Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the eMobile thread, on Boards to answer your queries

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

Mudmask wrote: »
    My dad is due an upgrade this month and he says he doesn't need a new phone so i can use his upgrade until he does. He's been with emobile a few years now. Would he be able to get an unlock code from the off?

i'm thinking gs2 (I don't particularly like the look and size of the s3.)

Hi Mudmask,

Firstly your dad will need to go to the store to process the upgrade. Your dad will need to wait for 2 bills to be paid before we can provide the network unlocking code.

Tony

Do e-mobile have any plans to drop roaming rates? I know the new EU directive comes in on July 1st but charging by the minute to receive a call drives me crazy.
    Heading away for 6 weeks and was always with Vodafone, 79c connection fee and talk away for as long as you want. Seriously thinking of buying a pay as you go sim.

Hi patrickincork,

Details of all our roaming charges can be ound on our website. I will check if this is due to be changed in the near future.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Do eMobile support video calling?

What is the cost of video calling for Billpay and Prepay customers?

Billpay - does not seem to be listed anywhere on the website.

Prepay - Other Charges - 3G Services - it reads "Video Calling in Ireland is charged at the standard rate appropriate to your price plan".
    Can't find the actually cost under any of the price plans.

Thanks, BN

Hi BN,

The cost of video calling is charged as a standard call made.

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Thanks for the quick response Tony.

Is it limited to specific handsets? I've an SGS3 and HTC One S - both on 3G - and the video call will not connect.
    Do I have to enable anything on the accounts?

Thanks, BN
    Hi BN,

The cost of video calling is charged as a standard call made.

Tony

Thanks for the quick response Tony.

Is it limited to specific handsets? I've an SGS3 and HTC One S - both on 3G - and the video call will not connect.
    Do I have to enable anything on the accounts?

Thanks, BN

Hi BN,

In order to make a video call both phones will have to be on a 3G signal at that time. Are you PAYG or Billpay?

Tony

• Advertisement

Yes both phones are on 3G, both billpay. There is another user on the Android forum having a similar problem. I'll give it another try later this evening.

Yes both phones are on 3G, both billpay. There is another user on the Android forum having a similar problem. I'll give it another try later this evening.

Hi BN,

When making the call later can you monitor the 3G on the phone if this drops the call cannot be connected.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭birchtree

I have sent in this via eMobile contact form:

1. I have rang and changed my home address, and the 2 months later the bill still comes in to the old address. I was bouncing around automated service and kept on hold for 15mins on hold before I got to talk to someone, so I'm not calling customer service again. There is no option to change address online, which would take 2 minutes.
    2. To submit this form, I have to submit my phone PIN number, which is not even hashed. Both my phone number and the PIN are on the same form, which is very poor from security point of view.

And then you get: "You will be contacted within 2 working days." Hoping that there is someone out there on the other end reading that query, and that someone will come back in the darn 2 days!

birchtree wrote: »
    I have sent in this via eMobile contact form:

1. I have rang and changed my home address, and the 2 months later the bill still comes in to the old address. I was bouncing around automated service and kept on hold for 15mins on hold before I got to talk to someone, so I'm not calling customer service again. There is no option to change address online, which would take 2 minutes.
    2. To submit this form, I have to submit my phone PIN number, which is not even hashed. Both my phone number and the PIN are on the same form, which is very poor from security point of view.

And then you get: "You will be contacted within 2 working days." Hoping that there is someone out there on the other end reading that query, and that someone will come back in the darn 2 days!

Hi birchtree,

If you PM your mobile number, pin and new address I can update it for you here.

Tony

Hi tony. I found the problem - the new HTC One phones (X, S, V) do not support native video calling. :o Bit surprised by this but there you go!

Time to test skype video over 3G ;)

Cheers, BN
    Hi BN,

When making the call later can you monitor the 3G on the phone if this drops the call cannot be connected.

Tony

• Advertisement

Hi tony. I found the problem - the new HTC One phones (X, S, V) do not support native video calling. :o Bit surprised by this but there you go!

Time to test skype video over 3G ;)

Cheers, BN

Thanks for letting me know BN.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭birchtree

Hi birchtree,

If you PM your mobile number, pin and new address I can update it for you here.

Tony

Thanks Tony, I hope changes will not revert back again.
    By the way, I have just received ridiculous email from emobile customer support:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email.

To protect the privacy of your account and comply with Data Protection legislation, can you please reply to this e-mail with the following information:

· Your full name
    · The 12 digit number on the back of the sim

Once we have received and verified the above, I can then access your account and assist you with your query.

Should you have any concerns regarding providing such information by e-mail, you may also verify your account by contacting our customer care team or by letter to our registered address: 1 Heuston South quarter, St Johns Road Dublin 8.

So I have options to send more sensitive information over http, or send a treeware snail-mail!

My phone number and PIN number were included in the response email, all that is needed to logon to emobile.ie - hey everyone, why don't you check out my personal details!!! Have you guys heard of security???

birchtree wrote: »
    Thanks Tony, I hope changes will not revert back again.
    By the way, I have just received ridiculous email from emobile customer support:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email.

To protect the privacy of your account and comply with Data Protection legislation, can you please reply to this e-mail with the following information:

·Your full name
    ·The 12 digit number on the back of the sim

Once we have received and verified the above, I can then access your account and assist you with your query.

Should you have any concerns regarding providing such information by e-mail, you may also verify your account by contacting our customer care team or by letter to our registered address: 1 Heuston South quarter, St Johns Road Dublin 8.

So I have options to send more sensitive information over http, or send a treeware snail-mail!

My phone number and PIN number were included in the response email, all that is needed to logon to emobile.ie - hey everyone, why don't you check out my personal details!!! Have you guys heard of security???

Hi Birchtree,

In regard to your post. I can advise that our administration team need to ensure that they are in contact with the registered account holder which is the reason why you received this email response.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jpjc05

**Sorry posted this in main forum, didnt see this sticky**

Hi,

I am a 3 mobile customer and am considering switching to Emobile.

I have a fair idea of the handset and package I want to switch too,
    what do I need to do/bring with me to one of your stores?

Typically how long it will take to port my number from 3 to Emobile?

Thanks,

JP

jpjc05 wrote: »
    **Sorry posted this in main forum, didnt see this sticky**

Hi,

I am a 3 mobile customer and am considering switching to Emobile.

I have a fair idea of the handset and package I want to switch too,
    what do I need to do/bring with me to one of your stores?

Typically how long it will take to port my number from 3 to Emobile?

Thanks,

JP

Hi JP,

In order to process your order you will need either a passport or drivers licence, a recent utility bill and bank details in order to sign up to a Billpay account.

A port can take between 24 to 48 hours to complete.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Retro Police

Hello,

I have being trying to avail of the 'unlimited special offer' bill pay of €34.50 p.m. through your online site. Everything is working fine until it comes to process payment. When i click 'confirm' an error message appears every time. All payment details and details from emobile appear correct so I am stumped.

Any ideas on how to get round this? Have tried ringing the help line but it's closed today.

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Hi,

very nearly a new emobile customer here (awaiting my phone and to port over).

I want to ask re; roaming......what is the preferred and cheapest roaming network to use whilst in the Uk?

..and re; using data abroad, what is the price per mb used whilst roaming in the uk?

Thanks,

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

Am an eMobile customer on bill pay and today I have received 3 texts in a row from +13475994374, with the following message "Congratulation! you are Ireland's Winner of the Day! Go to "www. dodgymadeup apple giveaway link" to claim your prize.

Now I know this is a scam but what I would like to know if receiving these texts costs me money and also if eMobile can block them?
    It would also be intersting to know how these scammers got my number.
    I see from doing a google on the number that there are other threads here on boards from Vodafone, and Three customers who are getting the same texts !

Hello,

I have being trying to avail of the 'unlimited special offer' bill pay of €34.50 p.m. through your online site. Everything is working fine until it comes to process payment. When i click 'confirm' an error message appears every time. All payment details and details from emobile appear correct so I am stumped.

Any ideas on how to get round this? Have tried ringing the help line but it's closed today.

Thanks.

Hi Retro Police,

Have you been able get your order processed? If not could you call 1800 283 091 and they will be able process your order for you.

Tony
    MidlandsM wrote: »
    Hi,

very nearly a new emobile customer here (awaiting my phone and to port over).

I want to ask re; roaming......what is the preferred and cheapest roaming network to use whilst in the Uk?

..and re; using data abroad, what is the price per mb used whilst roaming in the uk?

Thanks,

MM

Hi MM,

The preferred network for eMobile is the T - Mobile netowrk. You can view roaming charges here: http://roaming.emobile.ie/billpay/ukni.html
    You can find information here on data roaming charges: http://roaming.emobile.ie/mobile_internet_abroad.html

Let me know if any other queries.

Tony
    kao123 wrote: »
    Am an eMobile customer on bill pay and today I have received 3 texts in a row from +13475994374, with the following message "Congratulation! you are Ireland's Winner of the Day! Go to "www. dodgymadeup apple giveaway link" to claim your prize.

Now I know this is a scam but what I would like to know if receiving these texts costs me money and also if eMobile can block them?
    It would also be intersting to know how these scammers got my number.
    I see from doing a google on the number that there are other threads here on boards from Vodafone, and Three customers who are getting the same texts !

Hi kao123,

In some cases receiving text messages from these companies are chargeable. If you Pm your mobile and pin I will be able confirm this for you. It is not possible for eMobile to block these numbers. The only way they can get your number is if you entered a competition. If you text stop to this number they are legally obliged to stop sending you these messages.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

Hi Retro Police,

Hi kao123,

In some cases receiving text messages from these companies are chargeable. If you Pm your mobile and pin I will be able confirm this for you. It is not possible for eMobile to block these numbers. The only way they can get your number is if you entered a competition. If you text stop to this number they are legally obliged to stop sending you these messages.

Tony

Hi Tony,
    I am well aware of these types of scams and I have not entered any competitions, in fact I can safely say I have never ever entered any competitions of this type.
    Also I am pretty sure our mobile numbers can be gotten by other means by these scammers and not just by getting people to enter competitions.

There are other threads here on boards where people have received similar texts and there were no competitions involved.

I have pm'd you my number as requested , also there are reports out there advising that texting STOP to this number has no effect.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

Hi emobile

Ported over this morning no problems however I am having trouble trying to register for bonus credit, my details and getting everything sorted out.

Could you look at my account and help me out?

Thanks
    :D

kao123 wrote: »
    Hi Tony,
    I am well aware of these types of scams and I have not entered any competitions, in fact I can safely say I have never ever entered any competitions of this type.
    Also I am pretty sure our mobile numbers can be gotten by other means by these scammers and not just by getting people to enter competitions.

There are other threads here on boards where people have received similar texts and there were no competitions involved.

I have pm'd you my number as requested , also there are reports out there advising that texting STOP to this number has no effect.

Thanks

Hi Kao123,

I have received your PM. Will check this out for you now.

Tony
    Hi emobile

Ported over this morning no problems however I am having trouble trying to register for bonus credit, my details and getting everything sorted out.

Could you look at my account and help me out?

Thanks
    :D

Hi richard2010,

Can you Pm your mobile number and pin and I will check this out for you.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭newwifey

Im having problems with my webmail account today.
    Have tried various times since morning and I can't log in. Anyone else experiencing problems?

newwifey wrote: »
    Im having problems with my webmail account today.
    Have tried various times since morning and I can't log in. Anyone else experiencing problems?

Hi newwifey,

How long have you had this issue? Have you changed your pin number recently? If you Pm your mobile and pin I can check this out for you.

Tony

Tony,

I'm waiting for my new Samsung GalaxyS3 from Emobile. I spoke on the phone today with emobile and you are out of stock apparently. Can you tell me when they are back in stock please. When I signed up on Friday, i was told they were in stock and i'd have it today via dpd couriers............

........not a good start!

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Tony,

I'm waiting for my new Samsung GalaxyS3 from Emobile. I spoke on the phone today with emobile and you are out of stock apparently. Can you tell me when they are back in stock please. When I signed up on Friday, i was told they were in stock and i'd have it today via dpd couriers............

........not a good start!

Hi MidlandsM,

Could you Dm your order number and name and address the order was placed with and I will chase this up for you.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Retro Police

Hi Retro Police,

Have you been able get your order processed? If not could you call 1800 283 091 and they will be able process your order for you.

Tony

Cheers Tony, I got it sorted.

Cheers Tony, I got it sorted.

Glad to hear you got it sorted Retro Police.

Let me know if you need any other assistance.

Tony

Hi MidlandsM,

Could you Dm your order number and name and address the order was placed with and I will chase this up for you.

Tony

in fairness to emobile, you guy's came good!

phone arrived, I'm hooked up, all good so far.:)

Thnks Tony,

MM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Spuddyspudster

Hi Tony,

I'm eMobile Business Customer and received a text from you guys regarding new roaming rates effective from July 1st and to look online for more details... I haven't been able to find any - can you provide these details to me please?

Thanks

Advertisement