What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5 - Page 226 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

03-05-2012, 16:33   #3376
mariebeth

Send a message via MSN to mariebeth Send a message via Yahoo to mariebeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by McChubbin View Post
Wish me luck, folks.
Best of luck to you! It sounds like you really have the motivation, so it should be no problem. And well done on already having lost a stone!
Advertisement
03-05-2012, 16:51   #3377
herisson

Quote:
Originally Posted by awec View Post
Yes.

Especially if someone runs their hands through it or something.
excuse my ignorance seeing as i dont have man hair but would it not be easily put back in place? i assume it would be but that is just me...
im guessing for gel it could be...would it be the same for the powder?

i dont do it....i know better coz im pretty sure i would get punched or something
03-05-2012, 16:52   #3378
Jessibelle

@PhysiologyRocks, Larriane, Albection, Almostnever and Sillymoo, yis are only great, thanks It was a very long period without sleep yesterday, and yeah (4 hours really does put the shine on you doesn't it )

@SillyMoo CONGRATULATIONS DR MOO! So so chuffed for ya!

@ the Ladies Lounge en masse, exams suck, bad interviews suck and phones suck but we be better than them all. (seriously, 4 hours, like a new hyper hyper hallmark card of a person.. )
And again, thanks, the words were muchly appreciated.
(5) thanks from:
03-05-2012, 16:52   #3379
McChubbin

Thanks very muck, folks!
I'll be sure to keep y'all updated my progress.
In other news, finally picked up an O2 money card. I've got €20 on it but I've no idea what to buy for that amount- the shipping alone would cost around €15 if I decided to go for that Spongebob dufflebag I spotted on TruffleShuffle. I might do what the girl suggested and keep topping up until I get a balance of €100+ and then spree like a mad thing.
03-05-2012, 16:54   #3380
lilmissprincess

So, apparently I need to go get a massage - that pesky nerve I fecked up in fifth year is coming back to haunt me and is whats causing the rest of the problems, the shooting pains in arm and chest, which are causing my breathing to be compromised as other muscles are getting inflamed, causing heart rate to rise, causing me to panic and freak out. Seriously, I will never be able to forget working for that stupid supermarket.... Doctor has prescribed a massage. Its now that I really wish me and the Massage Therapist Ex were close friends....
Advertisement
03-05-2012, 16:54   #3381
Acoshla
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBeep! View Post
Did I mention the boy broke out his old Navy Uniform the other week? The beret is the best bit.....
I don't really like boys in that kind of uniform, berets are entirely not sexy! Girls always swoon over the fireman uniform if I mentioned my boyfriend is one, I think they have some unrealistic American stripper image in their head
03-05-2012, 17:01   #3382
Stench Blossoms
I don't actually smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoshla View Post
I don't really like boys in that kind of uniform, berets are entirely not sexy!
No no no... berets can be totally sexy
(3) thanks from:
03-05-2012, 17:02   #3383
WesternNight

Quote:
Originally Posted by McChubbin View Post
So, I had my Motivation assessment today and it turns out I have the metabolism of a 39 year old, my BMI is 41.8 (a normal range BMI is between 20-25) and my total bodyfat is 52%. In other words, I'm officially obese. Fortunately, the girl who consulted with me was lovely and helpful, explaining the whole plan to me and after some careful calculations, worked out that for my height and stature, I would need to lose a grand total of 10 stone to reach my ideal body weight, meaning I would end up as 11 stone 6lbs.
Personally, I think I'd be as skinny as Lisbeth Salender if I was that weight but I'm not the expert here so what the hell do I know. (That said, If I was that skinny, I'd so rock the punk look!)

In all seriousness, though, I'm hellbent on starting this 20 week course. It'll cost about €550 so it's time to raid my savings. I'm fed up with groaning everytime I stand up out of a chair or getting out of breath everytime I climb a flight of stairs. I haven't been skinny since I was 10 years old and I'm fed up of paying through the nose for plus size clothes instead of shopping in Penneys like a regular Jane Soap.
No more pretending I'm fat and fabulous. I'm ****ing sick of being everyone's "jolly chubby friend". I want to be able to wear nice clothes, run for a bus without collasping in a breathless heap and I want to starve off the threat of diabetes.
This program seems to be tailor made for me- I've tried everything else.
It's do or die time. As Yoda once said: Do or do not. There is no try.
On a brighter note, I discovered that since I was last weighted, I've lost a stone and I can now fit into my size 22 jeans again! *does happy dance* I've been watching my food intake all week in my food diary so this is a good start.
Wish me luck, folks.
That's brilliant! It's always a good encourgement to realise you've lost weight without even trying.. so onwards and upwards (or, in the case of the scales, downwards!) from here

The only advice I'll give (and it's advice I'll be having to take myself over the summer) is not to get discouraged if you don't hit your targets every single week. Your body will adjust, then readjust, and repeat to infinity. Just keep with it and allow for the occasional bump, because chances are, overall, the numbers will be going in the right direction

Good luck!
03-05-2012, 17:23   #3384
awec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie-Fairy View Post
excuse my ignorance seeing as i dont have man hair but would it not be easily put back in place? i assume it would be but that is just me...
im guessing for gel it could be...would it be the same for the powder?

i dont do it....i know better coz im pretty sure i would get punched or something
If you wear gel and someone starts fecking about with your hair it's really hard to fix, because gel sets dry and once it's dry you can't reshape if you know what I mean. You'd probably have to wash your hair and start again.

With the powder stuff it's fixable becaues it doesn't actually dry, but it's not wet either. Just takes time and effort. Be like you getting your hair sitting as you want it and me coming over and frizzing it all up. You can fix it but it's annoying.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-05-2012, 17:26   #3385
Neyite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane_LS_88 View Post
Apparently I'm too plain not to wear brightly coloured eyeshadow..
Jane, I think I'm wearing similar colours to you at the wedding I've to go to at the weekend. Blues and teal, but anytime I've tried to wear green or blue on the eyes I look awful.

I've blue eyes so I will be using browns and a hint of golds. Failsafe, and subtle, and looks way better in pictures - bright colours can look very harsh and ageing.

If you had to absolutely wear brighter colours, a very workable shade is any kind of mauve/pinky tones.
(2) thanks from:
03-05-2012, 17:31   #3386
SarahBeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stench Blossoms View Post
No no no... berets can be totally sexy
And the look on his face when he puts it in.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
(2) thanks from:
03-05-2012, 17:32   #3387
x Purple Pawprints x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neyite View Post
Jane, I think I'm wearing similar colours to you at the wedding I've to go to at the weekend. Blues and teal, but anytime I've tried to wear green or blue on the eyes I look awful.

I've blue eyes so I will be using browns and a hint of golds. Failsafe, and subtle, and looks way better in pictures - bright colours can look very harsh and ageing.

If you had to absolutely wear brighter colours, a very workable shade is any kind of mauve/pinky tones.
I've got blue eyes as well. I put on a dark green eye shadow earlier to see what it's like on my eyes and it's nice but not sure if it will be okay with the dress. I wear glasses and they're red so I feel like they hide my eyes sometimes..

The green one on the bottom left is the one I tried.

Thanks from:
03-05-2012, 17:33   #3388
Ilyana
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahBeep! View Post
And the look on his face when he puts it in.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
03-05-2012, 17:33   #3389
herisson

Quote:
Originally Posted by awec View Post
If you wear gel and someone starts fecking about with your hair it's really hard to fix, because gel sets dry and once it's dry you can't reshape if you know what I mean. You'd probably have to wash your hair and start again.

With the powder stuff it's fixable becaues it doesn't actually dry, but it's not wet either. Just takes time and effort. Be like you getting your hair sitting as you want it and me coming over and frizzing it all up. You can fix it but it's annoying.
i didnt even think about the gel staying in place...of course it would be hard to fix *idiot alert* i just assumed if it was knocked out of place you could put it back into place if that makes sense??
sorry i really dont have an experience with using gel in my hair

also sorry about the questions....i was just curious and i dont know why to be honest!
03-05-2012, 17:35   #3390
sillymoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessibelle View Post

@SillyMoo CONGRATULATIONS DR MOO! So so chuffed for ya!
Aww shucks thanks! We won't get carried away just yet though - results next week
(2) thanks from:
Thread Closed