The Road Less Traveled: IM 2012 - Page 25 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-02-2012, 14:18   #361
Dory Dory

My absolute last suggestion is for you to pretend the audience is completely naked...but...any way...eh hem......there's no doubt you'll do one most-awsome (if not totally useless) dive off those blocks with or without all of our well-intentioned meddling!

Pictures...I hate pictures of myself...I look like crap. Plus, I hate having to follow you! Good god, you the goddess of the tri.....
But...just to play along (three stars and all!! woop woop!) I will see what I can find. You may have your photo by nightfall....maybe....mud run....or Achill.....??
Advertisement
17-02-2012, 14:31   #362
Oryx
Soloist

Send a message via MSN to Oryx
I'm the goddess of slow. And old as well. But thanks for making an old lady happy. And it wont be a big stretch to imagine everyone naked so I'll try that, cheers.

*waits with bated breath for pics*
Thanks from:
17-02-2012, 18:35   #363
Dory Dory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryx View Post
I'm the goddess of slow. And old as well. But thanks for making an old lady happy. And it wont be a big stretch to imagine everyone naked so I'll try that, cheers.

*waits with bated breath for pics*
Tried to post pics...but all that happened was my link to the pics was referenced (and you can get to them via the link, but that's unexciting). I'm pretty technically-challenged and am not sure how to just slap those photos up there on the site like all of ye other peeps....so...if you have any suggestions, please feel free to share them.
17-02-2012, 21:29   #364
Oryx
Soloist

If you have the pic on your pc, upload it to a hosting site like tinypic. It will give you a link to the photo that you can paste into a reply in any thread. Hth
17-02-2012, 21:35   #365
Dory Dory

Trying now....
Advertisement
17-02-2012, 22:21   #366
Dory Dory

Done. I'm not as glamorous as you, and I hate pics of myself, but there you go!
17-02-2012, 22:28   #367
Oryx
Soloist

Oh good god if you think I'm glamorous I need to post a different picture. Youre a lean mean running machine. With more than a hint of Demi
Thanks from:
19-02-2012, 18:34   #368
Oryx
Soloist

I wasn't sure if I would be able to train today. After a good day Friday, yesterday was I was a wreck again. This weird flu seems to hit in 24 hour bursts. But I woke feeling pretty good, and an hour on the turbo at z2 was ok. Later today I got out for a run, which I got through but it was tough.. Though for GI issues rather than flu. As usual I can't run after eating anything other than porridge and two hours after I've finished I'm still sick. But got just over ten miles done at least.

Thats week eleven done. A rotten week because I was off form for most of it. I did get some good sessions done though, and my total hours were just twenty minutes off target, even if the individual targets were screwed up. But this was the first week I felt pressure. It all felt hard. Hopefully this dose will feck off and next week will be an improvement.
20-02-2012, 11:57   #369
Oryx
Soloist

Pretty ok swim today. 500 warm up, including 100 backstroke. 1000m of mixed drills. 600m paddles. 2 x 300 and a 200 s/d.

2900 in total. (would have been 3k but ran out of time.) It felt good, particularly the last sets. Apart from when a biffo stood in the middle of the swim lane for ten minutes to chat (to his mates, not to me!), and then relaxed by sitting on the lane divider. I got such pool rage.

Last edited by Oryx; 21-02-2012 at 13:46.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
20-02-2012, 22:49   #370
Oryx
Soloist

Kettlebells. With added pullups, dips and handstands. Very tired by it all but its always such a satisfying workout. I have a 1500 tt tomorrow so no early turbo. Need all the energy I can get so the coach don't rip into me.
21-02-2012, 02:13   #371
Dory Dory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryx View Post
Kettlebells. With added pullups, dips and handstands. Very tired by it all but its always such a satisfying workout. I have a 1500 tt tomorrow so no early turbo. Need all the energy I can get so the coach don't rip into me.

Handstands? Good god, is there nothing you can't do?
And your tt......I'll be sending you some good mojo, so knock em dead!
Thanks from:
21-02-2012, 13:41   #372
couerdelion

kettlebells, pull-ups, handstands and dips the night before a 1500m TT?
Eeeeek
Thanks from:
21-02-2012, 13:45   #373
Oryx
Soloist

Quote:
Originally Posted by couerdelion View Post
kettlebells, pull-ups, handstands and dips the night before a 1500m TT?
Eeeeek
Yeah. My shoulders ache. I'm more concerned with having worn myself out on the 2.9k swim yesterday.

I can only do the handstand against the wall, so not that wonderful!

I'm not holding out much hope on the tt, with the training load these days, everything is slowing down just a little. But I'll give it a shot. Better than diving off that dive block, anyhoo!
Thanks from:
21-02-2012, 23:45   #374
Oryx
Soloist

I went. I swam. It was as expected: slow. First few lengths I couldn't get my hr under control. I felt sluggish throughout the whole thing. In fact at 32 lengths I wanted so bad to get out that I had to give myself a stern talking to. I stuck it out but it even felt slow! I was so glad to get to the last few lengths and get it done but at the same time dreading the poor time which ended up half a minute slower than a few weeks ago. The coach was disappointed in me but we chatted and both know why I'm not hitting what I should, and its not lack of work. But he wants me to make the times I'm capable of and was very helpful in what he said.

Separately I now have a clubmate trying to psyche me out with weird mind games, which is a new one on me. I never realised people took competitiveness that far!
(3) thanks from:
22-02-2012, 01:51   #375
Dory Dory

Psychological warfare was always the passive-aggressive weapon of choice by swimmers in my day. Anything to get an edge. Just blow her off.

You know, 30 seconds isn't really all that bad for that distance....but more importantly, you had an opportunity to assess where you are and why, and it sounds like you've got clarity and a plan.....which translates into a constructive tt. And, just in case your coach didn't mention this in his chat with you, I've got two words to help you get some of that 30 seconds back: starting blocks.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion