Start with the longest side that your parcel has - if it's over 64 whatevers then you're out of luck. If it's shorter, then check the next dimension. If it's over 48 then you're out of luck, etc . . .

z

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement