Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too old

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

risteard7 wrote: »
    So when is too old to be out in pubs and clubs getting drunk?
    I'm 25 and feel past it but I dont want to feel it! Am I silly and getting old before my time?
    What age did you feel u had enough?

I'm 28 currently drunk after drinking in the street all day.

It's awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I stayed in for most of my 30s and felt "past it". When my business collapsed and I started listening to new music, I started going out again but mainly in London when I moved there. I'm 40 now. Go to Ministry of Sound or Fabric on a Saturday night and there's all ages, people up to 60 who are there to hear who's playing.

I'll happily go into the depths of a moshpit if a good DJ is on, but pubs (particularly Dublin ones) are horrible. People pushing past and impossible to talk. Pubs like Kehoes are depressing.

London really does have great nightlife options.

Proper clubs with proper music and a wide variety of folk.

Dublin has the quiet chat pub thing going for it, and that's about it. I personally find that incredibly boring.

Clubs here have been on a serious downward cycle since the early 2000's. There just doesn't seem to be a market for it anymore, which is a shame as Irish crowds were amazing (think late 90's redbox/pod).

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭rustedtrumpet

Run of the mill pubs and clubs in Dublin are rubbish, I don't blame you. If you know where to go, where there is good music, women, and fairly priced drink and the buzz is perfect you won't get home till Monday. One session to the next. Sesson Marauder's. Still a few years left in yee.

Run of the mill pubs and clubs in Dublin are rubbish, I don't blame you. If you know where to go, where there is good music, women, and fairly priced drink and the buzz is perfect you won't get home till Monday. One session to the next. Sesson Marauder's. Still a few years left in yee.

That's pretty much what happened to me last Saturday - in Dublin. There was dancing, old men pubs, and diddly aye music included! Got home a bit worse for wear Monday :o

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

risteard7 wrote: »
    So when is too old to be out in pubs and clubs getting drunk?
    I'm 25 and feel past it but I dont want to feel it! Am I silly and getting old before my time?
    What age did you feel u had enough?

In most pubs I frequent, the aul fellas will be there from 9 to 9 sometimes, pissed off their heads some of them. So you needn't worry!

• Advertisement
Advertisement