Due June 2013 - Page 7 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-10-2012, 10:51   #91
julias_jewel
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurdyWurdy View Post
I had to stop mid-chew last night because I could feel my dinner coming back up. Urgh - never had that before and I probably could have done without it! Hope you managed to eat some pizza

My tummy is very rounded too but I'm fairly sure it's a poo/bloat baby. Progesterone slows your bowels down loads so apparently things hang around in your small bowel for ages making you look like you're five months gone! For me. I'm failry sure that's what is is (plus general bloating) but it's nice to see what I'll look like a bit further along.

Im glad you said that.... I have constipation and thought I was imagining it!

Pizza was yum... Ate more than i thought i would.... My human hoover finished the rest

Getting very antzy about the doctors tomorrow, wish it would hurry up already!!!

Should i bring a urine sample with me??
Advertisement
30-10-2012, 11:46   #92
MurdyWurdy
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by julias_jewel View Post
Im glad you said that.... I have constipation and thought I was imagining it!

Pizza was yum... Ate more than i thought i would.... My human hoover finished the rest

Getting very antzy about the doctors tomorrow, wish it would hurry up already!!!

Should i bring a urine sample with me??
Is this just your appointment with your GP? I don't think you'll need a urine sample for that. Honestly, my GP didn't really do anything. I told him I'd had three positive pregnancy tests and that's all he wanted to know, he didn't confirm it himself.

Then he just worked out my due date, asked was I taking folic acid and then discussed treatment options with me. He then wrote a letter of referral for Holles Street and I discussed a few pregnancy symptoms with him (the poo baby being the main one!) and I was on my way
Thanks from:
30-10-2012, 16:33   #93
JustPassinThru

Congrats to all

I am only six weeks tomorrow - so no sickness yet. After reading all of the reports above I am hoping that I don't experience it at all...on the other hand I am sort of hoping I do as it will be another sign!!

I had my first doctors appointment last week - just took history, bp etc. I asked them to send letter to the hospital for an early scan but haven't heard yet obviously...I am a bit worried however that my blood tests have been arranged for second week in December...I will be just 12 weeks then. Should I be having my first bloods earlier than this - surely the earlier you have them the better??
Thanks from:
30-10-2012, 17:58   #94
krankykitty

Congrats JustPassinThru!

Hope you don't get the sickness, fingers crossed. In case it helps, I am not due to have my bloods taken until the 12 week checkup too. I can't remember what the midwife exactly said but I think they were for things (that I thought anyway) were fairly inocuous like blood group, rubella immunity and the like. Though maybe that was because I wasn't in a risk group for other diseases like diabetes or the like perhaps..
Thanks from:
30-10-2012, 18:16   #95
JustPassinThru

Quote:
Originally Posted by krankykitty View Post
Congrats JustPassinThru!

Hope you don't get the sickness, fingers crossed. In case it helps, I am not due to have my bloods taken until the 12 week checkup too. I can't remember what the midwife exactly said but I think they were for things (that I thought anyway) were fairly inocuous like blood group, rubella immunity and the like. Though maybe that was because I wasn't in a risk group for other diseases like diabetes or the like perhaps..
Thanks krankykitty! Maybe week 12 is normal so and I am just worrying needlessly! When I had a miscarriage last year my bloods were taken at week 6 - but when all is well week 12 is probably normal.
Advertisement
30-10-2012, 19:15   #96
CarMe

Hi can I join you all?
I just did test and went to doc today and Im due 19th June
I already have a 16month old daughter so i can't wait to give her a little brother or sister!
30-10-2012, 20:20   #97
Blueskye

Congrats all

I went to see GP at 5 weeks and he asked me to come back at 6 weeks and the nurse in the surgery did my bloods. She said she'd send a copy to hospital. Think it was iron, thyroid, and rubella, varicella etc (not sure what the last one is!).

Very ill yesterday but fine today. Definitely less bad days than the previous few weeks fingers crossed it stays like that.
31-10-2012, 07:12   #98
pwurple

Varicella is chicken pox. They test for loads of immunities, plus HIV, STDs, anything thatcould affect the pregnancy really. also blood type and I think she said certain vitamin deficencies, because my last pregnancy is less than 2 years ago? Or did I dream that bit. My sleep is all over the place... Night shift is messing with me.

My bloods were taken by the nurse at the GPs too, and a urine sample to confirm.
Thanks from:
31-10-2012, 07:24   #99
julias_jewel
Closed Account

Just woken up... I feel so snug listening to the rain

My breasts are very sore and im constipated... I have noticed the last few days I get waves of nausea around 1pm ... Weird...

I was never a veg person but really trying the last few days so Im proud.

Thank god today has finally come and I get checked out... Ive a long list of questions for her. I have an underactive thyroid so have a few q's on that...

So hard not to get excited
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
31-10-2012, 09:34   #100
MurdyWurdy
Closed Account

Congrats to new expectant mums - so exciting!!

Julias - 'm so jealous you're snug at home - I'm in work. Boo! Although, compared to how sick I was yesterday I feel like a million dollars today, I might even eat something! Yesterday I puked in the car park beside my car when I was leaving so I just drove off quickly in case anyone saw. Luckily it rained so heavily overnight!! Had microwave popcorn for dinner, it's all I could stomach. How bad is that?

I'm not getting bloods taken until my 12 week appointment apparently, GP didn't even take my blood pressure or anything like that. My forms from Holles Street have what they will be doing and bloods/history/blood pressure + weight seems to be the main things they'll be looking at.

Julias - good luck at the doc today!

Last edited by MurdyWurdy; 31-10-2012 at 09:38.
31-10-2012, 10:06   #101
julias_jewel
Closed Account

Microwave popcorn? I had some last night too but i burnt my last bag...

Im showered and sheened and I feel so much better

Thanks Murdywurdy
31-10-2012, 14:09   #102
MurdyWurdy
Closed Account

have discovered something to help with the sickness - salt and vinegar hunky dorys. Suddenly had to have some at lunchtime and they really settled my stomach. I don't even like salt and vinegar crisps - if they're in the house I'd rather have nothing than eat them normally. Very strange

Last edited by MurdyWurdy; 31-10-2012 at 14:12.
31-10-2012, 17:55   #103
JustPassinThru

Today I am just six weeks. Have just noticed some brownish discharge when at bathroom. Not sure if it is ok or if I should be worried.
31-10-2012, 18:15   #104
sunshiner

Hey Ladies, Doctor confirmed im around 7 weeks.

Feeling so tired,bloated and bit emotional nice to find this thread. Feeling kind of forgetful,or a bit daunted
So Happy, only told my dad by skype today wont tell the inlaws til 12 weeks as my mil cant keep a secret.
So excited for the scan, trying to keep my stress levels down and my partner is fussing like mad lol.
(2) thanks from:
31-10-2012, 18:44   #105
lainycool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
Today I am just six weeks. Have just noticed some brownish discharge when at bathroom. Not sure if it is ok or if I should be worried.
Hi justpassinthrough

Brown discharge is usually nothing to worry about, just give the hospital a call if you're worried but i think its quite common in early pregnancy!
Hope everything goes ok x

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion