Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

They do, yeah. You can get M4 Slims. You're right though; not much in it price-wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Oh, good to know. Is the M4 the preferred of the two? Is it as near EOL as the 830?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Brian wrote: »
    Oh, good to know. Is the M4 the preferred of the two? Is it as near EOL as the 830?

to be honest. which ever one you will pick, you wont go wrong. both great ssds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

TP-Link 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack for £28.49 as a lightning deal for the next few hours only.
    Cheers, just got a pair for £28.49.
    Looks like it was a VERY fast lightning deal;

2wxC2.png

Click on Lightning Deal, still available! @14:24

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

paid £40 for them last week :(

EDIT: for anyone interested, im very happy with them. peak around 70+mbps download speed. no hickups etc. waaay more stable than wireless.

as mentioned in a review, the easiest way to set them up is to ignore the instruction booklet and do this:
    ignore the instructions, just do this...
    1) Connect your 1st homeplug to your broadband router via supplied network lead
    2) Connect your 2nd homeplug to your other PC/Xbox/Laptop etc
    3) Press the pair button on the 1st home plug in for 1 second (power LED will slowly flash)
    4) RUN to the 2nd homeplug and press pair button in for 1 Second
    5) Both units will flash for a minute or two (not sure why it takes this length of time, but it don't matter - go make a cuppa) and then the connection should be established. Turn on your other PC/Xbox/Laptop device etc and enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

I actually bought the 200mbps pack there a couple of weeks ago. It pretty much maxes out my connection most of the time and I am happy enough with them however they are greatly susceptible to interference (e.g. a cheap laptop charger I bought off ebay was causing my speeds to half - but I presume the charger had no shielding on it)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

In terms of LAN network speeds... would this be limited by the standard modem that Eircom provide? Would you have to get a switch to make full use of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Eircom probably have different routers, so you'd have to check what the speed limits are for each individual one. Cheaper ones might be maxed out at 100Mbps, but that's only a guess.

I got one of these myself and wow, amazon delivered the next day. Lightning fast. :pac: Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

What sort of distance will these do? Is it going to need to be on the same circuit?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

MRTULES wrote: »
    What sort of distance will these do? Is it going to need to be on the same circuit?

They can work across circuits once they originate from the same fuse/breaker box. The technical limit for homeplugs is about 300m, but I'd imagine the quality of service wouldn't be great at all as you get approach to the maximum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I thought these were a no go for alot of people.

I know I cant use them in my house, as the upstairs and downstrairs power are on separate breakers. Ended up using UPC's service to move the box from downstairs upstairs and then ran ethernet accross the attic.

All in all cost me €50 to get them out and do the job, they gave me cabling aswell

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

TheDoc wrote: »
    I thought these were a no go for alot of people.

I know I cant use them in my house, as the upstairs and downstrairs power are on separate breakers. Ended up using UPC's service to move the box from downstairs upstairs and then ran ethernet accross the attic.

All in all cost me €50 to get them out and do the job, they gave me cabling aswell

By all accounts they should work fine for most Irish houses. There was an interesting thread on it here over in the broadband forum last year, although much of the finer detail went over my head at the time (and still does :o).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

glynf wrote: »
    Gah. I can't buy downloads as I'm not in US, what's the workaround-proxy US address?

However, got Saints row the third for €17:46 delivered - as opposed to €30 on Gamestop.:)
    Just add a US address to your amazon account. I've bought loads of download games from them.

You can use a address generator to get a proper American address, I used this one and it worked.
    http://www.fakeusaaddress.com/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Doubt they'll honour it, but I sent in an order anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Just put in an order too, would be amazing to get it but probably not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Just did the same. Unlikely but in the off chance they do honour it I'd be kicking myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Also ordered was tempted to order a few but have decided not to be greedy.
    A friend of mine who is always broke needs a good card so lets see how it turns out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

they will just go with some bull**** like: oh we ran out of stock etc. Plus on top of that it is pixmania we are talking about. if amazon would do such **** up then 90% chance it owuld be honored!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

deconduo wrote: »
    Doubt they'll honour it, but I sent in an order anyway.

If people ordered only 1 card along with something else, we would have a chance. But here, "let me order a bunch and see if they're gonna honour it" nope, that never works :s

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sorry about the chat Cherryghost, got carried away in the sillyness of it all.

Would make my christmas if they ship em anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

ordered 2 myself via fatcheese :) for a total grand of €82.57

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

honestly, if i had seen that myself, i wouldnt have posted it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    honestly, if i had seen that myself, i wouldnt have posted it anywhere.

Yep, when they get 1000 orders for them it'll definitely be stopped, where as a handful might just slip through.

Chances look even slimmer now with so many ordering multiple cards. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Chalk up one more. :P

Highly doubt it'll go through, but if it does it'll make a wonderful present for a friend of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

Now delete OP and all evidence :P

The only one trying to delete all evidence will be pixmania.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Just bought one. I wonder if I should sell my 7850 in anticipation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Just bought one. I wonder if I should sell my 7850 in anticipation...

just the one? I had the measuring tape out to see if I had enough clearance over the PSU for 3 :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭bernardamaac.

I have pictures of everything now anyway. So if they dont honour it il open up a false advertising case.

Advertisement