Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-02-2012, 14:02   #1
Cass

Send a message via MSN to Cass
Shooting days - Swap - Meet ups.

Every so often whether its a newbie or just a few Boards members wanting to meet up a thread gets posted by someone looking for shooting.

These can vary between someone looking for a shooting buddy, to someone looking for a "swop day". When they look to shoot elsewhere in return for a days shooting on their permissions.

These threads/post often take the form of an advert in the For Sale/Wanted section or a thread in the hunting section, and as a result they often do not get replies or can be lost in the forum.

To "centralise" this swopping of shooting days/permissions we (mods) though it would be best to have a dedicated sticky where people can post what it is they are looking for and see if anyone else is already looking for the same thing.

As this will be a trial run we will not have drop down menus as in the for sale section, but to keep things simple, safe, and above board there will be a few rules.
  • Boards.ie, and by association the mods, are not the police, and are not responsible for events/days/actions outside of the forum/site. We are providing you with the platform to arrange these days (because it is already happening on the forum), but accept no responsibility for how the day is planned, goes, is good or bad, etc. So in other words do your homework. Know who you are meeting. Meet in a public place if it's someone you don't know.
  • All posters must give the exact details of what it is they are looking for. As in no randomn "want to shoot" posts. Include what you are after and the the type of firearm you wish to use.
  • All posters will keep private contact info between themselves via the PM system. This means no sharing of phone numbers, e-mails, landlines, addresses, permission areas/addresses on the open forum.
  • All agreements between posters must include all details to one another. So no nick names, "handles", etc. You supply your full name and address to the person responding to your post (oce ye have agreed on a day, time, etc), and they do like wise.
  • There is to be no chit chat or after day reports on this thread. If you meet up with a few lad, and enjoy a days shooting then go on and start your own thread in the hunting section. Any posts not responding to or asking about a day will be removed. No notifications will be forthcoming.
  • Mark your post clearly. As we do not have the same drop down menu as in the for sale section there is a title bar at the top of every post you make. Use this to title/name the post. So if you are saying you want to invite some people to shoot your permission(s) you wirte "Wanted: Shooting in Laois/Offaly/Kilkenny, etc". or "Offered: Shooting in Laois/Offaly/Kilkenny, etc" Then write the post as normal in the dialogue box.
  • If you post offering a day there is NO guarantee that the person that answers will respond in kind. So if you post offering a day be under no illusions that the person is obliged to offer a day in return. They are not. This is a free service between members, and the mods will not interfere if you give a day out, but do not receive one in return.
  • If you plan a day with someone either make the day or give plenty of notice of your intention to NOT attend. Do not make arrangements to meet someone then not turn up. It's unfair, and will lead to the thread being a waste of time as people will not believe or trust those that post on it. Anyone found to be doing this purposely/maliciously will not be allowed to post again.
  • Both parties should/must have firearms & permissions. While there will be no onus to return the offer of a days shooting they must be in a position to do so regardless. This will create an element of safety, and should cut out the "new members" that would seek to abuse this system for nefarious means.
  • No posts from people described above will be permitted. This is not a platform for non shooters seeking a day out for free or for fun. If someone makes contact with you regarding such a day, and you are dubious, nervous, or feel the person has no experience with frearms, and wants to go out for a day for the experience then report the post/PM, and do not provide information about yourself. Also do not start a "war of words". Report anything that concerns you and let the mods deal with it.
  • This thread is NOT an event notification thread. So any organised events such as clay shoots, novice days, pistol comps, etc are to be posted in their respective threads in the appropriate forum. Also commercial days, driven shoots, etc are not for this thread. In other words nothing of a commercial nature.
  • As a free service among members there is to be no "selling" of shooting. So posts advertising your services will be removed. Even if those services are free you will not be allowed to advertise here. This is for the free swopping of a days shooting amongst members.

As said at the top of the thread. This will run for an unspecified amount of time to see how it works. Any issues, problems, abuse of the system, etc will result in what could be a useful tool being shut down. There will be no "leeway" for mistakes. The rules are clear, and laid out above so please read them carefully before posting.

It's for you lads, and ladies so use, and enjoy it.
==================================================================================================

I've taken the liberty of adding in a couple of posts by users already looking for this kind of day swop. Due to technical issues i have posted under my name for them.
==================================================================================================

Last edited by Cass; 20-02-2012 at 17:24.
Advertisement
09-02-2012, 14:12   #2
Cass

Send a message via MSN to Cass
Crow or pigeon shooting - Limerick/North Kerry.

Originally posted by gunisfun on the For Sale/Wanted section. Please respond to gunisfun and not me.

===========================================================================

I am looking for some shooting crow or pigeon. I am really looking for some one to bring me out and show me the ropes as no one in my family or friends do it.

I'm in the limerick or north Kerry area. I have some shooting for the summer but don't know how to go about it thanks
09-02-2012, 20:30   #3
Farmlife

Wanted: Shooting in North-West Dublin / Co Meath

I'm looking for a day to get the hang of shooting and a few tip's, anything from rabbit to pigeon / crows. I've a .22lr and shotgun, NARGC insurance, Target club member, 30 years old, 4x4 Jeep, uCaller, decoys, Thanks

Last edited by Cass; 20-02-2012 at 17:22.
09-02-2012, 20:50   #4
sonofthegun
Closed Account

really good idea we do alot of crop protction pigeon shooting. will try to organise somthing and post it up as soon as life calms down all shooting is over crops here in south tipp not to many lads doing it around here few of the big crop farmers are always willing to give permission as long as place is kept tidy .
sotg
09-02-2012, 21:47   #5
cyberblade 918c

Wanted: Lamping around Tuam, Galway.

would be interested in a few nights lamping with anyone in and around the Tuam, Co. Galway area or surrounding towns / villages. Have lamps / calls etc but very few permissions.

Great idea for a sticky guys - thanks (",)

Last edited by Cass; 20-02-2012 at 17:19.
Advertisement
17-02-2012, 11:14   #6
driscoll187

Wanted: Pigeon shooting in Wicklow

im interested in pigeon shooting in co.wicklow, done a small bit last year, have my own shotgun.

Last edited by Cass; 20-02-2012 at 17:20.
19-02-2012, 18:31   #7
walsh.peter

Wanted: Rabbit shooting in East Cork.

Interested in Rabbit shooting, in East Cork Area, Have a .22 rifle.
Thanks
Peter

forgot to say, i work shift work so could be available afternoon times during the week if that helps

Last edited by Cass; 20-02-2012 at 17:20. Reason: Title change
20-02-2012, 17:10   #8
Alan 1990

Offered: Rabbit/vermin shooting in Wexford.

Hi Anyone interested in rabbit shooting/vermin control in the Wexford area? One of my permissions has quite a good few rabbits on it compared to other areas. I have a .22 rifle and a shotgun. Would be only using the rifle as I prefair it for hunting.
Pm if interested cheers.

Last edited by Cass; 20-02-2012 at 17:21.
27-02-2012, 11:32   #9
davekangoo

Wanted: Shooting in Wicklow/kildare

i am looking to do a bit of shooting in wicklow and kildare areas
would anybody be willing to offer me permission
i have 20 years exp
rifle shooting (cz17hmr)
mainly rabbits and the odd fox
pm me
i also have insurance
it would only be weekends early mornings
just myself and my son

Last edited by davekangoo; 27-02-2012 at 14:27. Reason: mire detail
Advertisement
27-02-2012, 14:24   #10
davekangoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan 1990
Hi Anyone interested in rabbit shooting/vermin control in the Wexford area? One of my permissions has quite a good few rabbits on it compared to other areas. I have a .22 rifle and a shotgun. Would be only using the rifle as I prefair it for hunting.
Pm if interested cheers
im interested in your offer what part of wex are you in im in dublin so it would only be 1 early morning a week pm me with details please

Last edited by Cass; 27-02-2012 at 15:01.
28-02-2012, 18:46   #11
neeko

Wanted: Rifle shooting permission in Waterford

Hi Lads

Currently have a small area of permission in Wexford but it doesn't afford me much opportunity to do a whole lot of shooting.

I'm really looking for a few spots around Waterford (I'm in Kilcohan myself) to do some rabbit shooting. Have a .22LR and IFA Countryside insurance.

Any offers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
07-03-2012, 12:11   #12
garyc007

Offered: Vermin shooting in Sligo/Roscommon

Hi lads,

Il be organising a few beats around my way shortly and maybe some lamping and anyone interested can pm me. I intend to buy some pheasants shortly and i dont want the foxes going with them on me.

Also id be interested in doing a bit of decoying pigeons if anyones offering?

Cheers

Gary

Last edited by Cass; 07-03-2012 at 12:14.
09-03-2012, 14:40   #13
long range shooter

Wanted: Vermin/Game Shooting in Midlands.

Looking for vermin control,small game hunting in the midlands near kinnegad/mullingar.
Have insurance and member of gunclub.
Thanks

Last edited by Cass; 09-03-2012 at 16:13.
20-03-2012, 19:42   #14
German pointer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofthegun View Post
really good idea we do alot of crop protction pigeon shooting. will try to organise somthing and post it up as soon as life calms down all shooting is over crops here in south tipp not to many lads doing it around here few of the big crop farmers are always willing to give permission as long as place is kept tidy .
sotg
I would be interested in that. I have side by side and NARGC membership insurance and your are not too far down the road from me, let me have the details when you have them please
10-04-2012, 23:04   #15
dodderangler

Wanted; Vermin hunting.

I would travel for good land for rabbits and crows

<MOD NOTE>

Posts 15, 16, 17, & 18 moved from original thread here.

Last edited by Cass; 11-04-2012 at 01:57.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion