Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-04-2012, 20:25   #16
B1gft

Mumbai Indians are the team for me. The players they have, class and that is even after losing today. (levi, hero first day, not so good today) Like kkR because of Morgan but Mumbai is the team.
Love the league, love 20/20, love seen legends of the game, ( I have not got Sky Sports) love the atmosphere of the games, love its free on tv, 54 days is not to long for me. Love the IPl.
Advertisement
07-04-2012, 01:51   #17
Rjd2

Rahene is class isn't he? Lovely innings today and looking at his monster first class stats in domestic cricket, I could see him opening in all formats sooner rather than later.
09-04-2012, 17:41   #18
Giggsy11

I feel for anyone who missed Steyn's over. Amazing bowler.
09-04-2012, 19:14   #19
Rjd2

Dale was superb today, pleased because he has never quite clicked in 20/20.

Sadly for Dale, some poor bowling from everyone else let him down. Daniel Christian bowling the last over was always risky. Not sure why Deccan aren't playing Duminy either, much better player than White these days who despite some runs is nowhere near as destructive as he was a few years ago.

Great innings for Rohit to win it though.
09-04-2012, 19:31   #20
B1gft

Who ever tells you cricket is boring, should see that game.

Steyns was pure class. Surprised and delighted they did not keep him to bowl the last over. My man of the match

Sharma showed his class and coolness.

A perfect way to spend a bank holiday monday.
Advertisement
13-04-2012, 11:55   #21
Cardinal Richelieu
Closed Account

Interesting article about IPL fan fatigue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-17699415
Thanks from:
18-04-2012, 09:22   #22
Giggsy11

It is so odd that almost ever team has a West Indian star player but their national team is so poor. They have got superb talent shame about the issues with board and contract issues. If they play for the team, they will up there with the best fighting for the top spot.

Chennai
Bravo

Deccan
Darren Bravo

Delhi
Andre Russell

KKR
Sunil Narine

Mumbai
Pollard

Pune
Samuels

Rajasthan
Cooper

Bangalore
Gayle

All very good ODI players and I'm counting players playing in IPL only.
18-04-2012, 19:45   #23
booth70

Will Morgs get a game at KKR
20-04-2012, 07:54   #24
LewisForb

Daredevils beat Deccan by 5 wicket

Kevin Pietersen's first Twenty20 century taken the DD to a 5 wicket victory over DC as they moved to the top of the IPL.
While DC suffered their 4th consecutive loss & stayed at the bottom of the table with no points. Really great match!

Last edited by TrueDub; 20-04-2012 at 09:13.
Advertisement
21-04-2012, 07:15   #25
B1gft

Giggsy

West Indian team (please correct me if I am wrong) have talent coming out their ears, but they are from different Islands and they just dont click together as a team, (normally) as there would be no love lost between the Islands. I think its only cricket that they join together and are known as the west Indias.

Booth
I think if he was going to get a game, he would have by now. How different a year can make.
21-04-2012, 09:24   #26
Giggsy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1gft View Post
Giggsy

West Indian team (please correct me if I am wrong) have talent coming out their ears, but they are from different Islands and they just dont click together as a team, (normally) as there would be no love lost between the Islands. I think its only cricket that they join together and are known as the west Indias..
Yeah they are from different islands, even when they were dominating cricket it was same isn't it.

Even now they will play together if not for the contract issues, it is such a shame that Gayle wont be playing international cricket.
21-04-2012, 11:06   #27
B1gft

I am delighted he is not in the t20 world cup, we are in the same group as them.
Does malinga play with them, I have an idea he does not, but could be wrong. Malinga and Gale on the same team would beat the best of them.
27-04-2012, 19:03   #28
Cardinal Richelieu
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1gft View Post
Giggsy

West Indian team (please correct me if I am wrong) have talent coming out their ears, but they are from different Islands and they just dont click together as a team, (normally) as there would be no love lost between the Islands. I think its only cricket that they join together and are known as the west Indias.

Booth
I think if he was going to get a game, he would have by now. How different a year can make.
The West Indian Team in the 1970s and 1980s was from different islands and countries too. I don't think they have a talented crop at all, one day talent who sell their skills to the highest bidder but suspect at international and Test match level perhaps. Of course the WI Board couldn't run a piss up in a brewery if they tried doesn't help. NBA is frequently blamed for there lack of fast bowlers these days but I can't think of too many famous WI basketball players.
29-04-2012, 13:16   #29
Placebo

cant get over how HD the live stream is http://www.youtube.com/user/indiatimes

enjoying it, ITV4 decided not to show it today so went online

Last edited by Placebo; 29-04-2012 at 15:03.
29-04-2012, 15:02   #30
Rjd2

Caught the end of the Delhi game, Rajasthan made the classic mistake of leaving a little to much to do in the last few overs, Morne Morkel is not someone you really want to have to do much against.

Delhi probably should drop Taylor and play Russell who will bulk their bowling and can smash it miles himself.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion