Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GaelLords.com Public TS3 & Gameservers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

One suggestion I think that might help balance things is giving Indies more starting money? (Maybe $250?). If OPFOR/BLUFOR get more starting money as someone mentioned earlier in the thread it would only be fair considering they have that and get the Medic/Engineer classes. At least then Indies have a bit of money to get Medic/Repair kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Laviski

nobody gets any extra money dunno where that was said..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Laviski wrote: »
    nobody gets any extra money dunno where that was said..

Apologies, I re-read and someone suggested giving OPFOR/BLUFOR more starting money.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Roorah

I've been playing on and off for the last few weeks on the server and I've seen the huge swing towards indies, most nights I'll log onto a full server and see maybe 10/15 people on BLUFOR and OPFOR.

Last night I was playing a little bit on indies and the majority of people in chat were looking to join squads, I think people need to realise that OP and BLU are for team play while Indies should only be able to either lone wolf or maybe have a small section going.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

Had a fairly nice session on wasteland over the weekend. TS wasn't too busy so it was easy enough to try and get some teamwork together which always makes it more exciting to play in game. Had some good laughs even though I tend to die 100 times for each kill I get.
    Fair play to the admins who keep the server in good shape even with all the moaners and regular hackers.
    Awesome server to play on, looking forward to sticking around for another while for sure :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Here's our first day on the new I44 Wasteland Mod

Would really appreciate some up votes on Reddit if you have an account:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/armawasteland/comments/196xc6/wasteland_1944_day_1_operation_spitfire/

Cheers!

servers will be down for Maintenance on wed 27th from 10am to midday. our ts3 server will be experiencing outages during this time.

http://gaellords.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=126

now running arma 3 server

gaellords.com:2320

for the moment its just a simple TDM

arma3 clients do keep crashing and our server itself crashes from time to time, if its down just reply here and 1 of the senior admins will restart it.

also currently setting up a minecraft server if any folks are interested in it.

gaellords.com:2319 - wasteland 50 slot server
    gaellords.com:2320 - TDM 30 Slot
    gaellords.com:2321 - blitzkrieg mission - 3 mission cycle 32slot

again if they don't restart ask for admin.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea4gF9oCJM8 Well.. she handles better than the lil bird in Arma2!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aaronsharkey

I cant find the server I typed in gael lords GAEL gaellords.com

I found it but when I join it says that It depends on files that I have deleted

and I have a modified data file

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

GITS Evolution is being brought over,currently in Alpha build

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148074-MP-COOP-GITS-EVOLUTION-main-thread

I found it but when I join it says that It depends on files that I have deleted

i'm not sure whats the problem there i haven't changed anything in the arma3 dir except for adding the missions.

maybe need to restart the client and try again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

i'm not sure whats the problem there i haven't changed anything in the arma3 dir except for adding the missions.

maybe need to restart the client and try again?

nah i have the same problem lav , lots of people do , half the reason it has got quieter id say . i have to connect using remote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

was on the Wasteland server last night for the first time. Only 2 or 3 others on. Has everyone just moved over to Arma 3 or has it gone quiet in general?

ok we need to be specific we on about the arma 3 servers or the arma 2?

i've changed the arma 2 servers to only allow those with beta to play on them except for the domination server.

arma3 servers is just vanilla.

the arma2 servers in general have become ghost town since the arma3 launch and goes right across all the other arma2 server too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

ok we need to be specific we on about the arma 3 servers or the arma 2?

i've changed the arma 2 servers to only allow those with beta to play on them except for the domination server.

arma3 servers is just vanilla.

the arma2 servers in general have become ghost town since the arma3 launch and goes right across all the other arma2 server too.

Think they're on about arma 2 wasteland. Must jump on the arma 3 wasteland server and check it out.
    Was trying to help sharkey out last night to jump on but nothing seemed to work. Updated arma client, think he tried starting and restarting the beta and even used play with 6 to get client up to date and the rest of it. I mainly use 6 launcher (play with 6) and had no trouble getting on to the wasteland server.

well i just tested myself even thou i've set to only use beta i can still join with regular, i can't seem to replicate the problem you are having.

i don't use any third party program in attempting to join.

Is the minecraft server being set up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

It would make sense it was in the minecraft forum :P

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

is this server 100% dead with arma3? where is everyone gone cause that game seems unplayable. no one is on arma3 gael servers when i go on so where r ye all !

we have a co op server evolution which seems ok. but arma 3 atm is just a glorified demo. arma 2 players flocked to arma3 alpha, then realized feck all content.

in the end most of us are just waiting for the DayZ standalone. so until those on our ts3 server are playing whatever from arma2/3 warthunder LoL and even minecraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

we have a co op server evolution which seems ok. but arma 3 atm is just a glorified demo. arma 2 players flocked to arma3 alpha, then realized feck all content.

in the end most of us are just waiting for the DayZ standalone. so until those on our ts3 server are playing whatever from arma2/3 warthunder LoL and even minecraft.

Kerbal Space Program too.

just to remind we.have a free open ts3 server. our epoch server has extra vehicles and buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

is the website down lav ?

this is fian by the way :P

yeah i broke the mysql that time^
    anyways a bit of news:
    http://www.gaellords.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=197
    Just to let you know guys I have set up a persistent wasteland. Yes that does mean when you log out you start exactly where you stopped. Also any Objects locked down should also be saved.
    server is set to restart every 4 hours so you should have 3 hours day and 1 hour night/dusk.

hopefully it will be to everyone's liking.

more news
    we are getting a bit of an ace following if you would like to join our semi not so serious group of players for team work and the like pop on to our teamspeak. yes you need to use teamspeak (ie ACRE mod). the missions are organised by Juulloo and is run when there is a bunch of us on from about 8pm onwards.

http://www.gaellords.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=218