Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-05-2012, 19:39   #256
ChewChew
SADISTIC HEARTLESS BITCH

HMod: COS, OTG
Anyone else not suffering yet?
Advertisement
23-05-2012, 22:46   #257
SlimCi

Was doing ok until this week, not surpisingly started taking the antihistamines on tuesday. Itchy eyes driving me mad as usual.....
23-05-2012, 23:25   #258
Stinicker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimCi View Post
Was doing ok until this week, not surpisingly started taking the antihistamines on tuesday. Itchy eyes driving me mad as usual.....
I kicked off this week also, was very bad yesterday and had to take a neoclarityn last night. Was fine today though. My nose was so itchy I could have shoved a hot poker up it yesterday evening.
23-05-2012, 23:32   #259
Brussels Sprout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewChew View Post
So far so good but it's usually June for me anyway.
24-05-2012, 21:01   #260
ChewChew
SADISTIC HEARTLESS BITCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brussels Sprout View Post
So far so good but it's usually June for me anyway.
ah ok. I'm usually at it in April. now I know it was a chilly one, but so far I've not had so much as a sneeze. I'm a little bit worried.. lol
Advertisement
24-05-2012, 21:19   #261
The_Conductor
Dinosaur Train!

Quote:
Oddly enough- no problems here so far- I'm used to getting slaughtered with it, very pleased not to have to debate tablets versus the injection just yet.
24-05-2012, 21:52   #262
juke

Quote:
ah ok. I'm usually at it in April. now I know it was a chilly one, but so far I've not had so much as a sneeze. I'm a little bit worried.. lol

Stingy eyes only so far - usually really hits in June though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smccarrick View Post
Oddly enough- no problems here so far- I'm used to getting slaughtered with it, very pleased not to have to debate tablets versus the injection just yet.
My doctor, after about 13 years of giving me the injection, has convinced me against it this year. She wants me to try anti-histamines and leukotriene suppressants.

I'll give it a go....but after so many years of the injection, I feel quiet vulnerable
04-06-2012, 19:51   #263
ChewChew
SADISTIC HEARTLESS BITCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by juke View Post
My doctor, after about 13 years of giving me the injection, has convinced me against it this year.
I want the name of your GP!!! Mine would only give me 5 injections, so Last year was year 5. This year, she said no way! So I have my stash of Anti Histamines, hay max and drops on the ready.
05-06-2012, 10:27   #264
dastardly00

Quote:
I want the name of your GP!!! Mine would only give me 5 injections, so Last year was year 5. This year, she said no way! So I have my stash of Anti Histamines, hay max and drops on the ready.
You could start taking the anti-histamines etc. now instead of waiting for hayfever symptoms to surface. Your body will then build up a good anti-histamine response for when it needs it
Advertisement
09-06-2012, 01:14   #265
guppy

Funny, was just talking to my brother about this on Sunday. My doc prescribed avamys for me prior to the 'season'. I figured tht was what was keeping symptoms at bay, but my brother said he's also not suffering badly at all, and he usually suffers, but he had exams and took nothing (he just forgot)
20-06-2012, 08:33   #266
Graces7

Thought I had flu as I had forgotten how debilitating bad hay fever is.

Hay and sileage cutting also in full spate around the house.

Forgot to get piriton yesterday too so all I havet to hand is dramamine. Abed for other reasons so will not be out till Friday now.

Ah well!

Blessings and peace
20-06-2012, 16:41   #267
Mars Bar

Swollen eyeball and itchy nose.
21-06-2012, 13:23   #268
ionapaul

The last few days have been the worst for me so far this year, though not a patch on previous years or particularly when I was a teenager. Helps that I'm not forced to mow the lawn (don't even have a lawn thankfully!) or go playing in freshly mowed fields anymore
24-06-2012, 21:57   #269
ChewChew
SADISTIC HEARTLESS BITCH

This last week has been a nightmare! I'm now taking lorat, clareeze and cetrine allergy 1 of each per day! My eyes, funnily enough, are not too bad this year but the itch in my ears, the roof of my mouth and my throat is unbearable. I wish my GP would continue giving me the injection but he won't! gah!
24-06-2012, 22:08   #270
juke

Quote:
This last week has been a nightmare! I'm now taking lorat, clareeze and cetrine allergy 1 of each per day! My eyes, funnily enough, are not too bad this year but the itch in my ears, the roof of my mouth and my throat is unbearable. I wish my GP would continue giving me the injection but he won't! gah!

Have to say - I'm doing ok - Neoclarityn & Singulair daily. Dr. says I should take Neoclarityn daily forever. Eyes a bit ichy, few headaches, but not too bad, given the way I usually am.

Normally in June I have streaming eyes, running ichy nose, feel like I've a constant hangover etc and would be topping up the injection with Clarityn - so maybe it's the the Singulair that's working for me....which pains me 'cos it's shocking expensive.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion