Horrific Footage of Homeless Schizophrenic beaten by cops - Page 6 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-05-2012, 16:01   #76
facemelter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scientician View Post
The officers involved were charged. I'm not sure what the point is in releasing the footage.
only two have been charged , afaik
Advertisement
09-05-2012, 16:08   #77
KamiKazeKitten
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Which would be absolutely super if cops are just supposed to hold people down all day. Except they are'nt, hence the little problem of non compliance
Call for backup if they need to, put him in a cell if they need.

Cops aren't supposed to beat people bloody, hence their little problem of a trial hanging over their heads.
09-05-2012, 16:14   #78
Bambi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamiKazeKitten View Post
Call for backup if they need to, put him in a cell if they need.

Cops aren't supposed to beat people bloody, hence their little problem of a trial hanging over their heads.
You mean call for the backup that already had been called for and had arrived? That backup? Presumably the idea of locking him in a cell had occurred to them and would explain why they were trying to handcuff the nutter before they could transport him to said cell?

Cops are supposed to beat people bloody, they're even supposed to shoot people dead, so long as that's the appropriate level of force that circumstances dictate.
Thanks from:
09-05-2012, 16:27   #79
vetinari

I think Bambi is just trolling tbh.

I live in Boston and definitely notice a difference in the police over here. I hope that these thugs were just outliers in the police force. However, in general, you notice far more immediate attitude from police officers over here. A lot would shout at you as soon as talk to you (lads doing traffic duty for instance).

All the police officers in this video should have been charged.
09-05-2012, 16:55   #80
Nodin

Quote:
Which would be absolutely super if cops are just supposed to hold people down all day. Except they are'nt, hence the little problem of non compliance
Yep. Thats why closed mental wards and secure hospitals have people dying every day of the week - they just can't deal with non-compliance without beatin a fella to pulp.
Advertisement
09-05-2012, 17:17   #81
Buttonftw

Quote:
Or his face got smacked off the concrete or he got tazed in the face, or or or..

Interesting logic though, he got beaten up and died therefore the coppers must be in the wrong because omg omg omg look at the video.
Yeah, let's not look at the video. Let's ignore the bit when the cop said he was going to **** him up.
09-05-2012, 17:22   #82
MagicSean
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodin View Post
Yep. Thats why closed mental wards and secure hospitals have people dying every day of the week - they just can't deal with non-compliance without beatin a fella to pulp.
i presume you are excluding suicides from your calculations?
09-05-2012, 17:27   #83
Nodin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSean View Post
i presume you are excluding suicides from your calculations?
......why would I include suicides in a discussion on the level of force and methods used to move a mentally ill person by a number of security personnel?

And why would you even mention it...?
Thanks from:
09-05-2012, 17:35   #84
MagicSean
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodin View Post
......why would I include suicides in a discussion on the level of force and methods used to move a mentally ill person by a number of security personnel?

And why would you even mention it...?
You brought up deaths in mental health wards. Do you actually know anything about them?
Advertisement
09-05-2012, 17:41   #85
Dead Man Walking
Closed Account

Sick to my stomach after watching that, actually turned it off shortly after the second two cops arrived on the scene.

****ing humans
09-05-2012, 17:46   #86
RichieC
Closed Account

Quote:
You mean call for the backup that already had been called for and had arrived? That backup? Presumably the idea of locking him in a cell had occurred to them and would explain why they were trying to handcuff the nutter before they could transport him to said cell?

Cops are supposed to beat people bloody, they're even supposed to shoot people dead, so long as that's the appropriate level of force that circumstances dictate.
You should probably get your facts straight before you decide to make a complete arsehole out of yourself.
09-05-2012, 17:54   #87
token101

Jesus. I'd normally be for defending cops, but f***ing hell. Guy twirling his baton, then both swinging at him as he's running. I hope they get convicted. As cops, a lifetime in segregation, tantamount to solitary confinement, awaits. They'll wish they'd killed themselves.
09-05-2012, 18:09   #88
WindSock
Closed Account

How was the sound recorded?
Thanks from:
09-05-2012, 18:12   #89
Parsley
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindSock View Post
How was the sound recorded?
the cops' digital recorders i think.
Thanks from:
09-05-2012, 18:16   #90
Bambi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetinari View Post
I think Bambi is just trolling tbh.
Not really, I just find it funny that people think their oh-the-humanity-that's-so-waffles response to seeing a guy being beaten is in anyway as valid as an understanding of the relevant laws or use of force matrix that the cops were operating under.

Am I defending the coppers? Nope, I'm just having a go at this lot posting here. Cos I cant tell see whats going on in most of that video and what I can see would be in compliance with most use of force policies. If it turns out that they tazed the guy in the face repeatedly or smashed his skull in with a torch then they'll go down. If you can see where that happens in the video post the timings up. Third time of asking and no takers for that, odd
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion