WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII - Page 474 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

27-02-2012, 22:33   #7096
sue z

Hello all,
Im new to this thread. Joining back WW tomo for the 3rd time. Lost almost 2 stone 2 years ago but have it back on now. It was the old points system last time so a bit apprehensive about the new one. If any1 has any tips about it Id be very grateful.

My new mantra: "3rd time lucky..."
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
27-02-2012, 22:38   #7097
Baby75

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue z View Post
Hello all,
Im new to this thread. Joining back WW tomo for the 3rd time. Lost almost 2 stone 2 years ago but have it back on now. It was the old points system last time so a bit apprehensive about the new one. If any1 has any tips about it Id be very grateful.

once you get used to the new system you will love it, I don't feel like i am on a diet at all!
Thanks from:
27-02-2012, 22:48   #7098
username2010

Evenin' All!
How are we doing? Happy Monday! Had a lovely stir fry for my dinner tonight - red pepper, red onion, garlic, carrot, broccoli and a few baby spuds...yum yum....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstuff! View Post
Im finally back in the zone, after spending the past 8 weeks going to meetings and only kinda trying, I decided that I wouldnt go last tuesday but went out and bought a pretty little notepad instead to use as my tracker! Weighed myself wednesday morning (not pretty) & have stayed within 26pp everyday & only used 5weeklies so far! Really hoping for a good loss this week

This thread is great for keeping on track, some great posts, saved me from a 27pp milkshake from eddie rockets last night!!!
Well done for getting back on track! - Hope WI goes great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyDoll View Post
Hi all... Motivation has been a little low now the New Year buzz is long gone.. and some of my followers have been asking for a 'challenge' as such... so if anyone is interested I'm starting a mini challenge for Easter ....

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspo...challange.html

No need to check in if you don't want to.. but there's 7 weeks to Easter and a a mini challenge it might make a 1/2 stone before we face all the summer gear coming into the shops!

Doll x
Great idea - I'm in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Kitty View Post
I'm going to be down on Wednesday. My home scales is telling me 2lb at the moment, but I don't dare to dream it. I'm 2.5lb to goal. I was 10st3 this morning, I actually can't remember being that weight in the past 12 years, I don't think I have.

I'm laying into the water here at my desk.
Best of luck! - Fingers crossed for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danii86 View Post
Just back from kettelbells.... Omg girls i seriously think there should b a legal limit for the ammount of lacti acid u cn hav in your blood while driving!!! I was literally shaking after it....jelly limbs is an understatement!!!! Feel great after it tho!!!
I'd say the old kettleballs are great - Fair play to ya!
27-02-2012, 23:26   #7099
hollee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue z View Post
Hello all,

Ill be honest I found the new system hard to get my head around at first, dont let that put you off though, i think i just needed to forget i had ever done ww before, alot of the old points values seem to have almost doubled on the new propoints but then there are advantages like fruits now not having any points anymore!

What im really finding great this time round its the advantage of the thread here and being able to use my phone for tracking, they have both been a huge help.

Its my third time too, i know it works, thats why i have come back to it.

Best of luck and keep us posted on your progress.
28-02-2012, 01:00   #7100
carneen

Weighed in tonight, delighted to be another 3 pounds down! however to celebrate i had a mini twirl... which was a bad idea, i know and regret it already! anyway im off spinning 2mro to make up for it!

2mro is a fresh start though... so i'll behave myself!
hope everyone has a good week!
Advertisement
28-02-2012, 10:48   #7101
tiny_penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danii86 View Post
Just back from kettelbells.... Omg girls i seriously think there should b a legal limit for the ammount of lacti acid u cn hav in your blood while driving!!! I was literally shaking after it....jelly limbs is an understatement!!!! Feel great after it tho!!!
Ooh i really wanna try kettelbells - its one of the classes I have been eyeing up in the gym. Might give it a go this week or next!

Have my WI tonight and the nerves are back. Have stuck to my points, still have 24 weeklies left. But I was out for skinflint pizza on Saturday and my exercise has been down a bit cos I have been so busy. Only been to the gym once all week and done nothing else bar the 20 mins of walking to work. Now the one day in the gym I did do much more than usual. Did cardio for the whole duration of the rugby match cos I couldn't leave until it was over. I think I'm just nervous after my visit to the doctor yesterday and her scales not showing a loss for me. I would be happy enough with a STS, but I would be gutted if I gained anything. I have lost exactly a stone and a gain would push me back under that which would not be good at all.

I also lost my measuring tape so I cant even check on inches lost!
28-02-2012, 11:37   #7102
Baby75

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny_penguin View Post
Ooh i really wanna try kettelbells - its one of the classes I have been eyeing up in the gym. Might give it a go this week or next!

Have my WI tonight and the nerves are back. Have stuck to my points, still have 24 weeklies left. But I was out for skinflint pizza on Saturday and my exercise has been down a bit cos I have been so busy. Only been to the gym once all week and done nothing else bar the 20 mins of walking to work. Now the one day in the gym I did do much more than usual. Did cardio for the whole duration of the rugby match cos I couldn't leave until it was over. I think I'm just nervous after my visit to the doctor yesterday and her scales not showing a loss for me. I would be happy enough with a STS, but I would be gutted if I gained anything. I have lost exactly a stone and a gain would push me back under that which would not be good at all.

I also lost my measuring tape so I cant even check on inches lost!
good luck don't worry different scales, diffident time of the day all effect it, plus it showed you the same if you were up on the doctors scales I would be worried, chances are it hadn't showed yet fx for no gain
Thanks from:
28-02-2012, 12:41   #7103
the west wing

Pah! I can't get to my weigh-in today. Don't you hate it when life completely throws you and messes up all your plans! I'll have to go on Thursday.
28-02-2012, 13:05   #7104
lisa_celtic

Send a message via Skype™ to lisa_celtic
down 0.5 so still 0.5 to go to 2stone... I am getting back to basics weigh and track everything and cutting back on treats i have 12.5lbs to goal and I have been playing with the same 4lb since December cause of holidays and christmas!
Advertisement
28-02-2012, 13:32   #7105
Danii86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa_celtic View Post
down 0.5 so still 0.5 to go to 2stone... I am getting back to basics weigh and track everything and cutting back on treats i have 12.5lbs to goal and I have been playing with the same 4lb since December cause of holidays and christmas!
Ya I'm in the same boat....being up a bot down a bit, STS a bit, I cnt wait 2 see the back end of 11 7!!!! Its really annoying, but like you said, you've just gotta go back to basics really!!! Its just what works
28-02-2012, 13:43   #7106
ShindyB

Went to gym this morning and got the groceries in. Had a lovely wholemeal bagel with iceberg lettuce, ex-light mayo, red onion and wafer thin ham. It was yum!

Steamed salmon and veg for dinner tonight. Chicken stirfry for tomorrow. TOTM arrived today also, kinda glad because been feeling so bloated the last few days! Full of energy today though thank god! Here's to a good week!
28-02-2012, 14:11   #7107
Taz1

STS this week. I suppose it's better than being up but I just realised that I'd been pointing yoghurts at 1 point when they should have been 3, I'm hoping this and the fact that I don't measure my milk or butter (I have a "ah sure I only take a tiny bit I'll say its one point" attitude!) is the problem, because I've been tracking well other than that and going for runs/training.
I think I got away with that attitude towards the butter and milk at the start coz the weight falls off easier at the start anyway, but now that I'm almost 12 weeks into the programme and down to the minimal 26 points I don't think it'll cut it any more! The past month I've either STS or put on weight; is this normal 12 weeks in, finding it harder to make any loss at all.. And yes I am in the process of varying what I eat and changing my exercise. Has anyone else experienced this slump before or am I just doing something wrong? While I'm still motivated its becoming VERY discouraging...
28-02-2012, 14:14   #7108
RachaelFergie

Ok so I've a question, I know I'm up fell off the wagon for the last few weeks but finally have managed to kick myself into gear- I weighed myself on a friends scales and I am up!! But the question is do I go to wi tonight or give myself a week to get back on track?? Help
28-02-2012, 14:27   #7109
tiny_penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz1 View Post
STS this week. I suppose it's better than being up but I just realised that I'd been pointing yoghurts at 1 point when they should have been 3, I'm hoping this and the fact that I don't measure my milk or butter (I have a "ah sure I only take a tiny bit I'll say its one point" attitude!) is the problem, because I've been tracking well other than that and going for runs/training.
I think I got away with that attitude towards the butter and milk at the start coz the weight falls off easier at the start anyway, but now that I'm almost 12 weeks into the programme and down to the minimal 26 points I don't think it'll cut it any more! The past month I've either STS or put on weight; is this normal 12 weeks in, finding it harder to make any loss at all.. And yes I am in the process of varying what I eat and changing my exercise. Has anyone else experienced this slump before or am I just doing something wrong? While I'm still motivated its becoming VERY discouraging...
Measure absolutely everything until you have done it enough so that you know what you are having on sight. Butter is really dangerous to guess as a tsp of butter looks like NOTHING and so you are prob having at least 2pp at your guess. The only things I know by sight is cereal and the milk for my cereal and I am still going to keep re measuring every few weeks so I can be sure portion sizes arent slipping up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelFergie View Post
Ok so I've a question, I know I'm up fell off the wagon for the last few weeks but finally have managed to kick myself into gear- I weighed myself on a friends scales and I am up!! But the question is do I go to wi tonight or give myself a week to get back on track?? Help
Go tonight and get weighed. Find out what the damage is and start on a clean slate. You might be surprised at your WI, different scales, times of day etc can all affect it. Also if you gain 2lbs today and dont go, and lose 1.5lbs the coming week you will show a loss next week and be disappointed. If you skip one meeting it is very easy to let yourself lapse in motivation. Go and face the music and it will motivate you to be so much better after! (Hope that makes sense)
28-02-2012, 14:33   #7110
ali85

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelFergie View Post
I would go.... My WI is tomorrow night and as it stands it looks like I'm still 11st 7lb. It said 11st 6lb this morning, but it said 11st 8lb last night... am not looking forward to WI but I think if I don't go I will leave myself open to falling off the wagon. I know I have done that on more than one occasion. At least if you go and it does say you are up you are addressing it and taking account then moving on.

Don't forget, scales can be totally different. My scales at home says one thing, the scales at WI says another and the scales on my Wii Fit says something else.
(2) thanks from:
Thread Closed