Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10" Android GoTab Tablet DID.

Options
  • 07-06-2013 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

Picked up one of these Android tablets in DID for €129.99

http://www.did.ie/gotab-10-android-internet-tablet-gbt10bk-prd Running 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.

gbt10bk-gotab-internet-tablet.jpg

• 2 x 1.2GHz ARM A20 Allwinner CPU
    • Dual Core Graphics Chip
    • HD graphics processing including 1080p & 2160p
    • 1GB RAM DDR3
    • 8GB onboard Storage** expandable via Micro SD Card Slot (maximum 32GB)
    • Internal Speaker

Inputs & Outputs

• Mini HDMI v1.4 – Output to HD TV
    • 2.0MP Rear Camera- Videos, Photos & Panormaic Pictures
    • VGA Front webcam- for Hangouts and video calls
    • Micro USB 2.0 (OTG)
    • Micro USB 2.0 (Host)
    • Micro SD Card Slot - expand your storage (max 32GB)
    • 3.5mm Audio Port – play music to earphones or speakers.

Was going to order one from China but the prices were pretty much the same plus the risk of getting caught for extra costs with customs.

The person in store told me it's a limited offer as they've only just got them into stores.

BTW: Heatons have 7" Scroll tablets for €59.90

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

this is actually quite a good deal for a brick and mortar shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Whats the screen and responsivity like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Couldn't find any reviews for that particular model anywhere. Looks good on paper for the money though, I'm open to correction, but I think the processor and GPU are reasonably good and should be able to handle most games (I'm assuming its a dual core Mali 400?).

It would be nice to know a bit more about the screen, whether it's IPS, though I'd guess it's not. Very tempted, would just love to see one review before I go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B008M6Z9RI

some good some bad but dearer on amazon at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Not really up to date on tablets but it says it's a capacitive screen here, good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Son of a b1tch! I just bought this bad boy this week

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

Son of a b1tch! I just bought this this week http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00B5TSUXE/ref=ya_aw_oh_pit (on the phone so dunno how to hyperlink :))

That's a very different animal.

Your tablet has an IPS screen (better colours and viewing angle) and 2GB of memory.

BTW, Amazon have a branded Zoostorm 10 in tablet for £129 (pounds) with free shipping at the moment too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

The reviews for GoTab are so-so and there is not many online.

Zoostorm seems better and is referenced alot more online but reading the Amazon reviews there are some negative ones particularly with the screen freezing and support not been overly good.

Are there any half-decent tablets out there at the €150 mark or is it a matter of waiting longer?

My tablet use would be mostly light browsing - nothing too heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

paultf wrote: »
    The reviews for GoTab are so-so and there is not many online.

Zoostorm seems better and is referenced alot more online but reading the Amazon reviews there are some negative ones particularly with the screen freezing and support not been overly good.

Are there any half-decent tablets out there at the €150 mark or is it a matter of waiting longer?

My tablet use would be mostly light browsing - nothing too heavy.

Well that Ployer (whoever the hell they are :D) I referenced above arrived at parcel motel today, I'll report back when I've played with it but it seemed a good price for the specs!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭hypersonic

Thanks zerks, just pulled the trigger on this! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭the_freaky_one

Picked up one of these.
    Very happy with the quality.
    Well worth €129 IMO :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

Could anyone advise if the RTE player works smoothly on this tab ?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Barr wrote: »
    Could anyone advise if the RTE player works smoothly on this tab ?

Just tried it there and it worked flawless. For €130 you can't go wrong with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

CFC007 wrote: »
    Just tried it there and it worked flawless. For €130 you can't go wrong with this.

Excellent value to be fair - no point in bringing one in from China at the price.

what's the battery life like - in hours for watching video and browsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭navannoel

Noe selling at €169.99. Was going to purchase but not at that price.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lorspop

Did u not mean 169.00e?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

make that 179, always amuses me why companies do this. they find a price something will sell well at and then up it and nobody buys anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Kanedmick

It's called capitalism...low-ball selling...how to fleece the customer 101. Call it what you like. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

I think they are preparing for a sale in the next few weeks so they will be able to say it is reduced from 179.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Down to €119 today but stock limited to 5 per store.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

This a good deal then? Was thinking of getting a 10" tablet for cheap and 120 seems good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

This a good deal then? Was thinking of getting a 10" tablet for cheap and 120 seems good.

seems so.

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    this is actually quite a good deal for a brick and mortar shop
    CFC007 wrote: »
    Picked up one of these.
    Very happy with the quality.
    Well worth €129 IMO :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Got one today. €120 10" bricks n mortar is pretty good

Touchscreen seems a little slow. Needs a good tap to get it to respond. Will keep an eye on it. If it becomes a problem for the young lad I'll return it / swap it.

Apart from that, happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Damien360

we got a gotab 6 at xmas for the young lad and a nexus 7 for herself.

There is no comparison. The gotab is slow to go into apps compared to nexus. The screen resolution is poor. It keeps getting slower the more apps you put on. Even with forcing closure of apps it is slow. The pricing is much lower on gotab but it is a terrible intro to tablets.

The young lad has given up on it and it stays in his room. Much prefers nexus 7.

Damien360 wrote: »
    we got a gotab 6 at xmas for the young lad and a nexus 7 for herself.

There is no comparison. The gotab is slow to go into apps compared to nexus. The screen resolution is poor. It keeps getting slower the more apps you put on. Even with forcing closure of apps it is slow. The pricing is much lower on gotab but it is a terrible intro to tablets.

The young lad has given up on it and it stays in his room. Much prefers nexus 7.

While this isn't the greatest tablet in the world I don't think you're making a fair comparison there. The Gotab 6 is is a older and much cheaper tablet. Single core, 1GHZ, 512mb ram and 800x480 screen. It's unfair to say that this €120 tablet is bad compared to your €200 tablet because the €50 tablet you bought is shabby in comparison. It would be like not recommending the Galaxy S3 because you son's Galaxy Y is shoddy in comparison to your Nexus 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Gone down to €119.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Ardent

Picked one of these up today. A little bit on the sluggish side and the display is not the best. Have been spoiled by Samsung phones in recent years! But for 120 euros, you really can't go wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I got a Nexus 7 for finishing the JC and I would recommend it over anything. It is super fast. Its around €250 so if you have the money it really is worth it. Compared to the ops post, the Nexus 7 has 4 CPU cores, it has a 5th companion core and it has 12 GPU cores! There really is no comparison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,827 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I got a Nexus 7 for finishing the JC
    I cant imagine what you'll get if you pass ;)

Compared to the ops post, the Nexus 7 has 4 CPU cores, it has a 5th companion core and it has 12 GPU cores! There really is no comparison
    Wrong. €120 vs €250

You get what you pay for

Advertisement