3day<35min10km2012 - Page 6 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-02-2012, 20:05   #76
Donelson
Closed Account

Weekend was a wash out, ago no training. Last night short tempo of 5km@3:54, tonight an easy mma session, tomorrow is a bit of a beast, 1 hour of footy followed by 16km@4:17. I'll be very happy if I can stick to this!

looking at the plan in general, I think I should race somewhere between short tempo and 1600m intervals so somewhere between 3:55 to 3:40. Here's hoping!
Advertisement
29-02-2012, 09:27   #77
dna_leri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donelson View Post
tomorrow is a bit of a beast, 1 hour of footy followed by 16km@4:17. I'll be very happy if I can stick to this!
I predict an injury if you do.
29-02-2012, 10:34   #78
Simmo39

1 hour of footy followed by 16km@4:17. I'll be very happy if I can stick to this!

+ 1, Why try do both. Maybe pick one or the other...
Thanks from:
01-03-2012, 18:51   #79
Donelson
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna_leri View Post
Quote:
tomorrow is a bit of a beast, 1 hour of footy followed by 16km@4:17. I'll be very happy if I can stick to this!
I predict an injury if you do.
if it had been a tough footy session I would have trimmed the millage, I think I have a reasonable feel for when my legs are knackered.

Last edited by Donelson; 01-03-2012 at 19:02.
01-03-2012, 19:00   #80
Donelson
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmo39 View Post
1 hour of footy followed by 16km@4:17. I'll be very happy if I can stick to this!

+ 1, Why try do both. Maybe pick one or the other...
I've been thinking the exact same thing of late, the difficult is that I enjoy them all,
If stop training mma, I know I won't be back, age it's against me, and the other guys aren't getting any slower our weaker.
Footy is a social thing and I would really miss the banter etc, and when I compare it to the solo pursuit or running, I think if I had to choose I'd end up resenting running!
Last but not least, swimming, I only swim once, or maybe twice, max a week, and I am still dog slow, but it took a long time to get to where I am, so I'd hate to let it slide.
Advertisement
01-03-2012, 19:10   #81
Donelson
Closed Account

Mma tonight, and I'm thinking a lss (long slow swim) tomorrow, I was very surprised how strong I felt on my runs after my last lss. I'll play it by ear, if I'm too tired, I'll keep it short. Rest day planned (unavoidable) for saturday.
03-03-2012, 23:10   #82
Donelson
Closed Account

Friday did not follow any plan when I got to the pool it was nice and quiet so I got my own lane I had decided In work that rather than just plod out 3km that I should do it as a 6x500m to try and keep a little quality, I set a target of 10 mins per rep. I set off on my first rep and was thinking to myself that I was working a little hard and had expected to come in under target but when I got to the wall the watch said 10:40, I was actually despondent when I saw this (you'd have thought my dog had died). I did 3 more reps before heading home in a sulk!

Despite having this down as a rest day, I was in dublin so I headed along to my usual yoga session, I have so many bio mechanical issues it's not even funny, no flexibility in my ankles, hyper extending knees, tribble hip alignment, a spine that is so buckled that when I do plank it looks like a ski jump, shoulder blades that are permanently winged, and neck muscles you can play like an oboe.
04-03-2012, 18:25   #83
Donelson
Closed Account

Just about to head out the door to do my intervals and it's freezing, I can't wait for summer intervals are 6x800@3:30/km with a 90sec ri. this new ri has me worried, where's my 400m walk gone!
In other news this is day one of a clean eating streak
05-03-2012, 19:31   #84
Donelson
Closed Account

Cycled to the pool, and did 5x100@<100sec zooommm!

Oh clean eating streak last one day, I'll be back on the horse again tomorrow.

Last edited by Donelson; 05-03-2012 at 20:00.
Advertisement
11-03-2012, 21:15   #85
Donelson
Closed Account

Lots of stress and very little training this week, for the record no mma, only one football session and one lazy swim.
going with out the gamin for the week and I'll be giving my interval session a miss.
Tried to get out for an interval session today but cramped out as soon as I started.

On a complete side note watched a good bit of the world in doors, does anybody know its nicola sanders is marred? (stalker alert)
12-03-2012, 20:46   #86
Donelson
Closed Account

Another awesome day out running............no no I'm lying.
It wasn't the worst run, maybe a 3 out of 10, 10km, no time, pace, or hr to report, the watch is staying home until I feel better.

Happy run.
14-03-2012, 21:49   #87
Donelson
Closed Account

It's nice to have some good stuff to report, I'm back on the plan, running 3:55s for 6.5km and 4:55 for 3km, felt comfortable at 3:55
15-03-2012, 22:23   #88
Donelson
Closed Account

Heading for the pool tomorrow, planning a lss, going to leave the watch at home, as I don't want to upset myself .
Plan for the weekend are two spins on the bike, one to waterford city and one up mount leinster, please please please be sunny
16-03-2012, 15:57   #89
Donelson
Closed Account

Quote:
Heading for the pool tomorrow, planning a lss, going to leave the watch at home, as I don't want to upset myself .
Plan for the weekend are two spins on the bike, one to waterford city and one up mount leinster, please please please be sunny
Swim is definitely in ebb mode at the moment, ~ 1000m, slow, but I've started breathing threw my nose which I'm taking as a positive. I can feel hips wiggling about so I think I'll need some planks, squats etc, and some lessons! !!
18-03-2012, 10:33   #90
Donelson
Closed Account

I'm writing this because I'm still in bed! And that's what it's going to be about!
This time last year I would be long gone, out for a run, or out on the bike and I'd be busting my chops, annoyed that I'd wasted yet another winter, and cursing myself for being soft and staying in out of the cold. This year I've no mojo, and no grit in the mill. I could live with this if I'd been training hard and everything was coming together but I haven't, and it hasn't. I'm not really sure where this is going, but for now I'm going to begrudgingly get the bike out from the spare room and go for a spin, maybe in pick up some mojo from the mojo shop while I'm out there.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion